Author Topic: Holder to remain U.S. attorney general through November elections at least  (Read 442 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://news.yahoo.com/holder-remain-u-attorney-general-november-elections-least-144928370.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder plans to stay on through November's mid-term elections and has no timeline for an exit after that, a Justice Department official told Reuters on Friday.

"The Attorney General does not plan to leave before the mid-terms. That does not mean that he is definitely leaving after the mid-terms, just that he is at least staying through that time," the official said.

There has been speculation over when Holder, 63, might step down from the post he has held since shortly after President Barack Obama took office in 2009. Should Republicans win control of both chambers of Congress in the November elections, it may be difficult for a potential replacement for Holder to be confirmed.

Among Obama's cabinet members, Holder is said to have one of the closest relationships with the president. During his time in office, Holder has taken on issues in line with the president's agenda, such as civil rights, voting rights, and most recently, reducing sentencing for low-level drug offenders.

The Washington Post reported earlier that Holder planned to stay through the elections but could not confirm his plans beyond that.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
If I were a Supreme Court Justice - I would be very careful in restaurants, traffic and walking past alleys right now.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline MACVSOG68

If I were a Supreme Court Justice - I would be very careful in restaurants, traffic and walking past alleys right now.

Yeah, I've thought that for a while now.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Yeah, I've thought that for a while now.

Professional paranoia?  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline MACVSOG68

Professional paranoia?  :beer:

Indeed.  Yet think about one of the conservative justices suddenly leaving this good Earth?  How might that change every potential decision coming down?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Oceander

Indeed.  Yet think about one of the conservative justices suddenly leaving this good Earth?  How might that change every potential decision coming down?

That is a disturbing thought.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The Warren Court revisited. Scary, isn't it?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024