Author Topic: Candidate Says Iraq War Veteran Opponent Not Up for a 'Real Job’  (Read 384 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/04/22/Dem-Candidate-Says-Iraqi-War-Vet-Opponent-Not-Up-for-Real-Job

Candidate Says Iraq War Veteran Opponent Not Up for a 'Real Job’
by Elizabeth Sheld 22 Apr 2014, 5:12 AM PDT

Maryland's Attorney General Douglas Gansler accused his opponent, Iraqi war vet and Lt. Governor Anthony Brown, of not being capable of a 'real job'. Gansler and Brown are both fighting over the democrat nomination for Governor in Maryland, so this is a case of democrat on democrat violence.

Gansler was speaking at a Tech Council of Maryland event when he unloaded the following comments about Brown:

"I'm running against somebody who has never managed anybody, never run anything, his ads are about how he’s a lawyer in Iraq, and that’s all fine and good but this is a real job."

(Gansler's comments were made in response to a question about the Affordable Care Act at the 7:28 mark.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npWBjWmjYn8

The snarky comments from Gansler came in response to a campaign ad run by Brown where he talks about his military experience. Veterans groups were not amused by Gansler's hit on the military.

"Doug Gansler needs to stop smearing those of us who served in Iraq as not having had a 'real job,' "Jon Soltz, whose group has endorsed Brown, said. "It’s a horrible insult to all those men and women who put their lives on the line, and especially those who died, in service to this country."

Gansler backtracked his remarks in a comment to Fox News: "I have the utmost respect for his military service and for veterans," Gansler said. "The point I was trying to make is that Anthony Brown's only attempt to lead as Lieutenant Governor was the unmitigated debacle of the health exchange website that denied Marylanders access to health care and cost taxpayers nearly $200 million."

Brown, who is the frontrunner in the race, told 11 News he thought Gansler's comments were "reckless" and "irresponsible."

"They demonstrate a disrespect and disservice to our nation's veterans and the men and women who serve in the military. Today, there are hundreds of thousands of men and women serving in the Armed Forces in different locations and performing different duties, and I can ensure Doug Gansler that each of them has a real job," Brown said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Candidate Says Iraq War Veteran Opponent Not Up for a 'Real Job’
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 04:32:49 pm »
It's good to see that there is at least one democrat in this world with as bad a case of foot-in-mouth disease as the GOP seems to be afflicted with.