Author Topic: John Kerry Just Gave Russia A Final Warning  (Read 592 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Kerry Just Gave Russia A Final Warning
« on: April 24, 2014, 11:17:04 pm »
http://www.businessinsider.com/john-kerry-statement-ukraine-russia-putin-2014-4

John Kerry Just Gave Russia A Final Warning
Brett LoGiurato

43 minutes ago   

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry provided Russia with a stern warning Thursday evening: Start complying with the de-escalation agreement brokered last week in Geneva, or face the wrath of new U.S. sanctions.

Kerry delivered a terse statement from the State Department's briefing room late Thursday, during which he blasted Russia for not taking a "single step in the right direction" toward de-escalation. He criticized Russian President Vladimir Putin for what he called outlandish claims that the Internet is a "CIA plot." And he accused Russia of waging a propaganda campaign, led by "propaganda bullhorn" network Russia Today.

"What is happening in eastern Ukraine is a military operation that is well planned and organized," Kerry said. "If Russia continues in this direction, it will not only be a grave mistake — it will be an expensive mistake."

Kerry's comments came on the same day U.S. President Barack Obama said during a press conference in Japan that new sanctions were "teed up." On the ground in eastern Ukraine, the crisis escalated, as Russia embarked on new military drills along the Ukrainian border after Ukraine said it had killed up to five pro-Russian militants.

Putin warned Ukraine's actions would "have consequences," after which Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov announced the new military drills. Ukraine's Foreign Ministry gave Russia a 48-hour ultimatum to explain its military drills.

A week after the deal in Geneva was reached, however, Kerry praised Ukraine as being the only country to "keep its word."

"The window to change course," Kerry said, "is closing. We are ready to act."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: John Kerry Just Gave Russia A Final Warning
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:24:31 pm »
The terms "wrath" and "U.S. sanctions" do not go together.

Now, "limp noodle" and "U.S. santions", those fit very well.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 12:31:14 am »
We really mean it this time! Starting ... now!
No, wait, not yet. Okay, Russia, you'd better do what we say or else. Starting ... now!
Aw darnit, wait a minute. There will be consequences, you know.
(What's the "or else," does anyone know?)
Starting now!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 12:43:57 am »
John F'in Kerrry is every bit as worthless as his boss!

Maybe even MORE worthless but that is going some!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 12:44:17 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 04:23:44 am »
There are economic levers the US could use to hurt Russia, but they lose most of their impact if the Europeans do not go along.

Those economic levers would hurt us too; that's the problem. We can't burn Russia economically without getting some ourselves.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 04:44:45 am »
Yeah! But was it his FINAL final warning? You know... wrapped in a red line.  :whistle:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 04:52:35 am »
Those economic levers would hurt us too; that's the problem. We can't burn Russia economically without getting some ourselves.

I wouldn't be surprised if China called our bluff on sanctioning Russia.  Europe certainly doesn't want to sanction Russia, and China could become the world superpower if they made the US stand down, be it in public or through backchannels. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 02:29:57 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if China called our bluff on sanctioning Russia.  Europe certainly doesn't want to sanction Russia, and China could become the world superpower if they made the US stand down, be it in public or through backchannels.

China has a long way to go before they pass us as the world superpower. It was within the last couple of years that China built their very first stealth aircraft, and I think they only recently built their first modern aircraft carrier as well. Militarily they aren't even close to us, not by a long shot. Their median standard of living is also way behind us, and the only reason they do "better" academically is because they have 4 times as many people and only give the very best and brightest the opportunity to represent the country.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 03:09:56 pm »
We really mean it this time! Starting ... now!
No, wait, not yet. Okay, Russia, you'd better do what we say or else. Starting ... now!
Aw darnit, wait a minute. There will be consequences, you know.
(What's the "or else," does anyone know?)
Starting now!

:silly:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 01:22:20 am »
Article title:
[[ John Kerry Just Gave Russia A Final Warning... ]]

And then what .... ???

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 01:10:44 pm »
While Kerry issues empty threats toward Russia, Obama threatens North Korea with the USA's military might. Um, Barry, would that be the military you keep decimating?
...  President Barack Obama said on Saturday the United States did not use its military might to “impose things” on others, but that it would use that might if necessary to defend South Korea from any attack by the reclusive North. ...
More at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org