Author Topic: Michelle Obama: Obama Family Sundays Are More For Napping Than Church  (Read 620 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/04/22/michelle-obama-obama-family-sundays-are-more-napping-church

Michelle Obama: Obama Family Sundays Are More For Napping Than Church

By Cheryl K. Chumley, The Washington Times

First lady Michelle Obama told “LIVE with Kelly and Michael” co-hosts Michael Strahan and Kelly Ripa that Sundays for the first family have become more about napping, downtime and family time than about church or godly worship.

She made the comments in response to a question from the co-hosts during the Easter Egg Roll at the White House, when they asked for a description of a typical Obama family Sunday, Breitbart reported.

Mrs. Obama said: “We try to go to church as much as possible, but when the kids get older, you know, Sunday is some kind of practice, rehearsal, birthday party, you know. So getting us all together on a Sunday is becoming more difficult now that the girls are getting older. But if we’re not going to church, we really try to use Sunday as family downtime where we can kind of breathe and catch up and maybe take a little nap every now and then if we’re not working.”

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Michelle Obama: Obama Family Sundays Are More For Napping Than Church
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 02:10:54 pm »
We try to go to church as much as possible
And seriously, Michael and Kelly, don't you agree that twice a year is more than enough to have to go through that charade?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 05:34:19 pm »
And seriously, Michael and Kelly, don't you agree that twice a year is more than enough to have to go through that charade?

Nailed it.

I don't think they've been to church 10 times since Obama was elected.

They barely even try to make a show of it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 06:00:50 pm »
None of us believe a President can attend Church most Sunday’s. It would be impossible for their schedules to allow it and the security measures needed have to be taken into account. But where they place Christianity in their lives has been most telling. Using the excuse that Sunday’s is our down-time and a time to nap reveals where they place their Faith, and it’s not in the center of their lives.  And if the excuse is he doesn’t have time, then I would have to ask how many times has he played golf?  Church is maybe 90 min, Golf maybe 4 to 5 hours.

This from a Dec 2013 story
Obama, a professing Christian, has gone to church 18 times since January 2009 when he was inaugurated as president, according to Mark Knoller of CBS News, who is an unofficial White House historian. The number becomes more telling when compared with that of his predecessor, George W. Bush, who attended church service 120 times during his eight years in office.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 09:12:58 pm »
None of us believe a President can attend Church most Sunday’s. It would be impossible for their schedules to allow it and the security measures needed have to be taken into account. But where they place Christianity in their lives has been most telling. Using the excuse that Sunday’s is our down-time and a time to nap reveals where they place their Faith, and it’s not in the center of their lives.  And if the excuse is he doesn’t have time, then I would have to ask how many times has he played golf?  Church is maybe 90 min, Golf maybe 4 to 5 hours.

This from a Dec 2013 story
Obama, a professing Christian, has gone to church 18 times since January 2009 when he was inaugurated as president, according to Mark Knoller of CBS News, who is an unofficial White House historian. The number becomes more telling when compared with that of his predecessor, George W. Bush, who attended church service 120 times during his eight years in office.

Does that 120 number include the services President Bush attended at Camp David?   They were in the chapel there, and I wonder if those services were considered 'going to church.'

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 12:07:43 am »
Does that 120 number include the services President Bush attended at Camp David?   They were in the chapel there, and I wonder if those services were considered 'going to church.'

What does it matter?  Obama goes to Camp David too.  Only difference he goes golfing Sunday morning.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 12:21:44 am »
I cannot imagine any other First Lady every uttering such a thing......

.....and she wants to get paid for it, too!     :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 01:31:45 am »
I cannot imagine any other First Lady every uttering such a thing......
That's the bottom line for me - this woman has no sense, no tact and no class. Why admit such a thing except to thumb her nose at Christian America? Why did she tell a reporter that her daughters complain that their dad stinks? Why does she make snide little digs at her husband? It's not just that he's her husband, he's the president. Apparently, neither one of them has any respect for the office.   :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 02:01:11 am »
What does it matter?  Obama goes to Camp David too.  Only difference he goes golfing Sunday morning.

I was just curious.

The disparity would be even greater if the number you posted (120) didn't include many, many weekends at Camp David when President and Mrs. Bush went to chapel.

They were also photographed many times going to a small church near the WH (its name escapes me, but I think it might have been Episcopalian?)

Anyway, no matter.

Bush is a Christian.  Obama is a lying piece of dirt, and his wife a classless moron.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 04:14:14 pm »
I don't think the religion of a politician should matter honestly. Being religious or not does not determine whether or not you can be a capable politician. Religious people can be immoral just the same as the non-religious can be immoral. I guarantee there are Republicans that are highly respected on the right that are secretly non-religious, and it in no way impedes their ability to be good Republicans. That said, I really don't think Obama is religious, and I find it silly that he tries to maintain his image as such.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 05:15:40 pm »
that's alright; her misbegotten excuse for a husband has been napping through his entire tenure as president, at least intellectually speaking.