Author Topic: GOP Scrambles to Condemn Rancher's Remarks on Race  (Read 3800 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: GOP Scrambles to Condemn Rancher's Remarks on Race
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2014, 06:36:09 pm »
It's not wrong. The rancher is just an activist, while sinkspur supports politicians like Bush who hurt our cause. sinkspur said that the rancher is doing wonders with his words. Look at Jeb and W's words.

Sorry.  You're wrong.

Cliven Bundy obviously thinks slavery was preferable to the welfare state.

As evil as the welfare state is, his words are INSANE.

There is NO parallel with anyone named Bush, or any other Republican presidential candidate.

No matter how much you don't like them.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2014, 06:38:05 pm »
Making a hero out of the rancher.

You need to speak in complete sentences.

As it stands, you're not communicating very well.

Explain yourself in complete thoughts, please.  You might have some kind of a point, but so far, it's hard to find one.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline happyg

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2014, 06:45:53 pm »
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:19:16 pm by happyg »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2014, 06:54:18 pm »
You Republican establishment members are falling for the left trying to change the topic to the rancher's comments on race instead of the government overstepping.

I'm not falling for it.  But, even though Bundy IS a neanderthal, neanderthal's need protection from the government, too.

Why you decided to drag Jeb and George W. Bush into the discussion is what puzzles me.  Can you point to any openly racist remarks they ever made?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2014, 07:50:37 pm »
Is this kindergarten?  People are not all good or all evil.  Even Hitler played a kick ass harp.  Blues harp.  As in harmonica.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2014, 08:19:49 pm »
So Cliven Bundy is a racist.

That has nothing to do with the issues at hand in this dispute. The only way it would have anything is if he didn't mean it; that would mean he's prone to making outrageous statements he knows are not true, which does hurt his credibility in general.

Bundy has opened himself (and many others) up to a classic character-assassination/distraction campaign. Todd Akin would be proud.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2014, 08:28:27 pm »
You see the squalor of government warehousing and cheese?  These people are no better off.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2014, 09:06:00 pm »
You see the squalor of government warehousing and cheese?  These people are no better off.

Nonsense.  They can get out of the squalor if they so choose.  They could not escape slavery.

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2014, 09:18:36 pm »
Nonsense.  They can get out of the squalor if they so choose.  They could not escape slavery.

I'm not sure if that's correct.  From recent things I've read, SOME slaves were able to use skills to buy themselves out of slavery.  There were also a great number of Irish slaves in America.
Much of American slavery was flim-flammed by "Uncle Tom's Cabin".  There were more slave families keep together than sold apart.  Just the concept of "slave families" is a unique concept in the world at the time.
There is this concept of willful ignorance among Americans.  If they don't teach it in school, people don't take a moment to research.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2014, 09:28:14 pm »
I'm not sure if that's correct.  From recent things I've read, SOME slaves were able to use skills to buy themselves out of slavery.  There were also a great number of Irish slaves in America.
Much of American slavery was flim-flammed by "Uncle Tom's Cabin".  There were more slave families keep together than sold apart.  Just the concept of "slave families" is a unique concept in the world at the time.
There is this concept of willful ignorance among Americans.  If they don't teach it in school, people don't take a moment to research.

Number one........I am not 'willfully ignorant.'

Number two.........Dred Scott decision.

Number three........Lincoln/Douglas debates.

Number four..........if ANY children were sold away from their homes, it is a travesty.

Number five..........indentured servitude is not slavery.

Number six...........Democrat history, both pre and post Civil War.

Sorry, onc.  You can't win an argument saying that slavery wasn't all that bad, and that owning another human being, no big deal.

You can't.

« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2014, 10:30:12 pm »
Number one........I am not 'willfully ignorant.'

Number two.........Dred Scott decision.

Number three........Lincoln/Douglas debates.

Number four..........if ANY children were sold away from their homes, it is a travesty.

Number five..........indentured servitude is not slavery.

Number six...........Democrat history, both pre and post Civil War.

Sorry, onc.  You can't win an argument saying that slavery wasn't all that bad, and that owning another human being, no big deal.

You can't.

I wasn't calling you willfully ignorant.

This is the second time in less than a week something like this has happened.  If I thought you were being willfully ignorant, I would have said you were willfully ignorant.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2014, 01:01:28 am »
I wasn't calling you willfully ignorant.

This is the second time in less than a week something like this has happened.  If I thought you were being willfully ignorant, I would have said you were willfully ignorant.

Sorry about that.  I thought it was implied in your first post.

Any comments about the reality of the evil of slavery?

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2014, 01:04:02 am »
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/gop-scrambles-condemn-ranchers-remarks-race-n88556

GOP Scrambles to Condemn Rancher's Remarks on Race
By Carrie Dann

Offering words of encouragement for a rancher leading an armed standoff against federal rangers turns out to be not so great of a political move – especially when the rancher in question muses publicly about the benefits of slavery.

Republicans – including possible 2016 candidate Rand Paul -- are scrambling to distance themselves from defiant Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy after he made startling comments about slavery and African-Americans in a New York Times article published Wednesday night.

From the Times’ Adam Nagourney:

Bundy had previously drawn support from some GOP lawmakers for his clash with the Bureau of Land Management.

After Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called Bundy and his allies “domestic violent terrorist wannabes,” fellow Sen. Dean Heller countered last week that they are “patriots.” Paul urged Reid to “calm the rhetoric” and criticized the federal government for what he described as an intimidating presence during the standoff. “The federal government shouldn’t violate the law, nor should we have 48 federal agencies carrying weapons and having SWAT teams,” he told a Kentucky radio station.

In statements after Bundy’s remarks, both Paul and Heller condemned his comments.

"His remarks on race are offensive and I wholeheartedly disagree with him,” said Paul.

And a spokesman for Heller told the Times that the senator “completely disagrees with Mr. Bundy’s appalling and racist statements, and condemns them in the most strenuous way.”

First published April 24th 2014, 8:18 am

Screw the GOP Cowards. I have had my fill with these unprincipled spineless wimps. They really make me ill.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2014, 01:07:23 am »
 :th_10444:

Screw the GOP Cowards. I have had my fill with these unprincipled spineless wimps. They really make me ill.

Keyboard warriors can say that.  Those in the public square have to be more circumspect.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2014, 01:09:21 am »

Spot on!!

:beer:

They, and their supporters, are a vile and disgusting lot.