Author Topic: Bloomberg: “I Have Earned My Place in Heaven”  (Read 528 times)

Offline happyg

Bloomberg: “I Have Earned My Place in Heaven”
« on: April 19, 2014, 08:28:49 pm »
Daniel Greenfield
Maybe I haven’t sorted through enough interviews, but I can’t recall a conservative billionaire saying something that ridiculously entitled and arrogant.

Bloomberg, who doesn’t appear to particularly believe in G-d, assumes that he has bought his way into heaven with his liberal campaigns. It’s the sort of cartoon capitalist attitude that the left often assigns to the right and yet is so much more characteristic of the left…

“If [Bloomberg] senses that he may not have as much time left as he would like, he has little doubt about what would await him at a Judgment Day. Pointing to his work on gun safety, obesity and smoking cessation, he said with a grin: “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

I’m sure he really does think that. That’s the disturbing part.

Bloomberg really does believe that the world revolves around him. You could see why he actually thought that he might be VP or even President.

Or why he was so flummoxed when Obama didn’t offer him anything. This is a portrait of an egomaniac with no sense of reality.

I don’t think he understands that after three terms, most of the city he ran hates him, and that De Blasio’s win was in no small part due to his running as the anti-Bloomberg.

They say, ‘We don’t care. We’re going to go after you,’ ” he said of the N.R.A. “ ‘If you don’t vote with us we’re going to go after your kids and your grandkids and your great-grandkids. And we’re never going to stop.’ ”

Who exactly is we? Bloomberg’s foundation? His cryogenically frozen head?

Mr. Bloomberg’s blueprint reimagines the way gun control advocates have traditionally confronted the issue. Rather than relying so heavily on television ad campaigns, Mr. Bloomberg will put a large portion of his resources into the often-unseen field operations that have been effective for groups like the N.R.A. in driving single-issue, like-minded voters to the poll

The plans call for a restructuring of the gun control groups he funds, Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. They will be brought under one new umbrella group called Everytown for Gun Safety.

So instead of many fake front groups… one front group with a really lame name.

Unfortunately since Bloomberg rarely ventures out of northeastern mansion territory, he has no clue what the rest of the country thinks like.

He was also dismissive of skeptics who might question whether he could ever build an organization that rivaled the N.R.A. And he seemed unaware of, or unwilling to acknowledge, the ways in which his own persona — of a billionaire, Big Gulp-banning former mayor of New York — could undercut his efforts, especially in rural, conservative states.

“I don’t know what your perception is of our reputation, and mine, the name Bloomberg around the country,” he said. But every place he goes, he added, “You’re a rock star. People yelling out of cabs, ‘Hey, way to go!’ ”

Delusional.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/bloomberg-i-have-earned-my-place-in-heaven/

Offline raml

Re: Bloomberg: “I Have Earned My Place in Heaven”
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 08:40:13 pm »
You can't earn your way to heaven. There is no way this is possible for any of us there are no perfect people. Only on belief and faith that Jesus Christ the son of God suffered and died for our salvation can we enter the kingdom of God no good acts will do it.

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 09:05:46 pm »
You can't earn your way to heaven. There is no way this is possible for any of us there are no perfect people. Only on belief and faith that Jesus Christ the son of God suffered and died for our salvation can we enter the kingdom of God no good acts will do it.

Yep.
Matthew 19: …23And Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." 25When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, "Then who can be saved?"…

Should Bloomberg give away all his money and assets, that would not be enough. Like you said, raml, you can't buy your way into Heaven.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 01:48:28 am »
I have earned my place in heaven.
It's sad how many people believe they can do this.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 11:53:39 am »
He'll hate heaven when he gets there.

It's awfully warm and the flame decor leaves a lot to be desired.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 12:02:31 pm »
Remember one thing, raml: Bloomberg is Jewish. The Jewish religion is built upon the premise that those born into it are God's people, chosen from birth.

That being said, I know of nothing in the Old Testament that says the kingdom of heaven is earned. In fact, hubris the kind we have seen in Bloomberg's quote has typically been a sure one-way ticket to Hell, or at least God's abandonment.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024