Author Topic: 22 senators find their spines, let Obama have it  (Read 376 times)

rangerrebew

22 senators find their spines, let Obama have it
« on: April 26, 2014, 08:03:54 pm »

22 Senators Find Their Spines, Let Obama Have It

Posted on April 25, 2014 by Tad Cronn Filed under Amnesty, Congress, Constitution, Corruption, Email Featured, National Security

Better late than never.

Twenty-two senators (all Republican, natch) sent off a blistering letter to the Man Who Would Be King, President Obama, warning him that his selective non-enforcement of the country's immigration laws shows "an astonishing disregard for the Constitution, the rule of law, and the rights of American citizens and legal residents."

There's no knowing how much liquid courage the senators had to imbibe before they got the guts to sign the fiery missive, but even Minority Leader Mitch McConnell found his chin long enough to stick it out in light of Obama's increasingly imperial approach to the presidency.

"Clearly, the urgent task facing your administration is to improve immigration enforcement, not to look for new ways to weaken it. Since 2009, your administration has issued policy directives and memoranda incrementally nullifying immigration enforcement in the interior of the United
 States," the letter reads in part.

At issue specifically is the Administration's ongoing "enforcement review," sparked by a March meeting with immigrant advocacy groups, that is showing signs of further weakening the already lax enforcement of immigration laws.

ICE and Border Patrol agents have complained that Administration policies are preventing them from doing their jobs, requiring them to release many immigrants who formerly would have been deported, even those posing a criminal threat. Despite Administration claims of deporting record numbers of immigrants, critics have shown the reality is that deportations have fallen by 40 percent under Obama.

"As a result of your policies," the letter says, "individuals here illegally who do not meet administration 'priorities' are not only largely exempt from the law, but are released even if they come into contact with federal law enforcement authorities. Because these priorities require at least one, and frequently multiple, criminal convictions, countless dangerous offenders are released back onto the streets  on a continual basis."

The senators also accused the Administration of "punishing ICE agents who want to uphold the oath they took to serve America," saying that ICE agents had been disciplined for making lawful arrests.

The letter continues: "These policies have operated as an effective repeal of duly enacted federal immigration law and exceed the bounds of the Executive Branch’s prosecutorial discretion. It is not the province of the Executive to nullify the laws that the people of the United States, through their elected representatives, have chosen to enact."

That last line should be the inscription under every picture of Obama printed from now till Doomsday.

Obama has abused his powers since the day he stepped into the Oval Office, but his flaunting of the law has grown by leaps and bounds since his State of the Union speech, in which he informed the world that Congress was now irrelevant and that he would rule by executive order.

The Congress, or at least the Republicans in it, should have curb stomped the Weasel-in-Chief then and there by walking out of the chamber, but perhaps the leadership was working under the theory that revenge is best served cold.

The fact that McConnell, who usually leads from the rear and suits up as a yes man for the Administration, signed on to this letter is intriguing and makes me think that we might for once see some follow through. I won't hold my breath, but here's hoping.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/15313/22-senators-find-spines-let-obama/#DS3fdwD1C613LHej.99

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: 22 senators find their spines, let Obama have it
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 08:38:11 pm »
They still do not 'get it'. This is all intentional. This is all by design. Obama has never hidden how he feels about America and the Western World. The only ones who have denied how Obama feels about freedom, are his fanatical brainwashed supporters.

The Liberals thought that by electing a Black Muslim Marxist radical to President that they would be able to control him and ameliorate the whole movement. Instead, they just empowered him and now he is doing exactly what he always said he would. He is destroying America, every day, every way.

If Obama could he would disband Congress altogether, and open the borders wide open to allow every criminal and anyone in the world to flood into America. What does he care? It is nothing to him what happens to America. Spend all the money, money...burn it down, burn it down, baby, let it burn.

It is silly, at this point, for anyone, including Liberals, to pretend that they are 'shocked' by what Obama does.

What is it going to take? What does Obama have to do, to inculcate into the Congress and the American people that he hates you? With every fiber of his soul. He hates America. And everything he does only proves that point.

This "President" gig is a freakin' joke to him. He doesn't care. He is laughing himself to sleep every night.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:40:31 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: 22 senators find their spines, let Obama have it
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 08:43:09 pm »
"The fact that McConnell, who usually leads from the rear and suits up as a yes man for the Administration, signed on to this letter is intriguing is running for re-election and makes me think that we might for once see some follow through. I won't hold my breath, but here's hoping."

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!