Author Topic: Ambassador Kennedy pledges to endorse Clinton 'if she runs'  (Read 345 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ambassador Kennedy pledges to endorse Clinton 'if she runs'
« on: April 24, 2014, 02:33:23 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/204255-ambassador-kennedy-pledges-to-endorse-clinton

April 24, 2014, 08:56 am
Ambassador Kennedy pledges to endorse Clinton 'if she runs'

By Justin Sink

U.S. Ambassador to Japan Caroline Kennedy said Thursday she would “absolutely” endorse former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, “if she runs” for president.

“I know it sounds like a cliché, but two years is a really long time in politics,” the daughter of President John F. Kennedy said in an interview with ABC News. “I’m sure she’s looking forward to being a grandmother; I know she’s got to decide soon. So, so you know, I hope so.”

In 2008, Kennedy made waves when she endorsed President Obama over Clinton in a New York Times op-ed entitled “A President Like My Father.”

"I have never had a president who inspired me the way people tell me that my father inspired them,” she wrote. “But for the first time, I believe I have found the man who could be that president — not just for me, but for a new generation of Americans."

On Thursday, Kennedy said Obama had lived up to that promise.

“I think he’s been a great president,” Kennedy said. “And I think that this rebalanced Asia is a really good example of somebody who’s taking the long view, advancing the United States' interest.”

Kennedy has accompanied the president for much of his trip through Japan this week, the first stop on a tour of Asia.

In a separate interview with CBS News, Kennedy said that despite some differences on key policy issues, that “overall the U.S.-Japan alliance is very strong.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34