Author Topic: New Poll: more than two-thirds of veterans say the country is on the wrong track, disapprove of President Obama  (Read 409 times)

rangerrebew

New Poll: More Than Two-Thirds Of Veterans Say The Country Is On The Wrong Track, Disapprove Of President Obama

April 18, 2014by Emily Laird
Media Contact: Emily Laird | 571.302.0973 | elaird@cv4a.org

Arlington, Va. – Concerned Veterans for America (CVA), a veterans advocacy organization, today released the results of a survey showing a significant majority of veterans believe the country is headed in the wrong direction:  More than two-thirds (68 percent) say the country is on the wrong track, and 66 percent disapprove of President Obama’s handling of his job.

The results also indicated unfavorable views of Obamacare. Sixty-three percent of veterans disapprove of the new healthcare law, and nearly half (46 percent) of veterans believe Obamacare will be worse than the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) healthcare. Among those who have experienced the VA claims backlog, 60 percent report it lasting at least 7 months.

These findings are from a survey using a representative sample of 834 veterans and members of the military.  Interviews were conducted March 8-March 16, 2014, using a mixed methodology of live telephone interviews and online interviews. The margin of error is +/- 3.5%.

Concerned Veterans for America CEO Pete Hegseth issued the following statement:

“Our veterans are very concerned with the direction of the country and its healthcare system. They’ve seen how poorly the government handles healthcare with firsthand experience in the broken VA healthcare system—where wait times, lack of choice, and poor care abound. Our vets deserve better, and these numbers reinforce that fact.”

Key findings:
•Sixty-eight percent of veterans believe the country is on the wrong track, and 66% of veterans disapprove of the way President Obama is handling his job.
•63% of veterans disapprove of Obamacare, and nearly half (46%) of veterans believe Obamacare will be worse than VA healthcare.
•There is widespread awareness of the backlog of claims at the VA (66% of veterans and members of the military), and nearly one-quarter (22%) report having experienced the backlog.  Of those who have experienced the backlog, 58% report currently having a backlogged claim. Those who have experienced the backlog report it lasting at least 7 months (60%), with 36% saying it lasted more than one year.
•Veterans/military believe the top issues facing Congress are dysfunction in Washington (23%), followed by government spending and debt (19%) and economy/jobs (17%).
•In addition to the concern over spending and the debt, nearly three-quarters of veterans/military (73%) agree with former member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen’s statement that our national debt is “the greatest threat to our National Security.”
- See more at: http://concernedveteransforamerica.org/2014/04/18/concerned-veterans-america-poll-country-wrong-track/#sthash.vjXpUedr.dpuf
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:58:19 am by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'd not read too much into it. People are more likely to respond to a poll when they are PO'd about something.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

I'd not read too much into it. People are more likely to respond to a poll when they are PO'd about something.

This may be the reason military people are considered "domestic terrorists" by the Obama administration.  It isn't clear to me, though, if black military people are included in the same category.  If I had to judge by what the administration has done and said in the past, I would have to conclude it is only whites who are the terrorist category.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This may be the reason military people are considered "domestic terrorists" by the Obama administration.  It isn't clear to me, though, if black military people are included in the same category.  If I had to judge by what the administration has done and said in the past, I would have to conclude it is only whites who are the terrorist category.

Sadly that is true...from the few black military friends we have they all support Obama...only because he is black...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

To the administration - yes. It's a blind spot of theirs.

I know a lot of black and hispanic Vets in the US, folk I worked with over the years and we keep in touch. They are majorly PO'd by Obama. They go out, risk their insides suddenly being outsides (that hurts), come home and - not only do they have the usual problems about getting a job (It is way harder for a black guy to get a job than a white guy) but now they have to deal with the whole "Veterans are unstable psychopaths" thing as well.

Most of them voted for Obama in '08. They didn't in '12.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink