Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren would crush Hillary, and they both know it  (Read 1720 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Elizabeth Warren would crush Hillary, and they both know it
« on: April 26, 2014, 02:54:29 pm »
http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/04/elizabeth-warren-would-crush-hillary-and-they-both-know-it/

Elizabeth Warren would crush Hillary, and they both know it

Posted by William A. Jacobson      Friday, April 25, 2014 at 2:00pm

Run, Elizabeth, Run.

Forget the current polling as between Hillary and Elizabeth Warren. It pits Hillary against someone who “isn’t running.”

For all my criticisms of Warren, and they are extensive, I am convinced that if she ran, she would crush Hillary, just as Obama did.

Warren, as did Obama, has a unique ability to demagogue the core Democratic narrative of victimhood in ways that would make Hillary blush. She is more cunning than Hillary, more popular with the base, would bring an excitement the contrived Ready-for-Hillary movement could only dream of.   Democrats may be “ready” for Hillary, but they don’t really want her.

Face it, Democrats, in your heart of hearts, you want Elizabeth Warren to run.  She is the next One you have been waiting for.   You can imagine yourselves singing:

We’re gonna spread happiness
    We’re gonna spread freedom
    Obama’s Liz’s gonna change it
    Obama’s Liz’s gonna lead ‘em

You need to convince yourselves to support Hillary, and you will if you have to, but you don’t really want to have to.

Byron York makes the case that we should not rule out a Warren run:

1. Life is unpredictable. Clinton will be 69 years old on inauguration day 2017, nearly the oldest president ever. She has had a few health scares. By all accounts, she left her previous four-year stint in government service exhausted. She might not run, and the Democrat in second place in the polls, Vice President Joe Biden — 74 on inauguration day — is too old to be president. Beyond them, Democrats have nobody — except Elizabeth Warren.

2. Parties need competition. The primary process isn’t just to allow voters to pick a nominee. It’s for the candidates to become better candidates. The rigors of campaigning, the day-to-day jostle with competitors and the stress of high-profile debates all make candidates better. Conversely, a cakewalk through the primaries could leave a nominee in poor fighting shape for a general election. Warren would make Clinton a better candidate, and vice-versa.

3. The Left wants a hero. Clinton has never really excited the most liberal wing of the Democratic Party. They see her as an overcautious centrist like her husband, and on top of that, many have never forgiven her for voting to authorize the war in Iraq. Warren, on the other hand, has thrilled the Left with her attacks on inequality, plutocrats and big financial institutions.

4. Hillary ran a dumb campaign in 2008 and might do so again. For a group of seasoned veterans, the 2008 Clinton campaign showed a stunning ignorance of how to win delegates in a Democratic contest. Rival Barack Obama exploited that weakness brilliantly. For example, Obama collected more net delegates by winning the Idaho caucuses, with 21,000 participants, than Clinton did by winning the New Jersey primary, with more than 1 million voters. Clinton just didn’t pay attention to the smaller stuff, particularly the caucuses, and her cluelessness helped Obama win. It might help another rival in 2016.

5. One more time: Life is unpredictable. This is Warren’s only chance to run. She will be 67 on Inauguration Day 2017. (Has any party ever fielded a group as old as Clinton, Biden and Warren?) A run in 2020 or later is out of the question. Hillary, now struggling to define her legacy as Secretary of State, is running on pure entitlement. The only thing about her candidacy that truly excites the Democratic base is that she would be the first woman president. Of course, that applies to Elizabeth Warren, too. And Warren would present a far fresher face to voters than Clinton, who has been in the national spotlight since 1992.

Run, Elizabeth, Run.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Elizabeth Warren would crush Hillary, and they both know it
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 04:23:44 pm »
There's a lot of truth there, but I'm not ready to think Hillary's heading out to pasture just yet.  But yes, the left is absolutely taken with Pocahontas.  And she's not been riddled with the oversight that Hillary has.  Still, last poll I saw had Hillary ahead by around 60+ points.  But as I mentioned on another thread, this time heading into the 2008 election I don't think Obama was even on the long list of possibilities.  And Hillary had already been crowned!
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 04:35:16 pm »
There's a lot of truth there, but I'm not ready to think Hillary's heading out to pasture just yet.  But yes, the left is absolutely taken with Pocahontas.  And she's not been riddled with the oversight that Hillary has.  Still, last poll I saw had Hillary ahead by around 60+ points.  But as I mentioned on another thread, this time heading into the 2008 election I don't think Obama was even on the long list of possibilities.  And Hillary had already been crowned!

