Author Topic: Two people shot at National Zoo on African American Family Day  (Read 2297 times)

rangerrebew

Two People Shot at Nat’l Zoo on African-American Family Day

Posted By Chris Graham on Apr 26, 2014 | 8 Comments

The National Zoo in Washington, D.C., is a great place to visit. I can’t say it’s the best zoo in America since it’s the only one I’ve been to, but if you’re ever in the area, definitely check it out.

That is, unless it’s a day when you know a lot of black people will be there. Case in point: On Easter Monday, the zoo held its annual African-American Family Day (I’ve found no information on the zoo’s website about when their annual White Family Day is held, but I’m sure I’m just overlooking it).

If you were to guess what happened at African-American Family Day at the zoo, what would that guess be? That everybody got along like peaches? That it was a nice, quiet, family-oriented affair? If these are your guesses, you might be a liberal.

No, what happened at African-American Family Day at the National Zoo was violence. Two people were shot, one in the hand and one in the arm. It mirrored past African-American Family Days at the zoo. In 2011 there was a fight and a stabbing, and in 2000 seven people were shot.

You would think they would have learned their lesson after the first incident; that they would stop holding events designated specifically for blacks, but nowadays being anti-racist is more important than being safe.

This shooting isn’t even a tragic news story, it’s just comical. It’s hard not to laugh at the utter predictability of it all. Every time they hold an African-American Family Day, a heavy police presence is required. That should tell you something. It certainly wouldn’t be required at White Family Day, or Asian Family Day, of that you can be sure.

From WUSA, D.C.’s CBS affiliate:

National Zoo Director Dennis Kelly said Wednesday that it’s back to the drawing board as they’ll now look for new ways to keep the area safe while keeping the character of the zoo.

How about stop holding African-American anything events? It’s not like black people are barred from attending the zoo on days without any specific racial designation. Why do they need their own day at the zoo? Is it to cull the herd? Is it a larger conspiracy to get as many blacks concentrated in one area at once and just wait for the violence to begin, like some sick form of entertainment for the powers that be? (Maybe I’m sick, because I do indeed find it entertaining that events of this sort of ethnic concentration inevitably devolve into violence.)

Of course major media like The Washington Post isn’t reporting that it was African-American Family Day, opting instead to call it “a holiday event.” USA Today only gave the full name of the event at the end of the article. Why does it matter that it was African-American Family Day? A shooting is a shooting. Okay.

African-American Day is actually “more than 100-years-old [sic] and was created for African-Americans who were not allowed to attend the annual White House Easter Egg Roll.” But blacks are now allowed at the White House Easter Egg Roll—they’re even allowed to live in the White House, by gum! Why are we holding onto these past remedies for past grievances?

Cancel African-American Family Day. End it. And until then, if you don’t want to be the victim of violence, you should stay far away from such events no matter what race you are.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/5553/two-people-shot-natl-zoo-african-american-family-day/#FkPiwJIrsEFLJRyD.99

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Two people shot at National Zoo on African American Family Day
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 01:57:35 pm »
I'll admit: I was tempted to make a joke about this (e.g. - Did fathers get in free with their kids?), but there's nothing funny about it.

Large portions of our cities are now home to functionally-illiterate, drug-addled, third-generation government dependents from fatherless and faithless families.

50 years of Progressive social policy created these nightmares, by replacing the values and virtues of Western civilization with the rules of the jungle and the smothering embrace of the State. But say that out loud, and a cacophony of manufactured outrage will envelop you with false charges of racism and bigotry, promoted especially by rich liberals in their cloistered communities, walled off from the reality that advances on them daily.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 02:58:23 pm »
I'll admit: I was tempted to make a joke about this (e.g. - Did fathers get in free with their kids?), but there's nothing funny about it.

Large portions of our cities are now home to functionally-illiterate, drug-addled, third-generation government dependents from fatherless and faithless families.

50 years of Progressive social policy created these nightmares, by replacing the values and virtues of Western civilization with the rules of the jungle and the smothering embrace of the State. But say that out loud, and a cacophony of manufactured outrage will envelop you with false charges of racism and bigotry, promoted especially by rich liberals in their cloistered communities, walled off from the reality that advances on them daily.

It's the 800 pound gorilla in the room. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 07:09:47 pm »
It's the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

Yep.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 01:46:48 am »
From the article:
[[ No, what happened at African-American Family Day at the National Zoo was violence. Two people were shot, one in the hand and one in the arm. It mirrored past African-American Family Days at the zoo. In 2011 there was a fight and a stabbing, and in 2000 seven people were shot. ]]

Refer to rules #10d and 10e of John Derbyshire's "The Talk":
(10d) Do not attend events likely to draw a lot of blacks.
(10e) If you are at some public event at which the number of blacks suddenly swells, leave as quickly as possible.
http://takimag.com/article/the_talk_nonblack_version_john_derbyshire/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 01:49:33 am »
Andy wrote above:
[[ 50 years of Progressive social policy created these nightmares, by replacing the values and virtues of Western civilization with the rules of the jungle...]]

Andy, your writing is eloquent and noble, but did it ever occur to you that for some, it might be impossible to replace "the rules of the jungle" with the precepts of Western civilization ??

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 02:10:03 am »
Andy, your writing is eloquent and noble, but did it ever occur to you that for some, it might be impossible to replace "the rules of the jungle" with the precepts of Western civilization ??

I'll take the bait.  Why would it be impossible for anyone (except maybe a small subset of the mentally ill) to refrain from bustin' a cap in a crowded place?  Maybe requiring someone to wear a belt so his underwear doesn't show is too much to ask.  Are you really saying, however, that it might be too much to ask of someone to not take a shot at someone else because of some perceived slight?  Is it too much to ask black college students to behave like civilized human beings instead of doing the things they used to do at Freaknik?  Or, are you saying that blacks are like animals and the rest of society should just learn to deal with them because they can't possibly do any better?  The behavior at events like this is well documented, and it's abhorrent.  But that's not the question at hand.

Maybe the key to your statement is "for some, it might be impossible".  If so, what do you mean by "for some"?  Is it a certain percentage?  Or is it just blacks from a certain state, city, or community?  If this is the case, why would it be impossible for these particular people to conform to the culture of civilized society but not others?

Perhaps I misunderstood what you said.  If so, I apologize and look forward to your clarification.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 02:44:08 am »
Where they random shootings or arguments over who the Baby-Mama's Baby-Daddy really was?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 05:46:58 am »
Luis - if I wanted to hear that sort of shit, I'd go read TOS.

Two PEOPLE got shot. They ain't convenient cyphers. They bleed and hurt and die.

You've been different the last few days. If you got a problem that is stressing you out, PM anyone or take it to the members section. We'll try sort it out.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:53:16 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 12:49:06 pm »
Luis - if I wanted to hear that sort of shit, I'd go read TOS.

Two PEOPLE got shot. They ain't convenient cyphers. They bleed and hurt and die.

You've been different the last few days. If you got a problem that is stressing you out, PM anyone or take it to the members section. We'll try sort it out.

No I'm the same. I have no problems.

I just have no pity for individuals, nations, religions, societies, cultures, etc that suffer from self-inflicted wounds.

I don't buy into the notion that blacks are the victims of anything other than their own behavior, and I don't believe the solution to their cultural woes are anyone's problems but their own.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 04:55:09 pm »
Experiment over.

I made a blatant, indisputably racist statement. My state of mind was questioned, and it was suggested that I should seek counseling.

Where are my defenders?

If I had cows, and incoherently tried to base my racist statement on government antipathy, would supporters arise and excuse my racism off?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 05:25:15 pm »
No I'm the same. I have no problems.

I just have no pity for individuals, nations, religions, societies, cultures, etc that suffer from self-inflicted wounds.

I don't buy into the notion that blacks are the victims of anything other than their own behavior, and I don't believe the solution to their cultural woes are anyone's problems but their own.

Fair enough. You had me worried for a minute.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 05:35:10 pm »
I don't buy into the notion that anyone is the victim of anything other than his own behavior, irrespective of skintone. 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 05:37:17 pm »
If I had cows, and incoherently tried to base my racist statement on government antipathy, would supporters arise and excuse my racism off?

Bundy was NOT saying we should relegate blacks to slavery.  He said that the black family has been harmed more by Dim policies than it was by slavery.

Bundy, E. W. Jackson, and Thomas Sowell said essentially the same thing, one less eloquently than the others.  All 3 hammered the Dims' social policies.  Two were ignored because they're black conservatives, the other is castigated because some of his specific words are considered archaic and politically incorrect.  Knowing this, the GOP runs from him and also ignores the 2 black guys.  The GOP should start defining themselves rather than letting the Dims do it for them.

This American Thinker column is worth a read.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 05:50:47 pm »
I don't buy into the notion that anyone is the victim of anything other than his own behavior, irrespective of skintone.

Sadly, I do. Or at least that people of shared skin tone can be the victims of others behavior.

My son in law and I do about the same amount of driving. In the last 10 years I have been pulled over three times - speeding, tail light out, driving erratically (they pulled me on suspicion of drunk driving, when in fact I had dropped a lit cigarette onto my crotch!). All three times it was settled quickly, at the roadside and without even a ticket.
In the same period he has been pulled over 57 times, been arrested twice (weapons possession - he had his toolbox in the car), and had his car searched more times than you can imagine for drugs. Is he not the victim of others behavior?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 06:08:30 pm »
Bundy was NOT saying we should relegate blacks to slavery.  He said that the black family has been harmed more by Dim policies than it was by slavery.

Bundy, E. W. Jackson, and Thomas Sowell said essentially the same thing, one less eloquently than the others.  All 3 hammered the Dims' social policies.  Two were ignored because they're black conservatives, the other is castigated because some of his specific words are considered archaic and politically incorrect.  Knowing this, the GOP runs from him and also ignores the 2 black guys.  The GOP should start defining themselves rather than letting the Dims do it for them.

This American Thinker column is worth a read.

Thank you, but I don't require translation or clarification services for things said in plain English.

That the case for Barack Obama, and that's the case for Cliven Bundy.

Thomas Sowell has NEVER stated that he wondered whether or not blacks in the US would be better off as slaves than under any circumstances that they find themselves in.

Never... not once.

I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? - Cliven Bundy

NOTHING that he said either before or after that statement makes that statement anything other than (at best) ignorant, and (at worse) racist.

... and I've heard the whole statement (several times), his clarification, and several dozen convoluted explanations.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 06:30:03 pm »
Sadly, I do. Or at least that people of shared skin tone can be the victims of others behavior.

My son in law and I do about the same amount of driving. In the last 10 years I have been pulled over three times - speeding, tail light out, driving erratically (they pulled me on suspicion of drunk driving, when in fact I had dropped a lit cigarette onto my crotch!). All three times it was settled quickly, at the roadside and without even a ticket.
In the same period he has been pulled over 57 times, been arrested twice (weapons possession - he had his toolbox in the car), and had his car searched more times than you can imagine for drugs. Is he not the victim of others behavior?

Yes... he's the victim of other people's behavior.

Not the cops however.

He's the victim of America's black culture's self-inflicted wounds.

The cops are just reacting to it.

Sad thing for your son-in-law.

In Bundy's eyes, the present situation of the blacks (or at least those blacks that he based his opinions on) is the fault of whites by way of our majority in government. Bundy then wonders if the solution to the problems of those blacks rests in the hands of whites again, whites being the majority of slave owners.

That's either a very liberal mindset (better lives through someone else exercising more control over your life), or a very racist mindset (blacks are incapable of resolving their own problems or even figuring out that they have a problem so they would be better off as slaves... blacks are obviously inferior). Having gained some understanding of Cliven Bundy these past couple of weeks, I'm thinking that he's not a liberal.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 06:47:02 pm »
Thomas Sowell has NEVER stated that he wondered whether or not blacks in the US would be better off as slaves than under any circumstances that they find themselves in.

This is true.  He never said he wonder whether or not they were better off as slaves or under the welfare state.

He stated unequivocally that the black family (and therefore the black community and the individuals it's made of) was better off then than now:  "The black family survived centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow, but it has disintegrated in the wake of the liberals’ expansion of the welfare state."  (Disintegration is bad.)

What's so bad about admitting this?  Why is it so hard to say something like "as awful as slavery was, the current situation is worse for the black community.  Government has instigated policies which have led to startlingly high rates of welfare dependence, abortion, homicide, drug use, and incarceration.  Instead of binding people with chains and subjecting them to whips, we're binding them with dependency which leads them to addiction, violence, and other undesirable outcomes."

Just because someone compares something to slavery doesn't mean they want to return to slavery.  That's Dim logic.

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 06:53:02 pm »
any info on the identity of the shooter?  or are the MSM being studiously mum?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 06:59:59 pm »
This is true.  He never said he wonder whether or not they were better off as slaves or under the welfare state.

He stated unequivocally that the black family (and therefore the black community and the individuals it's made of) was better off then than now:  "The black family survived centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow, but it has disintegrated in the wake of the liberals’ expansion of the welfare state."  (Disintegration is bad.)

What's so bad about admitting this?  Why is it so hard to say something like "as awful as slavery was, the current situation is worse for the black community.  Government has instigated policies which have led to startlingly high rates of welfare dependence, abortion, homicide, drug use, and incarceration.  Instead of binding people with chains and subjecting them to whips, we're binding them with dependency which leads them to addiction, violence, and other undesirable outcomes."

Just because someone compares something to slavery doesn't mean they want to return to slavery.  That's Dim logic.

You want to make your argument based on misinterpreting my position by suggesting that I am accusing Bundy of saying that he he wanted blacks to go back to being slaves.

Not only did Bundy NOT say that, I am not saying that he said that.

He wondered (his own word) whether today's blacks would be "better off as slaves".

Sowell has never said that he wondered whether blacks would be better of as slaves.

Your Sowell quote does not suggest that Sowell believes that blacks would be better of as slaves.

Never.

Not once has Sowell ever said that, and I seriously doubt that he's ever thought that.

Bundy said that.

That's either ignorant, or racist.

I'll repeat myself.

I am perfectly capable of understanding EXACTLY what Bundy said.

I don't need translation or interpretative services.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 07:08:18 pm »
Sowell has never said that he wondered whether blacks would be better of as slaves.

Your Sowell quote does not suggest that Sowell believes that blacks would be better of as slaves.

Sowell:  "The black family survived centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow, but it has disintegrated in the wake of the liberals’ expansion of the welfare state."

Why would Sowell even say this unless he meant that the black family (and the individuals that comprise it) is worse off now than back then?  Why would he even bring it up?

Apparently you think that because A > B, A must be good.  Nobody is saying that.  Slavery and the dependency wrought by the welfare state are both bad, and there's nothing wrong with saying it.  In fact, in terms of the black family, slavery didn't cause as much harm as the welfare state.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 07:19:21 pm »
Sowell:  "The black family survived centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow, but it has disintegrated in the wake of the liberals’ expansion of the welfare state."

Why would Sowell even say this unless he meant that the black family (and the individuals that comprise it) is worse off now than back then?  Why would he even bring it up?

I read Sowell. Almost everything that he's ever written.

He doesn't mince words.

If he thought that blacks would be better of as slaves he would say that unequivocally.

He didn't.

He has never said that.

Again... I need neither translation not interpretative services,

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 07:33:06 pm »
I read Sowell. Almost everything that he's ever written.

He doesn't mince words.

If he thought that blacks would be better of as slaves he would say that unequivocally.

He didn't.

He has never said that.

Again... I need neither translation not interpretative services,

Great news! Now that we know you are authorized to speak for Dr. Sowell, perhaps you can tell us what he meant when he said this:

"The black family survived centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow, but it has disintegrated in the wake of the liberals’ expansion of the welfare state."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 07:45:56 pm »
Great news! Now that we know you are authorized to speak for Dr. Sowell, perhaps you can tell us what he meant when he said this:

"The black family survived centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow, but it has disintegrated in the wake of the liberals’ expansion of the welfare state."

At the risk of inserting myself where I am not wanted, I would suggest that Sowell is referring to the family, and not to the overall conditions of slavery (or even Jim Crow).

In that case, he is clearly correct, but it does not logically follow that he thinks it's better to be owned by another human being than to be free to make choices.

Are you really suggesting that Sowell means that?  Don't you believe he holds human liberty in higher regard than that?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 07:51:34 pm »

Dr. Sowell is speaking to the disintegration of the black family. 

Respectfully submitted for consideration...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck