Author Topic: House Dem predicts losses over O-Care  (Read 535 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Dem predicts losses over O-Care
« on: April 18, 2014, 06:12:21 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/203869-house-dem-predicts-losses-over-o-care

April 18, 2014, 12:32 pm
House Dem predicts losses over O-Care
By Elise Viebeck

A House Democrat who voted against ObamaCare said the law is likely to sweep Republicans into office in November.

Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.) had dire predictions for his party during a radio interview on Thursday.

"We will lose seats in the House," Lynch told Boston Herald Radio. "I am fairly certain of that based on the poll numbers that are coming out from more experienced poll sets down there."
He continued, "And I think we may lose the Senate. I think that's a possibility ... primarily because of healthcare."

The comments pit Lynch against party chiefs like Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). The House minority leader and others have argued consistently that the healthcare law will be a political winner for Democrats this year.

Democrats are seeking to go on offense after Thursday's news from the White House that 8 million people have signed up for private plans on the insurance exchanges.

Lynch predicted the issue will again turn sour for the party a few years down the road because of several taxes within the law that have not taken effect. A levy on the most generous health plans, for example, will start in 2018.

"There's all these taxes and fees that are the tough medicine, that up to now ... haven't been implemented. I don't know who’s going to do that,” Lynch said.

"Maybe ... they expect the next administration is going to put these penalties in place. I think that’s the time it's going to hit the fan."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: House Dem predicts losses over O-Care
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 06:45:37 pm »
Somebody didn't drink their Kool Aid.

The numbers Obama keeps touting on his repeat victory laps are almost immediately called into question, if not proven outright to be pure spin and deliberate lies.  Nobody knows how many people have actually paid any premiums, these numbers are purely "sign ups" and don't mean a great deal if the person does not begin paying premiums and continue paying them without dropping out in favor of the "penalty" or "tax", depending on who you are talking to at the moment.

But this fellow is right and probably understating just how bad things are about to be for Dhimmies.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 07:05:25 pm »
Lynch is a far leftie, too. Apparently as Obama's exit draws nearer, and nearer, some are speaking independently of administration message discipline.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline speekinout

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 12:20:56 am »
The next wave of disgust with 0bamacare isn't going to come from the people who didn't sign up - it's going to come from the people who did. There are people who thought they had coverage, and it turned out that they didn't (I know two of those, and they even paid their premiums); and there are people who didn't realize what those huge deductibles mean - they were used to policies where there was a co-pay from the beginning, not a huge deductible before any claim got paid.
And then there are projections of large increases in premiums for next year - and those will be known before Nov.

0bamacare is the best thing that could ever have happened to the GOP. I hope they don't muff it.  :shrug: