Author Topic: Stunner! Benghazi Was a Base for Illegal Arms Shipments to Syria  (Read 1380 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Stunner! Benghazi Was a Base for Illegal Arms Shipments to Syria
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 04:12:28 am »
Interesting idea.

Pissed off people who have had enough are far more dangerous than terrorists.

Interesting.

They are way more dangerous.

Terrorists fight for an ideology. Pissed off people fight for their homes and families. Guess who fights harder and dirtier.

Take your average grunt. He'll fight, it's what he does. Devotion to country and so on. Touch his actual family or his squad mates and he'll shred you like a V8 powered chainsaw on PCP. Like they say in retail, the personal touch makes all the difference.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 02:52:12 pm »
bkmk

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 10:13:32 pm »
Bigun: Maybe you can help me out with this.
Given the following:
1..The Syrian rebels were backed by al qaeda..is that right?
2..The Benghazi embassy, or whatever it was, was attacked by al qaeda..is that right?
If this is so, why did al qaeda attack the source of their supply for arms in Syria??

anyone, anyone???

We simply don't know what went wrong because our own intelligence people aren't telling us.  The Putin angle is speculation, and I'm not sure I believe it.  There is a retired intelligence officer claiming it was a plot to kidnap Stevens and trade him for the blind sheik, but I don't lmow if I believe that, either.  There has been plenty of legitimate reporting on the weapons sales to Syrian rebels, especially in the foreign press.  The simple fact of the matter is when you are making deals with bad guys, things can go hinky.  It happens in drug deals all the time.  This is no different.