Author Topic: Guess who Sen. John McCain is hosting in Arizona?  (Read 677 times)

rangerrebew

Guess who Sen. John McCain is hosting in Arizona?
« on: April 27, 2014, 01:18:21 pm »
You’ll Never Guess Who Sen. John McCain is Hosting in Arizona

April 26, 2014 By Jennifer Burke

Arizona Senator John McCain will host Hillary Clinton, who he describes as ‘his friend,’ at the Sedona Forum in Sedona, Arizona on Saturday, April 26th. The forum actually takes place over a course of three days from April 25th through the 27th. As reported by the Washington Post, McCain released the following statement about Hillary Clinton’s participation.

“From her years of service as first lady, in the U.S. Senate and the State Department, one would be hard-pressed to find a leader with Secretary Clinton’s informed perspective on the many challenges facing America across the globe,” McCain said.

The event is described on the McCain Institute website as “the annual gathering of national and international thought-leaders, decision-makers, business leaders, philanthropists, activists, and experts to discuss approaches and solutions to real-world problems—all from the starting assumption of character-driven leadership and core democratic values.”

The focus of this year’s forum is “Crisis in the Middle East: Values, Strategy and Options.” Given Clinton’s failure to respond to cries for help from Ambassador Chris Stevens days ahead of the terrorist attack at Benghazi that would take his life and the lives of 3 other Americans, Hillary may seem an interesting choice for such a discussion.

The event is by invitation only and is closed to the press.

The McCain Institute for International Leadership is located at Arizona State University in Tempe.

Other attendees of the forum will include the following:
•U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Ambassador William J. Burns
•U.S. Senators Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), Bob Corker (R-TN), Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND), Angus King (I-Maine), Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Jon Kyl (R-AZ, Ret.), and Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)
•GE Chairman and CEO and McCain Institute Board Member Jeff Immelt
•Walmart-USA U.S. President and CEO Bill Simon
•Chevron Chairman and CEO John Watson
•Fedex President and CEO Fred Smith
•Hewlett-Packard President and CEO Meg Whitman
•Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada Peter MacKay
•Foreign Minister of Lithuania Linas Linkevicius
•Former Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Kasyanov
•Founder of Education for Employment Ron Bruder
•Former CENTCOM Commander James Mattis
•Renowned U.S. and international policy experts
•Prominent civil society, women’s rights, and democracy activists

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/04/26/youll-never-guess-who-sen-john-mccain-is-hosting-in-arizona/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:19:06 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Guess who Sen. John McCain is hosting in Arizona?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 02:59:05 pm »
Congress, WH, SCOTUS, these guys are all in bed with each other, and it makes sense that they would be. I mean after all, Republican, Democrat, special interest, whatever these guys claim to be, as parasites their ultimate goal is to get as much money in their own pocket as possible. And their money is our money. They take it by threat of force from us. Of course they will all work together to increase the take.

They do nothing. They produce nothing. They are takers. There is no such thing as 'public service' anymore. These guys are all now multimillionaire criminals who only want the money. They are bloodsucking parasites.

Maybe McCain will campaign for Hilliary like he did for Obama when he 'pretended' to run against him.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 03:29:58 pm »
Maybe McCain will campaign for Hilliary like he did for Obama when he 'pretended' to run against him.

There could be more at play than this.  McCain may be angling to exchange his endorsement for Defense Secretary or Secretary of State.  At the very least, he is sending shivers down the spines of GOPe types who see that he might turn if Rand Paul or Ted Cruz gets the party nod.  That makes him more powerful as a broker.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 03:32:08 pm by massadvj »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 03:36:58 pm »
There could be more at play than this.  McCain may be angling to exchange his endorsement for Defense Secretary or Secretary of State.  At the very least, he is sending shivers down the spines of GOPe types who see that he might turn if Rand Paul or Ted Cruz gets the party nod.  That makes him more powerful as a broker.

Gods - NOT Defense! The military is not there to appease his own nightmares. Besides, as Roland of Gilead says: "The world has moved on." Would he even have clue one about how warfare has changed since his active service?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 03:44:07 pm »
Mixed metaphors?

Birds... feathers... strange bedfellows.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 05:46:44 pm »
We are in the 'divine right' stage of politics in America. These politicians do not even bother to pretend to be 'one of the people' anymore. They do not even pretend to have any special qualification or contribution to justify their positions and power. No. Instead they just say I am, therefore I am. Harry Reid and his ilk truely believe in their deepest heart that they are simply 'better' than everyone else and have a divine right to rule. Obama, Hillary, McCain, Reid, they are the same. They all believe that it is simply their 'right' to rule. And they believe that they are accountable to no one at all, not even to God. They just 'are', and that is all there is to it.

And now we see before us the increasing 'force of State' combined with the enforcement that the worst crime a person can commit is to be anti-Government. Being against the accumulation of power by these people is the worst crime imaginable, according to them. "How can you possibly be against me?" says, Obama, Reid, Hillary, "when I am obviously so perfect, and divine?"

The divine right of kings, or divine-right theory of kingship, is a political and religious doctrine of royal and political legitimacy. It asserts that a monarch is subject to no earthly authority, deriving the right to rule directly from the will of God. The king is thus not subject to the will of his people, the aristocracy, or any other estate of the realm, including (in the view of some, especially in Protestant countries) the Church.

According to this doctrine, only God can judge an unjust king.

The doctrine implies that any attempt to depose the king or to restrict his powers runs contrary to the will of God and may constitute a sacrilegious act. It is often expressed in the phrase "by the Grace of God", attached to the titles of a reigning monarch.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 05:49:41 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 07:35:45 pm »

They do nothing. They produce nothing. They are takers.

Not so!  They produce chaos, division, and more problems. :pondering:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 09:42:25 pm »
We are in the 'divine right' stage of politics in America. These politicians do not even bother to pretend to be 'one of the people' anymore. They do not even pretend to have any special qualification or contribution to justify their positions and power. No. Instead they just say I am, therefore I am. Harry Reid and his ilk truely believe in their deepest heart that they are simply 'better' than everyone else and have a divine right to rule. Obama, Hillary, McCain, Reid, they are the same. They all believe that it is simply their 'right' to rule. And they believe that they are accountable to no one at all, not even to God. They just 'are', and that is all there is to it.

And now we see before us the increasing 'force of State' combined with the enforcement that the worst crime a person can commit is to be anti-Government. Being against the accumulation of power by these people is the worst crime imaginable, according to them. "How can you possibly be against me?" says, Obama, Reid, Hillary, "when I am obviously so perfect, and divine?"

The divine right of kings, or divine-right theory of kingship, is a political and religious doctrine of royal and political legitimacy. It asserts that a monarch is subject to no earthly authority, deriving the right to rule directly from the will of God. The king is thus not subject to the will of his people, the aristocracy, or any other estate of the realm, including (in the view of some, especially in Protestant countries) the Church.

According to this doctrine, only God can judge an unjust king.

The doctrine implies that any attempt to depose the king or to restrict his powers runs contrary to the will of God and may constitute a sacrilegious act. It is often expressed in the phrase "by the Grace of God", attached to the titles of a reigning monarch.

I was a legislative staffer for six years.  You should try working for them.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 09:57:31 pm »
I was a legislative staffer for six years.  You should try working for them.

Think that's bad? Try body guarding them.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink