Author Topic: Texas' attorney general on the BLM  (Read 347 times)

Offline pjohns

Texas' attorney general on the BLM
« on: April 23, 2014, 12:23:29 am »
In the wake of the recent standoff in Nevada, Texas' AG has warned the Bureau of Land Management not to try to seize any land near the Red River.

In the language of complete defiance--an Over My Dead Body type of rhetoric--Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott stated the following:

I am about ready to go to go to the Red River and raise a "Come and Take It" flag to tell the feds to stay out of Texas. ...

I am deeply concerned about the notion that the Bureau of Land Management believes the federal government has the authority to swoop in and take land that has been owned and cultivated by Texas landowners for generations, ...The BLM’s newly asserted claims to land along the Red River threaten to upset long-settled private property rights and undermine fundamental principles—including the rule of law—that form the foundation of our democracy. Yet, the BLM has failed to disclose either its full intentions or the legal justification for its proposed actions. Decisions of this magnitude must not be made inside a bureaucratic black box. ...

This is the latest line of attack by the Obama Administration where it seems like they have a complete disregard for the rule of law in this country ...And now they’ve crossed the line quite literally by coming into the State of Texas and trying to claim Texas land as federal land. And, as the Attorney General of Texas I am not going to allow this. ... 

I believe, what the BLM is doing clearly violates the law. They don’t have any legal standing whatsoever...[Bold added]

Strong words.

But I strongly suspects that he means it.

And that, regardless of the potential upshot.

Oh, here is the link:  Exclusive--Texas AG Abbott to BLM: 'Come and Take It'

Offline sinkspur

Re: Texas' attorney general on the BLM
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 01:56:18 am »
Will Abortion Barbie join him?

I think not.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.