Author Topic: Michelle Obama: Average American doesn't 'know much about the military' By Paul Bedard  (Read 1166 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/michelle-obama-average-american-doesnt-know-much-about-the-military/article/2547632

Michelle Obama: Average American doesn't 'know much about the military'
By Paul Bedard | APRIL 23, 2014 AT 8:42 PM

First lady Michelle Obama took her campaign to help veterans find jobs to Fort Campbell, Ky.., Wednesday where she said that most Americans don't know much about the military.

Following comments from Jill Biden, the vice president's wife and Obama's teammate in helping veterans, she noted that unlike Biden, she had little familiarity with the military prior to campaigning for the White House in 2008.

“Unlike Jill, I wasn't a military mom. I wasn't a Blue Star family member. I didn't know much about the military, and I was probably more like the average American,” said Obama.

She added that 99 percent of the nation takes the military’s service for granted. “Because when one percent of the country is serving and protecting the freedoms of the other 99 percent, it’s very easy for the other 99 percent to take that for granted.”

When she did come into contact with military families and the hardships they face, the first lady said that she was “blown away.”

“I first was exposed to the military community on the campaign trail. I remember that we would do these gatherings with moms, women — mostly working women — because I wanted to hear through — for my husband what were some of the challenges of working women out there. And everywhere we went, I heard the voice of a woman that I hadn’t heard before, and it was your voice. And I was just awed and blown away by what I heard through those voices, the challenges you all face,” she said.

But, she added, life on the campaign trail felt like military life. “Dealing with everything that I was dealing with — a spouse traveling, a job, kids — we didn’t deal with multiple moves, but I learned about the challenges that happen when you move from base to base to base; the way your kids have to adjust on a dime. And doing it knowing that the person you love is in harm’s way. And those stories moved me in a way that I didn’t expect.”

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

life on the campaign trail felt like military life.

:nometalk:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

life on the campaign trail felt like military life.

:nometalk:

She clearly doesn't care if all of America knows she's a selfish idiot.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
Michelle Obama: Average American doesn't 'know much about the military'

. . . which is nice because neither does the president.  "Corpse-man", anyone?
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
. . . which is nice because neither does the president.  "Corpse-man", anyone?

Oh, Obama knows about the military alright. He just doesn't give a shit.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline happyg

“I first was exposed to the military community on the campaign trail.

Most of us were first exposed to the military community as children. As teens, many of us lost school friends and relatives in Vietnam. My mother, sisters and I would pack dozens of boxes every month for soldiers. And, it continues to this day. She is the one who has no clue, but is merely giving lip service about something she knows nothing about, nor does she even care.

Offline mountaineer

She clearly doesn't care if all of America knows she's a selfish idiot.......
"And, like military families, I know all too well what it's like when you can't get the caviar you want - really, they expect me to eat cheese and crackers!?!? -  or when the Ritz Carlton is completely booked and you have to settle for a Hilton ..."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline evadR

A truly disingenuous wench of the first order.
I think every person should devote two years of service to their country starting at age 18.
Mooch: You can start with those two little darlings of yours.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline flowers

I will not post what I am really thinking.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:17:25 pm by flowers »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
My mother, sisters and I would pack dozens of boxes every month for soldiers. And, it continues to this day.

Yeah - about those boxes?

Thank you!

You have no real idea how much they are appreciated. Getting one is like being a 4 year old on Christmas morning all over again. The goodies were appreciated, but the ones with a letter included were totally treasured.
Couple of guys in my old unit still regularly write to the kids who packed the ones they received.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Oh, Obama knows about the military alright. He just doesn't give a shit.

And that's a fact!......I hate these two with a passion!!!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline musiclady

What makes it even worse is that they try to conceal their disdain for the military with this faux support.

They are despicable human beings.  BOTH of them.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

I try not to hate - it's bad for the digestion - but they do make it damned hard not to.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
What makes it even worse is that they try to conceal their disdain for the military with this faux support.

They are despicable human beings.  BOTH of them.

Hey, you take what you can get. It's faux support, but she's high enough profile to actually make better people take notice of what is going on to veterans.

Offline happyg

Yeah - about those boxes?

Thank you!

You have no real idea how much they are appreciated. Getting one is like being a 4 year old on Christmas morning all over again. The goodies were appreciated, but the ones with a letter included were totally treasured.
Couple of guys in my old unit still regularly write to the kids who packed the ones they received.

Mom was president of the local VFW auxiliary, and recruited all seven of her daughters to help. In June, 1970, she gave all of us the oath, and we joined the same day. Dad was the commander at the time, too, so it was a family thing. I remember her baking dozens of zucchini breads every month, and putting them in coffee cans, using popcorn as padding.

My parents were popular with returning veterans. If you recall, the VFW refused regular membership to Vietnam vets back then, because they considered the war a 'conflict'. They were allowed a social membership, and Dad fought for full membership. He was mad as hell, and worked almost constantly to give them full status.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
On a side note...is it not ironic that Obammy is making his own tour of the Far East while Moose just got back from hers??

Haven't seen these two together much lately, have we...??

:smokin:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
You have awesome parents.  :beer:

The using popcorn for packing was a touch of genius! And the coffee cans would be massively appreciated too - they have like a million uses! We would hoard them. Drop a packet of silica gel in the bottom of them (obtained from ammo boxes) and you had a bug proof, water proof storage container that fits neatly in your kit. Used to keep letters in mine. Still got it on my desk - holds pens and pencils now  :laugh:

I recall hearing about the squabble over whether Vietnam was an actual war or a police action. Always seemed stupid to me. Same thing happened after Korea. So good on your Dad!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
From the Easter Egg Roll at the White House

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Found this also...notice Michelle

Flanked by President Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama and the Easter Bunny, a beaming 12-year-old Cam Antony — already a YouTube singing sensation — gave a soulful rendition of the “Star Spangled Banner.”
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I try not to hate - it's bad for the digestion - but they do make it damned hard not to.

Oh I HATE them even if that means I have to take an extra Prilosec.
Support the USO

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Oh I HATE them even if that means I have to take an extra Prilosec.

I can live with that.  :patriot: :patriot:

Offline flowers

Found this also...notice Michelle

Flanked by President Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama and the Easter Bunny, a beaming 12-year-old Cam Antony — already a YouTube singing sensation — gave a soulful rendition of the “Star Spangled Banner.”
do you have a link to this photo please?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO