Author Topic: NYT's...Obama Suffers Setbacks in Japan and the Mideast  (Read 589 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYT's...Obama Suffers Setbacks in Japan and the Mideast
« on: April 25, 2014, 02:25:30 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/25/world/asia/obama-asia.html?_r=0

Obama Suffers Setbacks in Japan and the Mideast

By MARK LANDLER and JODI RUDORENAPRIL 24, 2014

TOKYO — President Obama encountered setbacks to two of his most cherished foreign-policy projects on Thursday, as he failed to achieve a trade deal that undergirds his strategic pivot to Asia and the Middle East peace process suffered a potentially irreparable breakdown.

Mr. Obama had hoped to use his visit here to announce an agreement under which Japan would open its markets in rice, beef, poultry and pork, a critical step toward the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the proposed regional trade pact. But Prime Minister Shinzo Abe was not able to overcome entrenched resistance from Japan’s farmers in time for the president’s visit.

In Jerusalem, Israel’s announcement that it was suspending stalemated peace negotiations with the Palestinians, after a reconciliation between the Palestine Liberation Organization and the militant group Hamas, posed yet another obstacle to restarting a troubled peace process in which Secretary of State John Kerry has been greatly invested.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: NYT's...Obama Suffers Setbacks in Japan and the Mideast
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 03:21:45 pm »
from the comment section at the NYT's

DocDave88
Missouri 13 minutes ago

The perfectly predictable result of electing a naif and then confirming two consecutive demonstrated incompetents to be Secretary of State.

Perhaps if the Boy King had bowed a little deeper it would have done the trick.

But don't worry NYT readers. It all worked in the faculty lounge and that's really all that matters, isn't it.

lbdiamond
san francisco 21 minutes ago

This guy, while destroying our economy and stumbling through International Blunders only further substantiates the term "Empty Suit"

5Recommend

Jurgen Granatosky
Belle Mead, NJ 21 minutes ago

It is telling that even the news media cannot blame this one on George W. it is all Mr. Obama.

Even his campaign slogans for "hope and change," or "forward," are telling because they mean something different to everyone and without any unifying meaning, they therefore have no substance.

What has been lacking all along, was and is, is effective leadership. Too bad the reality of Mr. Obama's executive skills were not up for discussion through 2007 and beyond.

I don't read many NYT's articles let alone the comment section. I am a bit surprised to see negative comments about him at the site.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:23:34 pm by flowers »

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 03:22:44 pm »
JJR67
Arizona 21 minutes ago

Japan, Mideast and most worrisome the USA. The community organizer experiment has resulted in an epic fail.

3Recommend

Superpower
USA 21 minutes ago

This is what leading from behind looks like... take a good long look.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 03:25:44 pm »
Ray Dubb
NJ 21 minutes ago

Barack Obama has been great!
Great campaigner.
Great speech reader.
Great talker.
Great trasher of Constitutional law.
Great at overstepping his executive powers.
Great at the bitter polarization of Congress.
Great racial divider.
Great at maligning hard work and entrepreneurship.
Great at class warfare.
Great big foreign policy failure.
Great at big government control.

mike kelly
ny 21 minutes ago

In all honesty, is anyone surprised that Obama has had absolutely no foreign, or domestic, successes during his false reign as "commander in chief"? He was an inexperienced puppet in 2008 who fit the bill of the politically correct conscience of the media and was made "king for a day" with no skills or content. If we do not get a strong, proven candidate running for the next election, and one willing to revoke the errors made under this bogus president, this country is in for a tough future.

4Recommend

NYCLAW
Flushing, New York 1 hour ago

Sadly, after the Syria debacle, Obama may have to be more "Bush II" like (i.e. recklessness) to regain his credibility and to let the international community knows that he means business.

Russia would be a good start. Since Putin was the first one to unveil that the emperor had no clothes.

Dave
North Strabane, PA 21 minutes ago

With the deceptive caption for this Obama-blaming piece, it brought a torrent of comments from people who appear to have gotten their talking points from Fox News, not exactly typical for this paper. I was fully expecting to hear someone bring up the president's birth certificate. Can you imagine if these reporters were covering Abe Lincoln in, say, 1862 or 1864? They would blame Abe for losing all those early battles (except Antietam) and for the Grant-led slaughter in 1864 that brought victory for the Union. And, yes, for the grandiose idea of freeing the slaves suggested in the Emancipation Proclamation. They would, of course, dwelled on Abe's experience. To be sure, Lincoln had never even been a community organizer, just a congressman for two year in the 1840s who was defeated in 1858 when he ran for the Senate.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 10:50:24 pm »
Let's be honest about this, shall we?

Anybody that has half a brain could have easily predicted all of this. Obama has this innate ability to royally screw up a wet dream. He was born with it and he will die with it.

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 10:58:31 pm »
But don't worry NYT readers. It all worked in the faculty lounge and that's really all that matters, isn't it.
Ouch! Great comment.

What did anyone expect from this moron? I swear, he decided to go to Japan just to try some of that expensive sushi.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 11:03:56 pm »
Ouch! Great comment.

What did anyone expect from this moron? I swear, he decided to go to Japan just to try some of that expensive sushi.

I think that you just nailed it!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 11:11:32 pm »
PzLdr: Custer suffers setback in Montana.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee