Author Topic: John McCain to host Hillary Clinton in Sedona, Ariz.  (Read 645 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John McCain to host Hillary Clinton in Sedona, Ariz.
« on: April 25, 2014, 12:40:53 pm »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/04/24/john-mccain-to-host-hillary-clinton-in-sedona-ariz/

John McCain to host Hillary Clinton in Sedona, Ariz.

By Philip Rucker   
    April 24 at 3:59 pm

Since leaving the State Department last year, Hillary Rodham Clinton has racked up scores of accolades and appeared on many a big stage. Still, it might come as a surprise that a past Republican presidential nominee -- specifically, the one who is among the loudest critics of Clinton's handling of the Benghazi terrorist attacks -- would invite her to his desert retreat for a lofty conversation about leadership values.

This is precisely what Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) has done.

Clinton, a prospective 2016 Democratic presidential candidate, will appear on stage Saturday with McCain at the Sedona Forum, an annual ideas festival hosted by the McCain Institute for International Leadership at Arizona State University. Clinton is among the national and international business leaders, philanthropists and public figures appearing at the gathering, held in Sedona, the tony red-rocks oasis in Arizona's Verde Valley.

In a statement released Thursday, McCain called Clinton "my friend" and praised her public service career.

"From her years of service as first lady, in the U.S. Senate and the State Department, one would be hard-pressed to find a leader with Secretary Clinton's informed perspective on the many challenges facing America across the globe," McCain said.

According to a news release, Clinton is scheduled to "participate in a conversation" with McCain. This year's forum will focus on "Crisis in the Middle East: Values, Strategy and Options," and will include a session on Russia and Ukraine and on combating human trafficking.

McCain, along with Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.), has been a consistent critic of Clinton's handling of the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, when four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya J. Christopher Stevens, were killed.

Clinton repeatedly has taken responsibility for what happened in Benghazi. At an event in Boston on Wednesday, Clinton said of the incident, "It's very painful and it was certainly the biggest regret that I had as secretary of state."

Clinton and McCain forged a friendship in the Senate, when both served on the Armed Services Committee, and they and their spouses have supported each other's philanthropic endeavors.

Last month, McCain appeared on stage with Bill Clinton at the Clinton Global Initiative University conference in Tempe, Ariz., hamming it up like old buddies. And this week, Cindy McCain appeared at an event in Phoenix with business and community leaders and to promote Too Small to Fail, the early childhood education initiative that Hillary Clinton is helping lead. McCain sits on the group's leadership council.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MBB1984

Re: John McCain to host Hillary Clinton in Sedona, Ariz.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 07:24:11 pm »
McCain is indeed Hillary's friend!   :amen:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 10:46:27 pm »
McCain is indeed Hillary's friend!   :amen:

"Friend" is okay.  "Political advocate and ally" is what disturbs me.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 03:25:27 am »

From where are you quoting "Political advocate and ally?"

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 03:28:32 am »
Clinton has a lot of testicular fortitude to attend this gathering.  I'm assuming she has some assurances that it is not a trap.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 03:39:32 am »
Clinton has a lot of testicular fortitude to attend this gathering.  I'm assuming she has some assurances that it is not a trap.

Hell...he's auditioning for Secretary of Defense.

(so says Michael Savage)   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 04:32:21 am »
Hell...he's auditioning for Secretary of Defense.

(so says Michael Savage)   :laugh:

NO!!!! Just bleep NO! Dude never met a war he didn't like. I am sorry, my brothers and sisters in uniform are not there to kill his nightmares.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 06:02:49 pm »

There are a few liberals I could have some form of friendship.  The Clintons could never fit in that category. They are criminals and unethical to the core, similar to McCain's buddy Ted Kennedy.  That McInsane considers and considered them friends speaks volumes about McCain.