Author Topic: Hillary Book to Be Called 'Hard Choices' Daniel Halper  (Read 2129 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Hillary Book to Be Called 'Hard Choices' Daniel Halper
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2014, 04:01:59 pm »

The authentic Hillary.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2014, 04:03:23 pm »
In her case, the book is a propaganda device to launch a political campaign.  No propaganda is sacred, whether conservative or liberal, as far as I am concerned.  If there is a disconnect between her true appearance and the photos she uses to present herself, then that is certainly fair game.  It is information relevant to her character.  The photo used in the parody is a true photo of Hillary taken by a journalist.  It's not sugar-coated or retouched.

So you think politicians should be allowed to use all the puffery they like to prop themselves up with artificiality, but critics should not have the right to point it out?

It'd be one thing if this thread was only about pointing out the disconnect between her pictures and her real appearance. It went beyond that, though. Come on, look at the comments so far. This wasn't just about pointing out information relative to her character. It was about having a good laugh at her level of attractiveness.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 04:04:14 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2014, 04:04:04 pm »
We get it, Dex.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2014, 04:05:28 pm »
Our side has a helluva lot of time before the campaigns get in swing in which to bring the public's attention to the truth about this conniving Marxist in a pantsuit and granny glasses.

If we allow the MSM to ignore Hillary's history/pedigree, then we're truly retarded as a political force.

FOXNEWS should have an hour program on every evening.....just like ABC did when they started "Nightline"....espousing the corruption and scandal in Hillary's life.

If MSNBC can get reach the 24/7 chosen "news" by being outrageous (their actual viewership is embarrassingly low). then FOX should learn from it.

We should ensure that nobody ever gets elected without being fully vetted.  Period.   Look what we've gotten ourselves into?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Dexter

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2014, 04:06:49 pm »
We get it, Dex.

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers; I was just attempting to keep things clean and professional. I feel like ignoring her appearance and instead grinding her political stances into dust will be more helpful to our cause. 
-Socrates

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2014, 04:12:25 pm »
It'd be one thing if this thread was only about pointing out the disconnect between her pictures and her real appearance. It went beyond that, though. Come on, look at the comments so far. This wasn't just about pointing out information relative to her character. It was about having a good laugh at her level of attractiveness.

It was both.  The former made it legitimate.  It's called "satire."  You've never seen the stuff the late night shows did to Sarah Palin?  Satire is a tool they can use, but our hands must be tied?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2014, 04:13:53 pm »
Sorry if I ruffled any feathers; I was just attempting to keep things clean and professional. I feel like ignoring her appearance and instead grinding her political stances into dust will be more helpful to our cause.

No feathers ruffled here but YOU should recognize that propaganda is still propaganda whatever form it takes and should be pointed out as propaganda!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2014, 04:19:13 pm »
Dex, I agree that in most instances, mocking a person's appearance - or at least that aspect of appearance which he or she cannot change - is juvenile. However, I think most of us are tired of being hammered over the head with the propaganda of how wonderful and talented and brilliant and stylish utterly horrible people like Hillary and Michelle Obama are, and I think we just want to hit back sometimes.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2014, 04:20:25 pm »
Satire is a tool they can use, but our hands must be tied?

Fair enough I guess. I just thought we were better, and could act with more decency and professionalism. I had hoped that we could set the example instead of lowering ourselves to using those kinds of tactics. Anyway, it's not really worth all of this. Sorry for the interruption.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2014, 04:22:45 pm »
Dex, I agree that in most instances, mocking a person's appearance - or at least that aspect of appearance which he or she cannot change - is juvenile. However, I think most of us are tired of being hammered over the head with the propaganda of how wonderful and talented and brilliant and stylish utterly horrible people like Hillary and Michelle Obama are, and I think we just want to hit back sometimes.

Why not hit them back where it really hurts? Use facts to unravel the propaganda and expose these politicians for what they really are.
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2014, 04:27:28 pm »
Fair enough I guess. I just thought we were better, and could act with more decency and professionalism. I had hoped that we could set the example instead of lowering ourselves to using those kinds of tactics. Anyway, it's not really worth all of this. Sorry for the interruption.

A serious question.....

Are you of the mindset that Republicans should not get into the dirt so as to "not upset the independents" out there?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Dexter

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2014, 04:28:15 pm »
A serious question.....

Are you of the mindset that Republicans should not get into the dirt so as to "not upset the independents" out there?

I think keeping it clean and professional will result in more votes for Republicans.
-Socrates

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2014, 04:28:39 pm »
Why not hit them back where it really hurts? Use facts to unravel the propaganda and expose these politicians for what they really are.
We do that. We always have.

Offline IZZY ANN

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2014, 04:34:21 pm »

The book is a LIE, so I think, it is appropriate that the picture should be a LIE also.
Heck the woman's whole life is a LIE.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2014, 04:45:48 pm »
Heck the woman's whole life is a LIE.
That's the truth. A mediocre attorney who has never accomplished anything in her life (other than ensuring the deaths of four Americans in Behghazi, miraculously turning a $1,000 investment into $100,000 and refraining from killing her philandering husband). And now her equally unaccomplished daughter wants to enter politics. Heaven help us.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2014, 05:03:44 pm »
When someone is unattractive and a bad person, it makes them look even uglier. I know many unattractive people who are lovely on the inside and it shows on the outside.

This is a marvelous point!

I know a particular woman who might be described as 'homely,' but her beautiful spirit makes her attractive.

No matter what Hillary's looks are (I think her face is very unfortunate), her spirit is ugly.  She's deep down ugly.

And that's the part that matters.  Her real looks reflect her real character.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2014, 05:04:21 pm »
That's the truth. A mediocre attorney who has never accomplished anything in her life (other than ensuring the deaths of four Americans in Behghazi, miraculously turning a $1,000 investment into $100,000 and refraining from killing her philandering husband). And now her equally unaccomplished daughter wants to enter politics. Heaven help us.

You just summed up Hillary's life in that small paragraph.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2014, 05:12:40 pm »
I think if she was interested in the truth, she's have called it "Flaccid Choices" and yes that's a comment about BOTH her looks and her decision-making.