Author Topic: Dobson wins temporary ObamaCare exemption  (Read 551 times)

Offline flowers

Dobson wins temporary ObamaCare exemption
« on: April 18, 2014, 03:43:28 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/18/dobson-wins-temporary-obamacare-exemption/?intcmp=trending

DOBSON WINS TEMPORARY OBAMACARE EXEMPTION
AP: “Christian radio broadcaster James Dobson has won a temporary injunction preventing the federal government from requiring his ministry to include the morning-after pill and other emergency contraception in its health insurance. A federal judge in Denver issued the injunction Thursday. Dobson sued in December, saying the Affordable Care Act mandate to provide the contraception violates the religious beliefs of his Colorado Springs-based ministry, called Family Talk. The U.S. Supreme Court is considering similar challenges from Hobby Lobby and other employers. Dobson is founder and president of Family Talk, which has a nationally syndicated radio show, newsletter and website. The lawsuit says the ministry has 28 full-time employees. He's best known as founder of the conservative Focus on the Family ministry. He left that group and launched Family Talk in 2010.”

[Flashback - From Dobson’s original announcement of his challenge: “I believe in the rule of law, and it has been my practice since I was in college to respect and honor those in authority over us. It is my desire to do so now. However, this

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Dobson wins temporary ObamaCare exemption
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 03:48:59 pm »
It's interesting that Dobson has only 28 employees and therefore is exempt from the Obamacare requirement that he insure his staff.  It's only because he elects to insure them that forces him to have an insurance plan that complies. 

Online mountaineer

Re: Dobson wins temporary ObamaCare exemption
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 04:03:33 pm »
He's no longer with Focus on the Family. I wonder if that organization - which surely has more than 28 employees - has sought an exemption.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org