Exactly.. The far left does not like the Clinton's..  2016 in grand scheme of things is a long way..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 04:49:04 pm »
I never donate money to political candidates. I need the money for other things like putting kids through college and shoes, etc.

I donate my time.

I may make an exception, and donate to the Elizabeth Warren for President campaign.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 04:50:21 pm »

Exactly.. The far left does not like the Clinton's..  2016 in grand scheme of things is a long way..

Warren doesn't need to win.

She just needs to piss her supporters off at Hillary enough so they don't show up to vote come Election Day.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 04:51:19 pm »
Warren doesn't need to win.

She just needs to piss her supporters off at Hillary enough so they don't show up to vote come Election Day.

sounds like a plan!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 04:55:19 pm »
sounds like a plan!

One can make the argument that Ralph Nader's presence in the Florida ticket helped Bush win the 2000 election.

If the extreme left supports Warren, and Warren loses the primaries to Hillary, you could safely assume that a portion of Warren supporters would back any leftist on the ballot that's not Hillary.

In a close race that could make the difference.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:55:50 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 05:13:34 pm »
One can make the argument that Ralph Nader's presence in the Florida ticket helped Bush win the 2000 election.

If the extreme left supports Warren, and Warren loses the primaries to Hillary, you could safely assume that a portion of Warren supporters would back any leftist on the ballot that's not Hillary.

In a close race that could make the difference.

time to get a hard-left third candidate going then.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 05:34:39 pm »
time to get a hard-left third candidate going then.
With Obama as the nominee, they don't need a "hard left" third party.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 05:35:43 pm »
With Obama as the nominee, they don't need a "hard left" third party.

I'm hoping that he doesn't run in 2016.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 05:40:43 pm »

Can anyone clarify something for me?

Is there any law that would prevent Obama for running for another position? Or running as VP?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 05:50:05 pm »
Can anyone clarify something for me?

Is there any law that would prevent Obama for running for another position? Or running as VP?

The XII Amendment does:

"... no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."

The XXII Amendment makes Obama "constitutionally ineligible" by way of his two terms served as POTUS.

He can run for any other position that does not lists him in the line of succession to the Presidency.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 05:56:23 pm »
Thank you, Luis.

He can't pull a Putin then, at least. Though Illinois might have a new Governor or Senator in '16.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 06:11:12 pm »
Thank you, Luis.

He can't pull a Putin then, at least. Though Illinois might have a new Governor or Senator in '16.

I've heard rumors that he's going to open an LBGT friendly Halal wedding catering service. 

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 06:26:58 pm »
I've heard rumors that he's going to open an LBGT friendly Halal wedding catering service. 

:bigsilly:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 06:28:58 pm »
Poorly phrased by me. I SHOULD have said that with Obama as the nominee, the left didn't need a 3rd party in 2008 and 2012.

And that helped him win. I expect the same political savvy would carry over for Clinton or Warren.

Not so much for the clumsy center-right side. There are no end of those who would use the election process to set up their future careers in talk-radio, books and lectures etc. And of those who would support them.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 07:39:10 pm »
Poorly phrased by me. I SHOULD have said that with Obama as the nominee, the left didn't need a 3rd party in 2008 and 2012.

And that helped him win. I expect the same political savvy would carry over for Clinton or Warren.

Not so much for the clumsy center-right side. There are no end of those who would use the election process to set up their future careers in talk-radio, books and lectures etc. And of those who would support them.

Obama carried the center, and all the "Negro" vote (is that word fashionable again?).

I think the center, or a sizable portion of it anyway, is growing tired of the sort of politics that Obama exemplifies.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 11:40:01 pm »
Obama carried the center, and all the "Negro" vote (is that word fashionable again?).

I think the center, or a sizable portion of it anyway, is growing tired of the sort of politics that Obama exemplifies.

I agree with you, which means all the more we must nominate people who aren't obsessive over one issue, which tends to turn away the center.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 11:46:30 pm »
One of theses is ,so called, "White", and one of them is a so called, minority. Guess which one is which.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 11:51:42 pm »
One of theses is ,so called, "White", and one of them is a so called, minority. Guess which one is which.

Good comparison.  But quit picking on Pocahontas.  She's the dream candidate for the far left, and besides her momma told her she was an Indian.  :laugh: