Author Topic: 50 Successful Marijuana Users Who Prove The Person Matters More Than The Plant The Huffington Post  (Read 607 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/18/most-famous-marijuana-users_n_5160073.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013

50 Successful Marijuana Users Who Prove The Person Matters More Than The Plant
The Huffington Post  | by  Ryan J. Reilly & Robin Wilkey

Posted: 04/18/2014 11:13 am EDT

A version of this story was first published in 2013.

These guys just blew pothead stereotypes up in smoke.

Though marijuana opponents have long pointed suggesting that weed is tied to a lack of motivation, a sampling of successful people who have admitted using the drug suggests otherwise.

Pot policy reform group Marijuana Policy Project has released a list of the top 50 most influential Americans who have used marijuana, and it's a doozy.

The list contains politicians, Supreme Court justices, entertainers, entrepreneurs and a certain leader of the free world who had a habit of “intercepting” joints as a teen in Hawaii. Some admitted only to trying the drug once or twice, while others, like Maya Angelou, reportedly “smoked marijuana with abandon.”

“The goal here is to dispel the myth that marijuana users are ‘losers’ who lack motivation, and highlight the fact that they are typically productive and oftentimes quite successful,” said Mason Tvert, director of communications for the Marijuana Policy Project, in a release. “As this list demonstrates, many of our nation’s most successful citizens have used marijuana.”

Check out the slideshow below for MPP's full list of of the top most 50 influential Americans who have used marijuana:

slideshow at link...some surprises there..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Scanning that list, I'm not sure it is the best sales pitch for legalization. Snoop Dog, Miley, Hugh Hefner?  (the Rush Limbaugh medical marijuana quote originated on a hoax site, I'm surprised they didn't know that) .

Offline olde north church

I didn't like it.  Made my eyes burn, my nose swell and my stomach feel like I swallowed a bowling ball.  There was one drug that I tried, one time and it was very good.  It was so good it frightened me and I never used it again.  I imagined myself throwing it into an open wound on my leg like an old Chinaman.
I didn't like morphine when I had it in the hospital.  I can't take normal painkillers like aspirin, ibuprofen or the other one.  Again, I imagined myself getting addicted to morphine and throwing it into a open sore in my leg.  The nurse told me you don't get addicted to morphine, you get addicted to laudenum.  I don't know where I got the image of an old Chinaman tossing opiates into an open sore into his leg.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline mountaineer

Isn't this like saying I drank a glass of wine and didn't turn into a homeless alcholic bum living under the bridge, therefore alcohol never is harmful to anyone?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I didn't like it.  Made my eyes burn, my nose swell and my stomach feel like I swallowed a bowling ball.  There was one drug that I tried, one time and it was very good.  It was so good it frightened me and I never used it again.  I imagined myself throwing it into an open wound on my leg like an old Chinaman.
I didn't like morphine when I had it in the hospital.  I can't take normal painkillers like aspirin, ibuprofen or the other one.  Again, I imagined myself getting addicted to morphine and throwing it into a open sore in my leg.  The nurse told me you don't get addicted to morphine, you get addicted to laudenum.  I don't know where I got the image of an old Chinaman tossing opiates into an open sore into his leg.

I enjoy the odd hit of weed - helps me sleep when nothing else does. Salted cigs really work well - mix of tobacco, weed and opium. Morphine, on the other hand, gets me both violent and paranoid.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink