Author Topic: Wasserman Schultz: Midterms Not A Referendum On Obama  (Read 475 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wasserman Schultz: Midterms Not A Referendum On Obama
« on: April 21, 2014, 01:23:14 pm »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/04/20/wasserman_schultz_hillary_is_going_to_be_helpful_to_our_candidates_around_the_country.html

Posted on April 20, 2014
Wasserman Schultz: Midterms Not A Referendum On Obama

DAVID GREGORY: Is the issue in the fall a referendum on President Obama?

REP. DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: No, absolutely not. The--

DAVID GREGORY: It's not?

REP. DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: No. In a midterm election, and even like I said in 2012, these elections, particularly the Senate elections, are referendums on the candidates running. I mean, if they were not, you would have seen the states where Mitt Romney won--

(OVERTALK)

DAVID GREGORY: But these Democrats seem to know the issue. They're critical of the administration, they're critical of his law. They're not running on specific needs in their states. Shaheen and Landrieu, you just mentioned. They're targeting their fire on their fellow Democrat president. They understand that a midterm race is really about the president and his policies. It's about President Obama and health care.

REP. DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: They have to run --

DAVID GREGORY: Is that not the case?

REP. DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: What's the case is that each of these candidates have to run their own race. They have to talk about and focus on the issues that are important to their constituents. And what's also true is, if you look at the success rate and the track record of these incumbent members, Mark Pryor, Mary Landrieu, Mark Begich, they are all ahead of any of their Republican opponents.

And these Republicans are mired in a civil war where the Tea Party has won, and they are consistently nominating the most extreme candidates. And we're on offense in states as well. So you've got Georgia, and Kentucky, and even Mississippi, where we have a very good chance to pick up those seats. So --

DAVID GREGORY: You do --

REP. DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: -- this election is going to be quite competitive all the way to the end. But we have to return our voters out, that's the bottom line.

DAVID GREGORY: Would you like to see Hillary Clinton campaigning down the final stretch here? Could she make a difference in the fall?

REP. DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: I'm confident that Hillary Clinton is going to be helpful to our candidates across the country. That's something that I'm entirely comfortable.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Wasserman Schultz: Midterms Not A Referendum On Obama
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 03:04:39 pm »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx