Author Topic: Has Rush Limbaugh Finally Reached the End Of The Road?  (Read 2744 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Has Rush Limbaugh Finally Reached the End Of The Road?
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2014, 12:37:20 pm »
Rush not only provides the facts but gives his interpretation of what those facts mean.  What more can we ask for?

Fair comment. But what more can we ask for?

A population that thinks about the facts - actually thinks - and comes to conclusions on their own.

Rush has two big things going for him - he has a totally solid research team, and his callers provide not just talk fodder, but additional information. Yet, should we as a whole blindly accept his judgements? He'd be horrified at the thought of that.
He does op-ed journalism at it's finest. "Here are the facts. Here is what I think. What do you think?" He never insults the listeners intelligence. He challenges it.

I listen to him - sometimes - prefer music than talk. I'll read the transcripts more often.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2014, 01:18:06 pm »
Fair comment. But what more can we ask for?

A population that thinks about the facts - actually thinks - and comes to conclusions on their own.

Rush has two big things going for him - he has a totally solid research team, and his callers provide not just talk fodder, but additional information. Yet, should we as a whole blindly accept his judgements? He'd be horrified at the thought of that.
He does op-ed journalism at it's finest. "Here are the facts. Here is what I think. What do you think?" He never insults the listeners intelligence. He challenges it.

I listen to him - sometimes - prefer music than talk. I'll read the transcripts more often.

Please God grant us such a a population!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2014, 01:46:17 pm »
I think Rush is just as relevant as ever, especially in these times.
His analysis of events is beyond any other person that I know and is always based on facts. I don't understand the statement that listening to Rush no longer gets a person "the facts". As Sherlock says, "it's not just the facts but the interpretation of the facts in which we are justified".
Rush not only provides the facts but gives his interpretation of what those facts mean.  What more can we ask for?

Again, I think most people who listen to Rush have superior analytical skills.  What's that he says about the "Ditto"?  It's not mindless agreement, it's an expression of how people enjoy the show, great to be on, etc..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:46:59 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline evadR

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2014, 01:52:36 pm »
Please God grant us such a a population!

D I T T O  :patriot:
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.