Author Topic: Attkisson suggests Media Matters was paid to attack her  (Read 252 times)

rangerrebew

Attkisson suggests Media Matters was paid to attack her
« on: April 21, 2014, 10:24:40 am »
Attkisson Suggests Media Matters Was Paid To Attack Her

"When I persisted with Fast and Furious and some of the green energy stories I was doing, I clearly at some point became a target. I don't know if someone paid them to do it or if they took it on their own"

|
 Jeff Dunetz |

Former CBS News investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson made a stunning charge Sunday that the George Soros funded Media Matters for America may have been paid to attack her. Attkisson has been making the media rounds discussing the bias at CBS news that drove her to resign in frustration, and CNN host Brian Stelter shifted the conversation in a different direction, asking her about reports of mistakes in her reporting:

“Stelter: On the flip side, you've been treated harshly by some on the left who say you are presenting a conservative bias. You’ve got these dueling impressions of you, ist there truth to that, how do you feel when you’ve heard that?

Attkisson: I do think, again, that's a campaign by those who really want to controversialize the reporting I do so you wouldn't listen to it, because if anybody took a few minutes to do a Google search, you would see the dozens and dozens of stories I’ve done which were, in many cases, complemented by liberal press and other liberals as being a very good story, and I have been criticized by the conservative side in the past. It wouldn't take much for someone --

Many of the attacks against Attkisson have come from the Media Matters for America so Stelter brought up the Soros funded organization, he ignored their progressive slant and was corrected by Sharyl Attkisson who continued with the accusation that Media Matters may have been paid by donors to go after her:

"Stelter: Do you think that's what Media Matters is doing? Media Matters has been campaigning against you and saying you have been inaccurate in your reporting, is that what they are trying to do asked saying you're controversialize the issue?

Attkisson: Media Matters from my understanding is a far-left blog group that I think holds itself out to be an independent watchdog group, and yes, they clearly targeted me at some point. They used to work with me on stories and tried to help me produce my stories, and at some point --

Stelter: Well that's interesting.

Attkisson: Well, don't they call you? I mean, they call journalists and they're trying to --

Stelter: Right, they are always emailing things making us, try act outraged about some things.

Attkisson: I was certainly friendly with them as with anybody, good information can come from any source. But when I persisted with Fast and Furious and some of the green energy stories I was doing, I clearly at some point became a target. I don't know if someone paid them to do it or if they took it on their own but they were very much in lock--

Stelter:  Do you think that's possible that someone paid them?

Attkisson: They get contributions from --

Stelter: But specifically to target you?

Attkisson: Perhaps, sure. I think that's what some of these groups do, absolutely.

http://www.truthrevolt.org//news/attkisson-suggests-media-matters-was-paid-attack-her
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:25:45 am by rangerrebew »