Author Topic: Bundy stands by his 'better off' as slaves comments  (Read 18661 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Bundy stands by his 'better off' as slaves comments
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 10:20:02 pm »
Music Lady wrote  don't put words in my mouth.I never said slavery was "not so bad " nor do I defend it  ..I said Bundy was right about Democratic slavery ,he is not the only person to wonder if they no better off ...and I  For one am tired of Conservatives letting  liberals play the race card .I don't give a tinkers damm if Bundy is raciest or not ,Randy Weaver was a white separatist  and I still think the FBI Sniper &  the SOBs responsible   for that fiasco need to be hanged ...This is still about a out of control government,to hell and damnation  with what ever some nasty little bleep NYT reporters writes

.Conservatives need to stop  wetting our pants every time some liberal skunk screams racism

Wait a minute now.

BUNDY played the race card.

HE brought race unto the debate, and HE stands by his words.

The left didn't play the race card here.

BUNDY played it, and now he's getting his ass kicked for doing so.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 10:22:21 pm »
Music Lady wrote  don't put words in my mouth.I never said slavery was "not so bad " nor do I defend it  ..I said Bundy was right about Democratic slavery ,he is not the only person to wonder if they no better off ...and I  For one am tired of Conservatives letting  liberals play the race card .I don't give a tinkers damm if Bundy is raciest or not ,Randy Weaver was a white separatist  and I still think the FBI Sniper &  the SOBs responsible   for that fiasco need to be hanged ...This is still about a out of control government,to hell and damnation  with what ever some nasty little bleep NYT reporters writes

.Conservatives need to stop  wetting our pants every time some liberal skunk screams racism

So, according to you, we should what???  Condone racism?  Leave it alone because it's not about us??

Seems to me there's a poem about that............something about Nazis coming for Jews???

It is a ridiculous argument that because the left preys on us, accusing us of racism at every turn where it doesn't exist, that we should IGNORE the real thing because the government is too big.

As far as I'm concerned it is YOU who are cowering because of the attacks of the left, not me.  It is YOU who are afraid to speak up against wrongs because the left has lied about you.

I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade.  Racism is wrong, no matter how much the left lies.  I'm a life-long conservative, and have opposed racism ever since I knew it existed.

And I will NOT let them, nor you, silence me.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 10:27:28 pm »
Since this thread long ago slid off into the outfield, I strongly recommend someone lock this thread, everyone take a deep calming breath and move on.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 10:30:56 pm »
Since this thread long ago slid off into the outfield, I strongly recommend someone lock this thread, everyone take a deep calming breath and move on.

The debate is over.

That has such a familiar ring.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 10:31:04 pm »

...right on time......coming onto a thread that you did NOT participate in and calling for it to be locked.

:whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2014, 10:46:49 pm »
Settle down everyone....take a breather....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2014, 10:56:52 pm »
There's nothing wrong with the debate on this thread.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2014, 11:04:13 pm »
Bundy is now going to be a poster child for the Tea Party and all conservatives.  His comments are bizarre.  Has he been holed up on that Nevada ranch of his reading nothing but "Gone With the Wind" all these years?  It's unfortunate, especially since most of us are Republicans who are proud of our abolitionist roots.  We support a society that is truly COLOR BLIND.  Relics like Bundy are as much a threat to that goal as Sotomayer is, because they legitimize her contention that the country is essentially racist.  We on the right have to be squeaky clean on this issue even as the left engages in separatism and race-baiting.  And so Bundy has to be exorcised forthwith in the strongest possible way.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2014, 11:05:32 pm »
There's nothing wrong with the debate on this thread.

I agree...not saying there is....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2014, 11:05:45 pm »
Settle down everyone....take a breather....

I have taken a breather for the past few weeks. I'm still not smoking and I have also FIRED Government Motors (sold my Chevy Silverado after the second door handle fell off while opening the door) and bought a nice shiny Ford Taurus Limited!

WOO HOO!

The BLM does NOT want to come to TEXAS with their cheap civilian sh*t, is all that I will say on this matter.

MOLON LABE.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2014, 11:07:10 pm »
What in hell did Bundy's comments have to do with his issue with the government?

He's loving his 15 minutes of fame with the cameras in his face and he wants to show everybody what a sage he is.  And in the course of spouting off he blows all the goodwill he had.

We've seen this guy's type before.  The guy who has an opinion on everything and makes sure everybody within earshot hears it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2014, 11:07:25 pm »
Wait a minute now.

BUNDY played the race card.

HE brought race unto the debate, and HE stands by his words.

The left didn't play the race card here.

BUNDY played it, and now he's getting his ass kicked for doing so.
did he ask the question about race or did  the reporter
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2014, 11:14:59 pm »

What difference does that make? 

The fool jumped offside , thinking the world wanted to hear his opinion on Negroes and pickin' cotton. And then, like the neanderthal he is, he doubled down on his stupidity today by reiterating what he said.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2014, 11:19:14 pm »

I would say that at this point none of that matters.

Bundy is now being painted as a RACIST and that FACT alone is plenty of justification for Harry Reid's threats against a private citizen to be brought to fruition.

Can you say "DEAD MAN WALKING"?
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2014, 11:23:49 pm »
What difference does that make? 

The fool jumped offside , thinking the world wanted to hear his opinion on Negroes and pickin' cotton. And then, like the neanderthal he is, he doubled down on his stupidity today by reiterating what he said.
and the issue is still about government abuse of power

bundy just said ,very poorly its  true something to the effect that blacks are no better off under the welfare state then antebellum slavery , I have thought that my self  and I wanted Allen West  to be president
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Howie66

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2014, 11:29:45 pm »

bundy just said ,very poorly its  true something to the effect that blacks are no better off under the welfare state then antebellum slavery , I have thought that my self  and I wanted Allen West  to be president

The last time that I checked, Cliven Bundy is STILL  a PRIVATE CITIZEN of these United States of America and has a right to express his opinion on any matter that he deems fit. If somebody has a problem with that, then I believe that is their personal problem.

Offline happyg

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2014, 11:29:50 pm »

Allen West has said the same thing as Bundy, but more fluently. Defending himself, Bundy said this:
In response to a question from Jones about whether he would support a black farmer in a similar situation, Bundy explained to Jones that "there's a black man right in my front yard, right now, in the militia, and he has been protecting my family, he's been coming to my home, eating my -- eating with me and eating with my family, mingling back and forth through my house, day and night and I can't see anything different about him than any of the other boys that's coming in and out of here."

He added, "We love him and respect him the same as we do anyone else. I think he feels as comfortable as anybody else, that's really the way we're supposed to feel about each other."

That is not a racist, but someone who isn't used to speaking in public. He could not relate accurately what was in his heart. I don't get all the hub-bub surrounding this comments.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2014, 11:33:48 pm »
That is not a racist, but someone who isn't used to speaking in public. He could not relate accurately what was in his heart. I don't get all the hub-bub surrounding this comments.

That's what it boils down to...the man is inarticulate and not used to public speaking or expressing his point of view...
Support the USO

Offline LambChop

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2014, 11:35:09 pm »

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/robert-farago/incendiary-image-of-the-day-bureau-of-land-management-sharpshooters-edition/

I may have limited knowledge of snipers, but I don't think this looks like what snipers should look like.   I don't see any weapons in this photo.
And don't snipers do a much better job of concealing their positions?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2014, 11:49:08 pm »

If you believe that blacks are no better off today than they were under slavery, WHEN THEY WERE OWNED BY OTHER HUMAN BEINGS, you know nothing about slavery.

Alan West couldn't even win re-election to Congress.  Fat chance he could be elected President.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2014, 11:59:51 pm »
The last time that I checked, Cliven Bundy is STILL  a PRIVATE CITIZEN of these United States of America and has a right to express his opinion on any matter that he deems fit. If somebody has a problem with that, then I believe that is their personal problem.

I completely agree with that!

I personally will never defend slavery and am quite sure Cliven Bundy could have said what he was trying to say much better than he did. Having said that, he IS free to say whatever he wishes about anything he wishes and suffer the consequences of doing so.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2014, 12:00:55 am »
Bundy is now going to be a poster child for the Tea Party and all conservatives.  His comments are bizarre.  Has he been holed up on that Nevada ranch of his reading nothing but "Gone With the Wind" all these years?  It's unfortunate, especially since most of us are Republicans who are proud of our abolitionist roots.  We support a society that is truly COLOR BLIND.  Relics like Bundy are as much a threat to that goal as Sotomayer is, because they legitimize her contention that the country is essentially racist.  We on the right have to be squeaky clean on this issue even as the left engages in separatism and race-baiting.  And so Bundy has to be exorcised forthwith in the strongest possible way.

Spot on.

The damage that Bundy is doing to conservatism is nearly unfathomable.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2014, 12:03:37 am »

Don't spin for Bundy. We detest Jay Carney for doing it for Obama, so us doing it is hypocritical.

Bundy said what he said. I heard it, as did everyone else, and very few of us require translation services.