Author Topic: Defense Secretary Hagel can’t get Russian Defense Minister on the phone  (Read 472 times)

Offline happyg

From FNC’s Justin Fishel:

Off camera quotes from Pentagon Spokesman Col. Steve Warren:

“We have made it clear to the Russians that Secretary Hagel is available for a phone call anytime. We have reached out to them and made it very clear to them that he is willing to speak with his counterpart there at any time.”

“We have not heard back from the Russians yet.”

Warren said the Pentagon reached out within the last 24 hours.

“He wants to tell the Russians to de-escalate the situation in Ukraine. Their continued destabilizing activities along the Ukrainian border are unhelpful and they need to withdrawal their troops from the Ukrainian border and place them back into their garrisons and go about working to a peaceful resolution to the crisis.”

============================

With Ukraine in turmoil, Hagel can’t get Russian counterpart to take his calls
 By Maggie Ybarra

The Washington Times
 Friday, April 25, 2014

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has been unable to get Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu on the phone amid escalating tension near the country’s shared border with Ukraine.

Mr. Shoigu announced Thursday that Russia planned to engage in a new series of military exercises near the Ukraine border. The military move, he said, is in response to ongoing NATO training exercises in Poland and the death of at least two pro-Russia insurgents in eastern Ukraine.

Army Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman, told reporters Friday that Mr. Hagel has been trying to communicate with Russian officials but has yet to hear back from Mr. Shoigu or anyone else. Pentagon officials have reached out to Russia on Mr. Hagel’s behalf within the past 24 hours, according to Col. Warren.
“We have made it clear to the Russians that Secretary Hagel is available for a phone call at any time,” he said. “We have reached out to them and made it very to them that he is willing to speak to his counterpart there at any time.”

Mr. Hagel intends to call on the Russians to de-escalate the situation inUkraine and express to them that the new round of military exercises along the Ukrainian border are unhelpful, Col. Warren said. The Russians, he said, “need to withdraw their troops from the Ukranian border and place them back into their garrisons.”
Russia has “a broad array of forces aligned along the Ukranian border, according to Col. Warren. The Pentagon, he said, is tracking troop movements throughout the region and is “seeing all flavors of the Russian-combined armed force.”

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2014/04/25/defense-secretary-hagel-cant-get-russian-defense-minister-on-the-phone/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Finally, something in the news I can actually believe. The Russians have as much respect for the Obama administration as they do if Columbia were trying to get them on the phone. And, that is what Obama and the Leftists have been saying for years that they want. They want everyone to be equal. Well, welcome to equality, losers. lol

I have been chuckling to myself for a while now about all the phone calls between Obama and Putin. I do not believe that any of them are true. I think Putin has a representative who's job it is to play patty-cake with Obama. I doubt very much Putin would waste his own time with him. How would Obama know? Not possible.

The thing that made me laugh the most was when Putin was asked about the American troops in Poland, and he responded with, "There will be consequences." I'm am sure he laughed when he said that. American foreign policy is such a joke that it is funny when Putin parrots Obama's own meaningless nonsensical gibberish back to him.

We are being ruled over by fools. This will not end well IMO.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:48:10 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.