Author Topic: Capitol Dome damage is so bad, 'We're going to lose it,' warns senator  (Read 395 times)

Offline flowers

http://washingtonexaminer.com/capitol-dome-damage-so-bad-were-going-to-lose-it-warns-senator/article/2547320?rel=author

Lawmakers are rallying around the 150-year-old U.S. Capitol Dome, weather-whipped and torn open by acid rain, worried that if an 11th-hour restoration isn’t fully funded, its most important traits could be lost forever.

“If this work isn't done,” warned Sen. John Hoeven, R-N.D., “we're going to lose the dome, we're going to lose it as it truly, historically is.”

A big fix, added Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., is needed, “so that we don't lose these treasures forever.”

The two Senate appropriators are joining to help Architect of the Capitol Stephen T. Ayers secure the money needed to complete the $60 million restoration projection, set to go into final stages next month with the erection of scaffolding to surround the whole dome, just like that done recently at the Washington Monument.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
When I look at the bad that has come out of that building and compare it to the good, I say let it fall.  With any luck, it'll happen while both houses are in session.

Offline flowers

When I look at the bad that has come out of that building and compare it to the good, I say let it fall.  With any luck, it'll happen while both houses are in session.
:patriot:

Offline Charlespg

I can think of a whole bunch of congresscritters  I'd like to see smashed underneath
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton