Author Topic: Dem. politician appointed by Obama defends muslim airline that bans Israeli Jews  (Read 458 times)

rangerrebew

Dem Politician Appointed by Obama Defends Muslim Airline that Bans Israeli Jews

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On April 24, 2014 @ 9:47 pm In The Point | No Comments

Anthony Foxx was the Democratic Mayor of Charlotte. Obama called him an “impressive leader” when he appointed him Secretary of Transportation and he certainly is leading when it comes to defending Muslim discrimination against Israeli Jews.

In late 2013, a formal complaint was filed with the U.S. Secretary of Transportation (Secretary) alleging illegal discrimination by Kuwait Airways (KA) on the basis of national origin, in violation of federal law proscribing such discrimination by air carriers. The complaint concerned the airline’s refusal to transport Israeli nationals on nonstop flights from New York to London.

The Secretary denied the complaint earlier this year, asserting that KA had not violated any U.S. anti-discrimination law because the airline is required to comply with Kuwaiti law, which prohibits Israeli passport holders from entering Kuwait. As the attorney now pursuing this matter correctly articulated, “In essence, the Secretary determined that Kuwait Airways did not violate U.S. law because that airline was required by Kuwaiti law to discriminate against Israeli nationals.” The Secretary’s rationale is particularly unfounded because the flight at issue goes from New York to London; the fact that Israeli passport holders cannot enter Kuwait is wholly irrelevant. Moreover, if any entity conducts business in the United States, it must comply with U.S. law.

Dissatisfied with the response, Eldad Gatt, who filed the initial complaint, commenced an action in U.S. federal court in March 2014, appealing the Secretary’s denial and requesting appropriate relief, arguing that “[t]he Secretary has officially endorsed Kuwait Airways’ policy of boycotting Israeli nationals, and has explicitly authorized Kuwait Airways to continue its blatantly discriminatory practices.”

Gatt’s petition was served to Foxx and Holder. The agency has tried to hide behind Kuwait’s passport laws, but if Kuwait wants to operate an airline serving non-Muslim countries and in transit between non-Muslim countries, it has to operate under US laws.

If Kuwait Airlines were to deny a ticket to a gay man because homosexuality is against the law in Kuwait, would Holder and Foxx and Obama be okay with that?

Yousuf Mindkar, the director of public health at the Kuwaiti health ministry, told Al Rai that he wants to use a “gay detector test” to keep LGBT expatriates out of Kuwait and other Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC).

“We will take stricter measures that will help us detect gays,” he said in a translation provided by Gulf News.

What about denying tickets to unaccompanied women? How far will Obama, Foxx and Holder go in defending Islamic bigotry?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/dem-politician-appointed-by-obama-defends-muslim-airline-that-bans-israeli-jews/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Sorry - you get on an airliner and you are, for the duration of the flight, bound by the flag nations laws. Think of them as mini, flying embassies.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:13:45 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

Sorry - you get on an airliner and you are, for the duration of the flight, bound by the flag nations laws. Think of them as mini, flying embassies.

You fly from American soil, you are bound to US laws.   Kuwaiti Airways can take its happy ass somewhere else if it doesn't like our laws.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
You fly from American soil, you are bound to US laws.   Kuwaiti Airways can take its happy ass somewhere else if it doesn't like our laws.

Actually - just no. The instant the undercarriage leaves the runway, you are bound by both the flag nations law and sea law (basically captain says and you do it).

I would point out my beloved wife does this for a living and takes an exam on it every single year.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

Actually - just no. The instant the undercarriage leaves the runway, you are bound by both the flag nations law and sea law (basically captain says and you do it).

I would point out my beloved wife does this for a living and takes an exam on it every single year.

We'll see how the lawsuit turns out. 

I don't really care.  Why a Jew would want to fly on a Muzzie airline is beyond me.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
We'll see how the lawsuit turns out. 

I don't really care.  Why a Jew would want to fly on a Muzzie airline is beyond me.

Wow. I have never seen this side of you. What a crazy, racist? ignorant thing to say.

Tommy Webber: You know, with all that makeup and stuff, I actually thought you were SMART for a second.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

Wow. I have never seen this side of you. What a crazy, racist? ignorant thing to say.

Tommy Webber: You know, with all that makeup and stuff, I actually thought you were SMART for a second.

Racist?  What's racist or even crazy about not wanting to be around people who don't want you around?  If the dumbasses as Kuwaiti Air don't accept Israeli passports, they don't want Jews on their airline.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Believe it or not but I actually like you. And I respect you.

Even though you do not know it, what you said translates to, "Why the hell would a Black want to ride on a White bus anyway? What is wrong with those people?"

I know you are not racist, and I know you did not mean that. But that 'is' what you said.

Instead of identifying the problem, and address that, you are advising avoidance, as if to say the problem is with the Jew instead of the people who are stigmatizing him.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.