Author Topic: Exclusive: Putin Halts All Talks With White House  (Read 749 times)

Offline flowers

Exclusive: Putin Halts All Talks With White House
« on: April 25, 2014, 08:05:02 pm »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/25/exclusive-putin-halts-all-talks-with-white-house.html

“Putin will not talk to Obama under pressure,” said Igor Yurgens, Chairman of the Institute for Contemporary Development, a prominent Moscow think tank, and a close associate of Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev. “It does not mean forever.”

Obama and Putin last spoke over the phone on April 14, a call that the White House said was initiated at Moscow’s request. Obama urged Putin in the call to end Kremlin support for armed, pro-Russian activists creating unrest in eastern Ukraine. Obama also warned that the U.S. would impose more “costs” on Russia if Putin continued his current course. According to the Kremlin’s readout of the call, Putin denied Russian interference in eastern Ukraine and said “that such speculations are based on inaccurate information.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Exclusive: Putin Halts All Talks With White House
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 10:34:38 pm »
I pray we survive this regime.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 11:46:46 pm »
I hope to god that this does not blow up.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 12:25:08 am »
I hope to god that this does not blow up.

It will most likely end up with some Russian military action inside Ukraine, but I think that it will remain localized, even within Ukraine, and certainly won't spread beyond Ukraine.  As much as I think Putin is a dangerous dog, he is a smart dog too and I think right now he has a pretty good grasp on just how far he can push against the political inertia of the US and Europe without getting into a real shooting war with either.

The end result, I think, is that by the end of this year the eastern parts of Ukraine will have been annexed to Russia the way that Crimea is now annexed to Russia.

SPQR

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 03:04:56 am »
The Russians already have their minds set. They are ready to go into the Ukraine. They have already entered Ukrainian airspace several times. They are just testing the waters how will NATO react to the provocations.Invading from the north, east, and southeast, the Russians could likely overwhelm the Ukrainian military in a classic pincer movement. I predicted that the Russians would be doing this.

http://m.nationalreview.com/article/373392/putin-opens-second-front-ukraine-tom-rogan
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,135599.msg553773.html#msg553773
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:50:51 am by SPQR »

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 04:38:34 am »
The Russians already have their minds set. They are ready to go into the Ukraine. They have already entered Ukrainian airspace several times. They are just testing the waters how will NATO react to the provocations.Invading from the north, east, and southeast, the Russians could likely overwhelm the Ukrainian military in a classic pincer movement. I predicted that the Russians would be doing this.

http://m.nationalreview.com/article/373392/putin-opens-second-front-ukraine-tom-rogan
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,135599.msg553773.html#msg553773

I agree that it's basically a foregone conclusion.  It's possible that he is also using this as a way of gauging how NATO would react if he went after another little non-NATO country, like Moldova, next.

SPQR

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 04:50:03 am »
I agree that it's basically a foregone conclusion.  It's possible that he is also using this as a way of gauging how NATO would react if he went after another little non-NATO country, like Moldova, next.

A pincer movement is the quickest way of cutting a enemies army and nation in half in the quickest way. The Nazis and Russians perfected this method. What you would probably see air bombardment inside the pockets because its a complex multi-discipline endeavor. I can see Moldovia next because of the dependence of natural gas from Russia.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:12:54 am by SPQR »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 01:19:52 pm »
WTH. This is bordering on the absurd.
Obama would save Putin if he were drowning
By Geoff Earle/New York Post
April 25, 2014 | 2:19pm

WASHINGTON — President Obama has revealed the limits of his frosty relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin: He’d save the Russian leader’s life if given the chance — just like for anyone else.

“I absolutely would save Mr. Putin if he were drowning,” Obama said in Seoul during a press conference. “I used to be a pretty good swimmer. I grew up in Hawaii,” Obama noted when asked by a reporter.

But Obama suggested his heroic impulse wasn’t out of any particular affection for his frequent nemesis in global affairs.

“I’d like to think that if anybody’s out there drowning, I’m going to save them,” Obama added.

Putin, who defied Obama’s warnings when he sent Russian forces into Ukraine to help annex Crimea, was actually more complimentary when he got asked the same question on a strange call-in program earlier this month.

Putin called Obama a “decent and brave man” whom he would save from a watery grave.

“Everything in the world is very interdependent,” Putin meandered in a complaint about Western sanctions. “So when one tries to punish someone, like a naughty child, have them kneel on peas so it would hurt — in the end they will saw off the branch they’re sitting on, and at some point, they will of course understand this.”

There is little evidence that Putin is in need of anyone’s assistance at the moment. The muscular former KGB agent, who likes to stage tough poses with tigers and other animals, has amassed an estimated 40,000 troops on the border with southeastern Ukraine, and has already begun the process of absorbing Crimea into Russia’s territory.

Although US and European sanctions have taken a toll on Russia’s economy, they don’t appear to have weakened Putin’s hand.

Obama called the leaders of France, Germany, Italy and Great Britain, the White House said Friday, and the president “noted that the United States is prepared to impose targeted sanctions to respond to Russia’s latest actions.”

Obama has taken verbal shots at Putin before. In August, he said Putin has “got that kind of slouch, looking like the bored kid in the back of the classroom.”

Russia was an obstacle to US policymakers on Syria, Iran and other issues even before the Ukraine crisis erupted this spring.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org