Author Topic: Stanley Cohen, Hamas terror lawyer, finally taken down by...IRS  (Read 349 times)

rangerrebew

Stanley Cohen, Hamas Terror Lawyer, Finally Taken Down by… IRS

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On April 19, 2014 @ 11:32 am In The Point | No Comments

Stanley Cohen, the worst person ever,  finally pleads guilty to tax charges… in his own style.

“I plead to being an enemy of the fascist state,” Cohen told The Associated Press on Monday after leaving court. ”

Under the plea agreement, Cohen faces up to 18 months in prison at sentencing, which was scheduled for Aug. 21.

Cohen represented bin Laden son-in-law Sulaiman Abu Ghaith, who was convicted March 26 in Manhattan for his role as al-Qaida’s chief spokesman.

He also has filed lawsuits against Israel for what he calls “the theft of Palestine”.

And he really, really likes terrorists.

“If I don’t support the politics of political clients, I don’t take the case,” he once said. A few weeks after September 11, he said, “If Osama bin Laden arrived in the United States today and asked me to represent him, sure I’d represent him.”

He points proudly to a recent picture of him sitting side by side with Sheik Ahmed Yassin, the Hamas spiritual leader who cheers on the shrapnel-laden Palestinian bombers from his wheelchair in Gaza.

“I’ve been arrested on a good number of occasions – it comes with the turf – both before being a lawyer and since being a lawyer. But, as we say, inshallah” – Allah willing – “my record is perfect.”

No more.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office alleges Cohen failed to file income taxes for six years from 2005-10, to report a cash payment of more than $10,000 and to maintain records or books of transactions.

And it’s not the first time he pleaded guilty.

For the sake of argument – and Cohen’s life is all about argument – he will concede certain points. “I’m a pig. I’m a self-hating Jew. I’m a communist.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/stanley-cohen-hamas-terror-lawyer-finally-taken-down-by-irs/

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:02:56 am by rangerrebew »