Author Topic: Prof Calls Republicans Racist and Misogynist, Warns They Will Close Colleges  (Read 938 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/sarahjeanseman/2014/04/22/prof-calls-republicans-racist-and-misogynist-warns-they-will-close-colleges-n1827580

Prof Calls Republicans Racist and Misogynist, Warns They Will Close Colleges
Sarah Jean Seman | Apr 22, 2014

Imagine walking into a college class Monday morning and finding the professor ranting against those 'racist, misogynist, money-grubbing people' known as Republicans. Welcome to intro to creative writing at Eastern Connecticut State University (ECSU).

If the GOP takes control of the House and the Senate in 2014, Professor Brent Terry warned, ‘colleges will start closing up’ and America could very well revert back not to 1955, but to 1855:'

There are a lot of people out there that do not want black people to vote, do not want Latinos to vote. Do not want old people to vote, or young people to vote. Because generally, people like you are liberal.

You want equality. You want racial equality. You want financial equality. You want to be able to use your education and go out into the world and make it better, but you’d also like to be able to get a job. All these things point toward being liberal.

Never ever in the history of the United States has it been so important to vote….

It's absolutely possible that the Republicans will take over the Senate as well as the House. And we will live in a very, very, very different kind of country if that happens. I mean, colleges will start closing up if they, if these people have their way. They don't think money should go to giving you people dangerous ideas about how the world should be run.

The professor stated maybe one true fact: Republicans do have a very good chance of maintaining control of the House and additionally winning the Senate. Perhaps this one truth fueled the frenzy of lies embedded in the rest of his lecture.

Terry referenced a study conducted by Princeton and Northwestern universities which claimed that the United States has turned from a democracy to an oligarchy:

The central point that emerges from our research is that economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on U.S. government policy, while mass-based interest groups and average citizens have little or no independent influence.

Special interest groups lobby for both Democrat and Republican policies. The study even used the example of "pharmaceutical, hospital, insurance, and medical organizations" lobbying and spending money on health care issues. Rather than show all the facts accurately, the professor used the empirical data to target the GOP.

According to Campus Reform, an ECSU official said the issue is “not a university matter” since faculty have academic freedom to conduct their classes at will.

Fortunately for the future of America, at least one student identified the ignorant accusations being made and recorded the lecture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9yxBuN2Vg
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I mean, colleges will start closing up if they, if these people have their way. They don't think money should go to giving you people dangerous ideas about how the world should be run.
Hmm. Maybe he is onto something. Do we really need colleges in every county, especially state-funded colleges and universities?

Take, for example, the State University of New York. It has 64 colleges, many of them within 30 miles of each other. You can go to Geneseo in Livingston County, go one county north to Brockport, or one county south to Alfred State. In St. Lawrence County, the state has two colleges (Canton and Potsdam) in two tiny towns within bicycling distance of each other.

Do we really need that much duplicity?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

There is no more sanity among leftists.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

Hmm. Maybe he is onto something. Do we really need colleges in every county, especially state-funded colleges and universities?

Take, for example, the State University of New York. It has 64 colleges, many of them within 30 miles of each other. You can go to Geneseo in Livingston County, go one county north to Brockport, or one county south to Alfred State. In St. Lawrence County, the state has two colleges (Canton and Potsdam) in two tiny towns within bicycling distance of each other.

I agree. In my little impoverished state with its declining population of young people, we could get rid of two or three state institutions of higher ed and never miss a beat.

As for this idiot's railing against evil Republicans and all the things they'll do, I'm reminded of  the Japanese citizens on Okinawa committing  suicide to avoid the terrible things they were convinced American soldiers would do to them.  Perhaps little skulls full of mush on our college campuses will do the same after the November elections. Oh no, the Republicans have taken control of Congress, we're all gonna die!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

:nometalk:  (Professor at State University must heed ancient proverb: Do not poop where you eat.)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I'm reminded of  the Japanese citizens on Okinawa committing  suicide to avoid the terrible things they were convinced American soldiers would do to them.

I've known liberals, conservatives and everything in between my entire life. None of these people are inherently evil, and all of them believe they are standing up for what is right and what is in the best interests of their families. Fear mongering of this kind is used to control people on both sides of the fence. Most liberals think conservatives are the most vile and immoral people imaginable, and most conservatives feel the exact same way about liberals. People that disagree with us should not automatically be vile and disgusting monsters. Our totalitarian government relies on the fear mongering that fuels their divide and conquer tactics. The people need to unite against the real monsters, bought off politicians that care about nothing but serving their own best interests and the interests of the big money that fills their pockets.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:20:15 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I've known liberals, conservatives and everything in between my entire life. None of these people are inherently evil....

The people themselves may or may not be evil, but the ideology they espouse is, and the actions prescribed by that ideology are.  I could say the same about criminals.  Many of them are non-evil people who have done evil things.  Ultimately, I must judge based on what they do, not what is in their hearts.

Liberals count on others judging their intentions rather than their actions. 

Offline musiclady

The people themselves may or may not be evil, but the ideology they espouse is, and the actions prescribed by that ideology are.  I could say the same about criminals.  Many of them are non-evil people who have done evil things.  Ultimately, I must judge based on what they do, not what is in their hearts.

That's a really important point to make, mass.

Liberals continue to consider intentions and words more important than negative results or even behavior.

One good example is what has happened to the black community under liberal "good" intentions.  The family has been decimated, crime has soared, and helplessness grown exponentially...........not to mention poverty.

And yet they continue to tout their intentions, and attack anyone who sees through them has being uncaring.

But I'm going to go a step farther with many on the left, and say that I don't believe they DO think they're doing what's right.  For example, I don't think those who espouse killing infants are under any illusion that it is a 'good' thing.  I believe that they know it is evil, and believe it anyway, because they, themselves are evil.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:27:18 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
But I'm going to go a step farther with many on the left, and say that I don't believe they DO think they're doing what's right.  For example, I don't think those who espouse killing infants are under any illusion that it is a 'good' thing.  I believe that they know it is evil, and believe it anyway, because they, themselves are evil.

People that oppose abortion oppose it because they feel even the earliest forms of life should be protected and given the opportunity to grow. Many of them feel the unborn child has a soul, and that you're murdering an innocent child and even interfering with God's plan. People that support abortion disagree with the idea that an unborn child has rights/thoughts/feelings and argue that it is little more than a handful of cells that have not actually become a person yet. They believe the wishes of the mother who is an already born person with rights should take precedence over the safety of the unborn child. I don't think they know or believe it is evil, because I don't believe people would naturally support something that they know is evil. They simply see it very differently.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:43:10 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Lando Lincoln

Perfectly stated mass...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

People that oppose abortion oppose it because they feel even the earliest forms of life should be protected and given the opportunity to grow. Many of them feel the unborn child has a soul, and that you're murdering an innocent child and even interfering with God's plan. People that support abortion disagree with the idea that an unborn child has rights/thoughts/feelings and argue that it is little more than a handful of cells that have not actually become a person yet. They believe the wishes of the mother who is an already born person with rights should take precedence over the safety of the unborn child. I don't think they know or believe it is evil, because I don't believe people would naturally support something that they know is evil. They simply see it very differently.

I was referring to those on the left (like Barack Obama) who believe in killing live-born infants.  They know it is evil, but support it anyway.

I agree that there are those who are pitifully ignorant who don't understand that an unborn child is human............though how they have continued to avoid all the information available to prove that it is, indeed, human, escapes me............ but there are a number on the left who believe in infanticide.  (Those who don't have a problem with what Gosnell did in his 'clinic.')

The whole thing about women's "rights" has been a crock from the beginning.  It's never been about the "right to choose" or control over her own "body."

Those are lies which those on the left foisted on a woefully ignorant American public, but have been uncovered by technology.

Offline PzLdr

Considering what the clleges are turning out, not a bad idea.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee