Author Topic: Obama Uses Easter Address to Remind Us That Islam Teaches Us to “Love Our Neighbors As We Love Ourselves”  (Read 481 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/04/obama-uses-easter-address-to-remind-us-that-islam-teaches-us-to-love-our-neighbors-as-we-love-ourselves/

Obama Uses Easter Address to Remind Us That Islam Teaches Us to “Love Our Neighbors As We Love Ourselves”
Posted by Jim Hoft on Sunday, April 20, 2014, 11:36 AM

Somehow, that message got missed.

Another bizarre Obama holiday address…
In his Easter Address this year Barack Obama reminds us that the great religions, including Islam, teach us to “love our neighbors as we love ourselves.”
From the White House website:

Hi, everybody. For millions of Americans, this time of year holds great meaning…

…For me, and for countless other Christians, Holy Week and Easter are times for reflection and renewal. We remember the grace of an awesome God, who loves us so deeply that He gave us his only Son, so that we might live through Him. We recall all that Jesus endured for us – the scorn of the crowds, the agony of the cross – all so that we might be forgiven our sins and granted everlasting life. And we recommit ourselves to following His example, to love and serve one another, particularly “the least of these” among us, just as He loves every one of us.

The common thread of humanity that connects us all – not just Christians and Jews, but Muslims and Hindus and Sikhs – is our shared commitment to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. To remember, I am my brother’s keeper. I am my sister’s keeper. Whatever your faith, believer or nonbeliever, there’s no better time to rededicate ourselves to that universal mission…

This week a girls’ seminary in Pakistan named its library after Osama bin Laden.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

Obama has no class. His address is akin to someone coming to an engagement party, and announcing their own engagement.

Offline MACVSOG68

"This week a girls’ seminary in Pakistan named its library after Osama bin Laden."

Not a surprise at all.  Pakistan is and has been a lost cause for years.  This president, either through woeful ignorance or malevolent aspiration, has enabled militant Islam to spread almost uncontrollably not only throughout the region but in many other parts of Asia. And his supporters trumpet his policy of destabilization as proof of his leadership.  Go figure.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Obama has no class. His address is akin to someone coming to an engagement party, and announcing their own engagement.

Obama is NOT his own man! He is owned, lock, stock, and barrel, by the Muslim Brotherhood. His controller is one Valarie Jarrett.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Can there be any doubt that Obama sees his mission (if you can call it that) to steer America away from Christianity towards islam ??

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama is NOT his own man! He is owned, lock, stock, and barrel, by the Muslim Brotherhood. His controller is one Valarie Jarrett.

Absolutely!

Can there be any doubt that Obama sees his mission (if you can call it that) to steer America away from Christianity towards islam ??

Totally agree

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Hi, everybody! Hey, boys and girls, what time is it? It's Howdy Obamadoody time!
The full story:
Obama uses weekly address to send Easter, Passover wishes
Posted by CNN's Conor Finnegan   

Washington (CNN) - Politics were put aside Saturday as President Barack Obama wished the American people a Happy Easter in his weekly address.

In remarks to people of all faiths, “believer or nonbeliever,” the President noted the special time of year, for Christians and Jews especially, and called on all to “love and serve one another, particularly ‘the least of these’ among us.”

“This Sunday, Michelle, Malia, Sasha, and I will join our fellow Christians around the world in celebrating the Resurrection of Christ, the salvation he offered the world, and the hope that comes with the Easter season. These holy days have their roots in miracles that took place long ago. And yet, they still inspire us, guide us, and strengthen us today,” he said.

The President celebrated Passover earlier this week with the fifth Seder at the White House Tuesday. Obama is the first president to host a Seder dinner while in office.

“In America, the Passover story has always had special meaning. We come from different places and diverse backgrounds, but we are bound together by a journey from bondage to liberty enshrined in our founding documents and continued in each generation,” he said Tuesday.

Obama also made an appeal to people of other faiths in his Saturday address, calling to mind one idea at the heart of the world’s major religions.

“The common thread of humanity that connects us all – not just Christians and Jews, but Muslims and Hindus and Sikhs – is our shared commitment to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. To remember, I am my brother’s keeper. I am my sister’s keeper. Whatever your faith, believer or nonbeliever, there’s no better time to rededicate ourselves to that universal mission,” he said.

The weekly address is usually a time when the President speaks directly to the American people about an issue of particular importance or prominent in the national conversation in that moment. Many of Obama’s have been about raising the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour or enacting stricter regulation of firearms, for example.

He is likely to take up such issues once again next week as he travels in East Asia on a long-scheduled trip. But for this week, the President got a bit more personal.

“For me, Easter is a story of hope – a belief in a better day to come, just around the bend. So to all Christians who are celebrating, from my family to yours, Happy Easter. And to every American, have a joyful weekend,” he said.
Resurrection, Passover, Muslims as their brothers' keeper, whatever. Nobody's listening, anyway.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

Whatever. Obama thinks that he's the savior, anyway.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn