Author Topic: Recognizing danger, GOP engages with Democrats in battle for women voters  (Read 208 times)

Offline happyg

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:24:06 PM by happyg »

Offline evadR²

In 2012, 53 percent of voters were female, and they voted for President Obama over Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney by a margin of 55 percent to 44 percent, a significant victory that included a whopping 67 percent to 31 percent margin among single women. Romney won married women 53 percent to 46 percent, and white women 56 percent to 42 percent.

Every election the black female and the single female vote sends us down the toilet. It doesn't give the % for blacks but I'll wager it's well over 95%. Since both groups are a "what's in it for me" mentality, I don't see that changing.

The GOP should concentrate on increasing its percentages in the married female category.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline olde north church

Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline evadR²

In 2012, 53 percent of voters were female, and they voted for President Obama over Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney by a margin of 55 percent to 44 percent, a significant victory that included a whopping 67 percent to 31 percent margin among single women. Romney won married women 53 percent to 46 percent, and white women 56 percent to 42 percent.

Every election the black female and the single female vote sends us down the toilet. It doesn't give the % for blacks but I'll wager it's well over 95%. Since both groups are a "what's in it for me" mentality, I don't see that changing.

The GOP should concentrate on increasing its percentages in the married female category.

Point 2 is why I have "evolved" on the abortion issue.  I understand it's the "Broken Clock Theory" but sometimes it works.

I understand.
While I personally abhor abortion in 99.9% of all cases, I'm not going to lose an election over it.
It is not possible for me to find a candidate who passes the litmus test of agreeing with me on all issues.
There are no more Reagans.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf