Author Topic: Illegal aliens take the place of 5,000 Florida college students  (Read 364 times)

rangerrebew

Illegal Aliens Take the Place of 5,000 Florida College Students

by Maggie • April 13, 2014 • 17 Comments

Illegal aliens, who Barack Obama refers to as DREAMers, are stealing the dreams of Florida students. Some 5,000 illegals will get into colleges where children of Florida’s taxpayers will be denied entry, not due to grades, but due to class size. When we talk about DREAMers and “immigrants,” we must remember that an illegal is not an “immigrant” until he/she/they go through the complete immigration process, as proscribed by law. No one immigrates to the U.S. until they are

Illegal_Immigration_Stop_Illegal_Immigration_Enforce_Law_1

In a report released by Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) the impact of providing College Tuition Subsidy for Illegal Aliens (HB851/SB1400, AKA in-state tuition) will be that approximately 5,000 legal students will be displaced in Florida higher level institutions by illegal alien students….

While the number of displaced legal students and fiscal cost vary slightly between HB851 and SB1400 the estimates are similar:

• HB851 will displace of 5,026 legal students

• SB1400 will displace 5,175 legal students

• The fiscal cost of HB851 is estimated at $21.7 million.

• The fiscal cost of SB1400 is estimated at $22.7 million.

I remember driving to the University of Texas with our son, when he so desperately wanted to go there and graduate from UT — a time when he, hubby and I had full confidence that with our son’s grades, entrance to UT would be a no-brainer. We had a pre-arranged appointed time to meet with the counselor, after paperwork had been sent and phone conversations ensued. It was a long day’s drive from Tulsa, and it took the admissions counselor less than ten minutes to tell us that the school had to fulfill their allotment of minorities, and he added, that quota had to be met, even though the grades of those filling the quota weren’t close to my sons — not to mention that taxpayers in Texas would pay for the minorities who had not worked nearly as hard as my son worked, and hubby and I would have paid retail. Unlucky Texans. Unlucky Floridians.

http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/2014/04/illegal-aliens-take-the-place-of-5000-florida-college-students/
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:49:50 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Illegal aliens take the place of 5,000 Florida college students
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 02:53:02 am »
rangerrebew wrote above:
[[ it took the admissions counselor less than ten minutes to tell us that the school had to fulfill their allotment of minorities, and he added, that quota had to be met, even though the grades of those filling the quota weren’t close to my sons — not to mention that taxpayers in Texas would pay for the minorities who had not worked nearly as hard as my son worked, and hubby and I would have paid retail. Unlucky Texans. Unlucky Floridians. ]]

Too bad you didn't have an audio recorder in your pocket that day.

You should have immediately reminded him about someone named "Alan Bakke" and asked him if he knew what the Supreme Court's decision in Mr. Bakke's favor did for "quotas" in America...