Author Topic: Exclusive--texas ag abbott to blm: 'come and take it'  (Read 860 times)

Offline mrclose

Exclusive--texas ag abbott to blm: 'come and take it'
« on: April 22, 2014, 11:31:13 pm »
After Breitbart Texas reported on the U.S. Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM) intent to seize 90,000 acres belonging to Texas landholders along the Texas/Oklahoma line, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott questioned the BLM’s authority to take such action.

“I am about ready,” General Abbott told Breitbart Texas, “to go to the Red River and raise a ‘Come and Take It’ flag to tell the feds to stay out of Texas.”

Gen. Abbott sent a strongly-worded letter to BLM Director Neil Kornze, asking for answers to a series of questions related to the potential land grab.

“I am deeply concerned about the notion that the Bureau of Land Management believes the federal government has the authority to swoop in and take land that has been owned and cultivated by Texas landowners for generations,”Attorney General Abbott wrote. “The BLM’s newly asserted claims to land along the Red River threaten to upset long-settled private property rights and undermine fundamental principles—including the rule of law—that form the foundation of our democracy. Yet, the BLM has failed to disclose either its full intentions or the legal justification for its proposed actions. Decisions of this magnitude must not be made inside a bureaucratic black box.”

In an exclusive interview with Breitbart Texas, General Abbott said, “This is the latest line of attack by the Obama Administration where it seems like they have a complete disregard for the rule of law in this country ...And now they’ve crossed the line quite literally by coming into the State of Texas and trying to claim Texas land as federal land. And, as the Attorney General of Texas I am not going to allow this.”

Exclusive--Texas AG Abbott to BLM: 'Come and Take It'

Texas has the most private land, most non-government owned land of any state.
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Exclusive--texas ag abbott to blm: 'come and take it'
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 11:34:12 pm »
Even with the election coming up, they relish in pissing off Red State Americans.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 01:51:46 am »
They're not going to do anything in Texas.

The response would make the Bundy Ranch confrontation look like a bunch of kindergartners. 

Does Obama not realize that this kind of stuff is red meat for the Republican base?  How many seats does that cipher want to lose in the Senate?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 02:03:44 am »

The response would make the Bundy Ranch confrontation look like a bunch of kindergartners. 

Does Obama not realize that this kind of stuff is red meat for the Republican base?  How many seats does that cipher want to lose in the Senate?

Exactly what I was thinking.  They're masochists.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline collins

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 04:59:39 am »
Hey, isn't this the guy that's going to become the next governor of Texas? What does Abortion Barbie have to say about the BLM, nevermind, that's irrelevent.

Good to see some politicans stand up to these bureaucrats.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 05:30:51 am »

How many Senate seats are in play in Texas?

Nevada is a toss up.

Montana is a toss up.

Arizona "leans" GOP, but everybody hates McCain.

So, how do you get Democrats to the polls in those States in a midterm election?

Maybe by tying Republicans to a bunch of gun-totting "domestic terrorist" militia types ready to start a shooting war with the Federal government and demanding what amounts to an end of federal subsidies for ranchers?

Reid needs a boogeyman to counter the GOP's Obamacare boogeyman. The GOP needs to pick up six seats to gain control of the Senate. Seven seats are "toss ups" according to RCP.

"Domestic terrorists".

He doesn't need to be right, he just needs enough people to agree with him and come out to vote.

He just needs to hang on to two States to maintain control.

Nevada, Arizona, Montana.

BLM subsidized ranch country.

He just needs two.

Call it the "Western Strategy".

Just a guess?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline olde north church

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 10:37:36 am »
How many Senate seats are in play in Texas?

Nevada is a toss up.

Montana is a toss up.

Arizona "leans" GOP, but everybody hates McCain.

So, how do you get Democrats to the polls in those States in a midterm election?

Maybe by tying Republicans to a bunch of gun-totting "domestic terrorist" militia types ready to start a shooting war with the Federal government and demanding what amounts to an end of federal subsidies for ranchers?

Reid needs a boogeyman to counter the GOP's Obamacare boogeyman. The GOP needs to pick up six seats to gain control of the Senate. Seven seats are "toss ups" according to RCP.

"Domestic terrorists".

He doesn't need to be right, he just needs enough people to agree with him and come out to vote.

He just needs to hang on to two States to maintain control.

Nevada, Arizona, Montana.

BLM subsidized ranch country.

He just needs two.

Call it the "Western Strategy".

Just a guess?

There are a lot of people going to be getting cancellation notices from their insurance companies.  I'm betting obamacare misery beats a few ranchers with obama-love every time.  It hangs like an albatross from the necks of democrats.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 11:31:13 am »
There are a lot of people going to be getting cancellation notices from their insurance companies.  I'm betting obamacare misery beats a few ranchers with obama-love every time.  It hangs like an albatross from the necks of democrats.

You're right, and that will work with Independents and Republicans, but what Harry needs is what incumbents lack in midterm elections: their base coming out to vote, and Harry's base votes Democrats even if there are videos of Democrats killing and eating babies in our city streets.

He doesn't need a lot of votes, he just needs some votes in some key precincts to win a State.

Political elections have become the art of micromanaging Districts in order to impact the political macrosphere.

How many times has Il Douchebag delayed implementation of Ohbummercare for political purposes so far?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:37:46 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline olde north church

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 01:04:04 pm »
You're right, and that will work with Independents and Republicans, but what Harry needs is what incumbents lack in midterm elections: their base coming out to vote, and Harry's base votes Democrats even if there are videos of Democrats killing and eating babies in our city streets.

He doesn't need a lot of votes, he just needs some votes in some key precincts to win a State.

Political elections have become the art of micromanaging Districts in order to impact the political macrosphere.

How many times has Il Douchebag delayed implementation of Ohbummercare for political purposes so far?

I think his delaying tactics are starting to backfire though.  It's like taking a band aid off a hairy arm.  I think that's what the Dem strategists are missing and all the "settled law" comments aren't working either, if they were, he wouldn't need to repeat it.
Do you think the micro-managing is going to effective in what appears to have the potential for an electoral tsunami?  I'm not too sure but the electorate has been much too fickle to try and get a read.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Relic

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 01:18:24 pm »
I think his delaying tactics are starting to backfire though.  It's like taking a band aid off a hairy arm.  I think that's what the Dem strategists are missing and all the "settled law" comments aren't working either, if they were, he wouldn't need to repeat it.
Do you think the micro-managing is going to effective in what appears to have the potential for an electoral tsunami?  I'm not too sure but the electorate has been much too fickle to try and get a read.

The reason the electorate is hard to read is because they aren't informed, nor are they willing to examine what's before them. They get irritated, they vacillate, they bounce back and forth, but when it comes time to vote, the majority examines the situation and says: "Who will give me the most stuff."

Offline evadR

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 01:37:41 pm »
"How many seats does that cipher want to lose in the Senate?"

Hard to say but we'll take every one he gives.

I'm with the governor's cause but I wish these guys would be a lot more professional and cut down on the testosterone induced bravado.

I guess they're trying to fire up the masses but still.....
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.