Author Topic: Rick Perry on 'Come & Take It' Dare to Feds: 'It's Not a Dare, It's a Promise'  (Read 1363 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/04/23/rick-perry-come-take-it-dare-feds-its-not-dare-its-promise

GOV PERRY ON AG ABBOTT’S “COME AND TAKE IT” DARE TO THE FEDS

16:01:39 It's not a dare, it's a promise that we're going to stand up for private property  rights in the state of Texas.  I don't have a problem in the world with Attorney General Abbott's words here.  The key on this from my standpoint is the federal  government already owns too much  land.

We ought to be having a conversation in this country about how can the federal  government divest itself of a huge amount of this land holdings it has across the country rather than looking for ways to come in and take over private property that's been in the people's land --   16:02:13

GOV PERRY ON SEN REID’S “DOMESTIC TERRORISTS” CLAIM

16:03:13 I would suggest that Senator Reid spend a little more time in Nevada and get out of  Washington, D.C. And visit with those people that he's  disparaging.  I think that's very unfortunate language, and frankly, not something that you would want a leader in America saying about the citizens of this country.  16:03:21

GOV PERRY ON BLM’S “LAND GRAB”

16:03:41 I have a problem with the federal government putting  citizens in the position of  having to feel like they have to  use force to deal with their own government.  That's the bigger issue.

That's the reason I think that  the bureau of land management  needs to be careful about coming
  to whether it's Nevada or Texas or Oklahoma or whatever state it might be, and acting like 
  private property is something  that they control… 16:04:10

GOV PERRY REACTS TO JEB BUSH’S IMMIGRATION COMMENTS

16:08:53 Varney: Is it an act of love when someone comes across that border to feed their family?

Gov Perry: For 40 years, we've sent the message that, come on over, it's  okay, don't worry about breaking  the law.  Then the rules get changed, and  we have drug cartels.

Varney: So you have some sympathy to jeb bush's position?

Gov Perry: I totally understand about people breaking a law to take  care of their family.  Particularly when the country  whose law you're breaking has for 40 years said come on over,  don't worry about it.  16:09:33

GOV PERRY ON 2016 RUN

16:10:05 Varney: have you thought seriously about running again for the   presidency?

Gov Perry: Absolutely.   I've given it serious  consideration.   It is an option that in 2015 we'll make.  16:10:16

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Funny, actually.

Here we have Governor Rick Perry taking essentially the same position as rancher Bundy. 

'We've enjoyed the use of these lands since the Land Rush, Davey Crockett and the Alamo!  WTF is your hurry and sudden interest in physically taking possession after all these hundreds of years?  GFY!'

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Funny, actually.

Here we have Governor Rick Perry taking essentially the same position as rancher Bundy. 

'We've enjoyed the use of these lands since the Land Rush, Davey Crockett and the Alamo!  WTF is your hurry and sudden interest in physically taking possession after all these hundreds of years?  GFY!'

This Bundy thing is shaping up to be another one of those Terri Schiavo moments for me.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Oceander

Funny, actually.

"Funny" is one way to put it.  A reason to reconsider him as presidential timber is another way to put it.

Offline sinkspur

"Funny" is one way to put it.  A reason to reconsider him as presidential timber is another way to put it.

Depends on how this plays out.  Bundy is clearly in the wrong, but marshalling up a swarm of 200 federal agents, all armed to the teeth, to go after one old man looks like overkill to 90% of Americans.  Harry Reid's buddy who now runs BLM screwed up his first major test.  Now the BLM is on defense and the antennae of lots of people are up when the BLM decides to show up somewhere.

This is reminiscent of the massive firepower employed against David Koresh down in Waco, when the local sheriff said he could have taken him at any time when he came into town.

Federal agencies have their own paramilitary units now, and they tend to want to use them.  That should scare the hell out of everybody.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

Depends on how this plays out.  Bundy is clearly in the wrong, but marshalling up a swarm of 200 federal agents, all armed to the teeth, to go after one old man looks like overkill to 90% of Americans.  Harry Reid's buddy who now runs BLM screwed up his first major test.  Now the BLM is on defense and the antennae of lots of people are up when the BLM decides to show up somewhere.

This is reminiscent of the massive firepower employed against David Koresh down in Waco, when the local sheriff said he could have taken him at any time when he came into town.

Federal agencies have their own paramilitary units now, and they tend to want to use them.  That should scare the hell out of everybody.

I don't disagree, but a good leader should show enough discretion and good judgment to not tie himself too closely to actions that are clearly illegal.  In other words, one doesn't have to sound like Bundy in order to hammer the democrats for the fascist way they've been running the federal government as well as the neck-deep corruption of the democrat party leadership in Congress.

Online DCPatriot

Is a Governor of a State the size of Texas carrying through on his  "promise" to take on the BLM a reason to call for Martial Law?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Greg Abbott and Rick Perry are EXACTLY right on this and anyone who says otherwise just plain doesn't know what they are talking about!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Greg Abbott and Rick Perry are EXACTLY right on this and anyone who says otherwise just plain doesn't know what they are talking about!

The debate is over?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The debate is over?

If the words 'Private property" and "Rule of Law" have any meaning in this country anymore it is!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Just so I get this right.

Rick Perry rejects the idea of the Federal government enforcing Federal laws and embraces the breaking of Federal laws by illegal aliens.

Rick Perry wants to be President.

Isn't that President we have in the White House now?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Rick Perry rejects the idea of the Federal government enforcing Federal laws and embraces the breaking of Federal laws by illegal aliens.

What the hell you are talking about I have NO earthly idea!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
What the hell you are talking about I have NO earthly idea!

He sided with Cliven Bundy, something not even Nevada's Republican Governor or the conservative board of Directors of the Nevada Cattleman's Association has done, and he thinks that entering and remaining in the land illegally is an act of love.

I'm not seeing a dime's worth of difference between Perry, and Obama... from Barry's mother's side of the family obviously.

Online DCPatriot

He sided with Cliven Bundy, something not even Nevada's Republican Governor or the conservative board of Directors of the Nevada Cattleman's Association has done, and he thinks that entering and remaining in the land illegally is an act of love.

I'm not seeing a dime's worth of difference between Perry, and Obama... from Barry's mother's side of the family obviously.

At least Rick Perry is an unabashed Capitalist!   Exactly what this country needs.   It'll be like taking a shower after wading in pig sh*t for 8 years.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Well I side with Cliven Bundy as well so, by extension, I suppose that means you can't tell the difference between me and Obama either!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

Well I side with Cliven Bundy as well so, by extension, I suppose that means you can't tell the difference between me and Obama either!

What we're obviously not 'seeing' here is that Rick Perry has drawn HIS red line.

If he makes good on it, the American voter will eat it up.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

About right.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

To a degree.

I've presented reams of legal and Constitutional evidence showing why Bundy is dead wrong.

Breitbart's Big Government, while sympathizing with Bundy himself, and agreeing that the Feds overplayed their hand, acknowledges that Bundy is dead wrong and doesn't have a legal leg to stand on.

Nevada's Republican governor protested the practice of setting up those obviously unconstitutional "First Amendment Zones" but did not make one statement agreeing with Bundy's position.

Demar Dahl, conservative activist and member of the Board of Directors of the Nevada Cattleman's Association and part of a task force working to transfer control of large swaths of Federally-controlled lands to the States, personally told Bundy that he was wrong in his claim, and suggested that he change his argument that the Federal government did not own those lands, because it was wrong, and the Federal government does own that land.

The online conservative publication The Federalist writes:

The New American argues that Nevada has rights to the land via Pollard’s Lessee v. Hagan, which said Alabama was entitled to sovereignty over all lands she possessed “before she ceded it to the United States.” In the same way, argues author Joe A. Wolverton, Nevada “owns the land where Cliven Bundy’s cattle fed, and Bundy — who has preemptive rights for his cattle to feed there — has faithfully and fully paid that landlord the rent he owed it.” According to BizPacReview, Bundy has been arguing the exact opposite of Wolverton’s suggested case: “According to the ranchers’ argument, the federal government ‘owned’ or controlled every territory before it became a state, but once statehood was reached, the land became the property of the new state.”

So which is it? Does the government have a prior claim to the Nevada territory? Or, as Bundy argues, did that land revert to Nevada when it became a state in 1864?

Unfortunately, the federal government owned Nevada territory before it became a state, via the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, which was signed at the end of the Mexican-American war in 1848.

So, if the Constitution of both the State of Nevada and the United States establish that Bundy is wrong, and conservatives working to transfer lands from Federal ownership to State ownership acknowledge that Bundy is wrong, and Conservative publications strictly dedicated to the idea of Federalism (States rights) agree that Bundy is wrong, then all those who still support Bundy are basing their support on errors, emotions, and lack (or willful ignorance) of the facts of the case.

They just want to follow Bundy and fight the other side, and that makes them no different than Obama's blind followers. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 06:06:44 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
About right.

That's what I thought.

It IS a novel idea however.

A guy who is willing to beat his chest in public and openly disrespect the structure and authority of the Federal government, is going to try and make the argument that he is the individual best suited to run the Federal government. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The New American argues that Nevada has rights to the land via Pollard’s Lessee v. Hagan, which said Alabama was entitled to sovereignty over all lands she possessed “before she ceded it to the United States.” In the same way, argues author Joe A. Wolverton, Nevada “owns the land where Cliven Bundy’s cattle fed, and Bundy — who has preemptive rights for his cattle to feed there — has faithfully and fully paid that landlord the rent he owed it.” According to BizPacReview, Bundy has been arguing the exact opposite of Wolverton’s suggested case: “According to the ranchers’ argument, the federal government ‘owned’ or controlled every territory before it became a state, but once statehood was reached, the land became the property of the new state.”

So which is it? Does the government have a prior claim to the Nevada territory? Or, as Bundy argues, did that land revert to Nevada when it became a state in 1864?

Unfortunately, the federal government owned Nevada territory before it became a state, via the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, which was signed at the end of the Mexican-American war in 1848.

And so were every square inch of every state formed from land acquired via the Louisiana Purchase owned by the federal government before they became states yet there is little federal land in any of those states today. Are all states created equal or are some states created more equal than others?

The Texas situation is an entirely different matter.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:33:18 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
And so were every square inch of every state formed from land acquired via the Louisiana Purchase owned by the federal government before they became states yet there is little federal land in any of those states today. Are all states created equal or are some states created more equal than others?

The Texas situation is an entirely different matter.

Do you believe in State's rights or not?

Because if you do, then you have to believe in the right of the state of Nevada to write their constitution the way they wrote their constitution.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:56:00 pm by Luis Gonzalez »