Author Topic: Pelosi assists in Holy Week foot-washing ritual  (Read 516 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi assists in Holy Week foot-washing ritual
« on: April 18, 2014, 02:50:39 pm »
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Pelosi-assists-in-Holy-Week-foot-washing-ritual-5411553.php

Pelosi assists in Holy Week foot-washing ritual
Published 4:58 pm, Thursday, April 17, 2014

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (left) prepares to pour water on the feet of Yamile Cruz, 10, with the help of Bishop Marc Andrus during a Holy Week foot-washing ceremony at Saint John the Evangelist Episcopal Church in San Francisco. Photo: Leah Millis, San Francisco Chronicle

To "honor the dignity and work of immigrants," Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi helps Bishop Marc Andrus wash the feet of two children Thursday at Saint John the Evangelist Episcopal Church in San Francisco.

Pelosi also used the occasion to talk about passing HR15 - bipartisan immigration legislation that her office says would "reduce the deficit by nearly $1 trillion, secure our borders, unite our families, protect our workers and provide an earned pathway to citizenship."

The Democratic leader's ceremony coincides with Pope Francis' similar ceremony in Rome to mark Holy Week. As he did last year, the pope broke with the tradition of washing only priests' feet during the Mass for the Last Supper - this time, washing the feet of disabled people.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Pelosi assists in Holy Week foot-washing ritual
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 03:00:03 pm »
More showboating from Pelosi.

Since the Catholic Church won't let her get a photo op like this, she trots over to the Episcopalians who are only too accommodating for the two dozen or so congregants who attend their services.

And, of course, she politicizes the occasion.

Only in a place like San Francisco would a nag like Pelosi be taken seriously.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online rustynail

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 03:03:14 pm »
Lack of lightening strikes is really testing my faith.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 03:11:54 pm »
Liberals spend 363 days a year fighting tooth and nail against Christianity, and then two or three days a year they become religious. Easter and Christmas, suddenly all Liberals love religion.

Nancy Pelosi should go to hell. I don't know that God is taking votes, by my vote goes that she should marry Harry Reid, and they both go to where they belong.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 03:17:11 pm »
Lack of lightening strikes is really testing my faith.

Way past time for an epic smite.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!