Author Topic: China on course to become 'world's most Christian nation' within 15 years  (Read 496 times)

Online kevindavis

It is said to be China's biggest church and on Easter Sunday thousands of worshippers will flock to this Asian mega-temple to pledge their allegiance – not to the Communist Party, but to the Cross.

The 5,000-capacity Liushi church, which boasts more than twice as many seats as Westminster Abbey and a 206ft crucifix that can be seen for miles around, opened last year with one theologian declaring it a "miracle that such a small town was able to build such a grand church"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 03:19:57 PM by kevindavis »
GOP House members came to Paul Ryan to be Speaker. He didn't come to them. And he was everybody's conservative darling back in 2012. So unless 1 of the remaining 240 wants to step up & do a better job in budgeting & negotiations & herding the party cats, then everybody please STFU. You go to battle with the army you have, not the one you want but don't have.

Kevin Davis

Online kevindavis

I say this is good news.
GOP House members came to Paul Ryan to be Speaker. He didn't come to them. And he was everybody's conservative darling back in 2012. So unless 1 of the remaining 240 wants to step up & do a better job in budgeting & negotiations & herding the party cats, then everybody please STFU. You go to battle with the army you have, not the one you want but don't have.

Kevin Davis

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • There's no one out there quite like me.
    • Fullervision
I say this is good news.
We'll see how long the Communist Party tolerates it before they start cracking down.
"Just because people in positions of authority are stupid, it doesn’t mean you have to go along with it." —Arlo Guthrie

"In the excitement of great popular elections, deciding the policy of the country, and its vast patronage, frauds will be committed, if a chance is given for them." —Richard Henry Dana, Jr.

Avatar by FatCow. Used under free license

Online kevindavis

We'll see how long the Communist Party tolerates it before they start cracking down.

Like how the Roman Empire tried to do it??

Kevin Davis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Way different. The Roman Empire tolerated different faiths, as long as the paid taxes. Sound familiar?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • #ToldYouSo
Way different. The Roman Empire tolerated different faiths, as long as the paid taxes. Sound familiar?

no taxation without representation??

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • There's no one out there quite like me.
    • Fullervision

Then they embraced it-- and almost immediately started to collapse.

The Chinese know that Christianity and imperialism cannot coexist... and you know they would rather have the empire.
"Just because people in positions of authority are stupid, it doesn’t mean you have to go along with it." —Arlo Guthrie

"In the excitement of great popular elections, deciding the policy of the country, and its vast patronage, frauds will be committed, if a chance is given for them." —Richard Henry Dana, Jr.

Avatar by FatCow. Used under free license

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Then they embraced it-- and almost immediately started to collapse.

The Chinese know that Christianity and imperialism cannot coexist... and you know they would rather have the empire.

Hey! I got nearly 600 years back history says different!  :tongue2:

Of course - we did kick out the malcontents ....  :whistle:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf