Author Topic: Hillary Book to Be Called 'Hard Choices' Daniel Halper  (Read 2105 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hillary Book to Be Called 'Hard Choices' Daniel Halper
« on: April 18, 2014, 12:50:31 pm »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/hillary-book-be-called-hard-choices_787056.html

Hillary Book to Be Called 'Hard Choices'
Daniel Halper
April 18, 2014 7:14 AM

The title of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's new book will be Hard Choices, Simon and Shuster announced this morning:

"HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON’S INSIDE ACCOUNT OF THE CRISES, CHOICES, AND CHALLENGES SHE FACED DURING HER FOUR YEARS AS AMERICA’S 67TH SECRETARY OF STATE, AND HOW THOSE EXPERIENCES DRIVE HER VIEW OF THE FUTURE," reads a description of the book by the publisher.

“All of us face hard choices in our lives,” Hillary Rodham Clinton writes at the start of this personal chronicle of years at the center of world events. “Life is about making these choices, and how we handle them shapes the people we become.” In the aftermath of her 2008 presidential run, she expected to return to representing New York in the United States Senate. To her surprise, her former rival for the Democratic Party nomination, newly elected President Barack Obama, asked her to serve in his administration as Secretary of State. This memoir is the story of the four extraordinary and historic years that followed, and the hard choices that she and her colleagues confronted. Secretary Clinton and President Obama had to decide how to repair fractured alliances, wind down two wars, and address a global financial crisis. They faced a rising competitor in China, growing threats from Iran and North Korea, and revolutions across the Middle East. Along the way, they grappled with some of the toughest dilemmas of US foreign policy, especially the decision to send Americans into harm’s way, from Afghanistan to Libya to the hunt for Osama bin Laden.

By the end of her tenure, Secretary Clinton had visited 112 countries, traveled nearly one million miles, and gained a truly global perspective on many of the major trends reshaping the landscape of the twenty-first century, from economic inequality to climate change to revolutions in energy, communications, and health. Drawing on conversations with numerous leaders and experts, Secretary Clinton offers her views on what it will take for the United States to compete and thrive in an interdependent world. She makes a passionate case for human rights and the full participation in society of women , youth, and LGBT people. An astute eyewitness to decades of social change, she distinguishes the trendlines from the headlines and describes the progress occurring throughout the world, day after day.

Secretary Clinton’s descriptions of diplomatic conversations at the highest levels offer readers a master class in international relations, as does her analysis of how we can best use “smart power” to deliver security and prosperity in a rapidly changing world—one in which America remains the indispensable nation.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Hillary Book to Be Called 'Hard Choices' Daniel Halper
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 01:52:04 pm »

Choices.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rustynail

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 02:41:16 pm »
She's so beautiful and attractive.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 02:46:30 pm »

May I pat your "guide dog'?

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 02:46:48 pm »

Do you wear prism glasses, rusty?  :silly:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online rustynail

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 02:53:11 pm »
Do you wear prism glasses, rusty?  :silly:
This isn't opposite day?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 02:56:31 pm »

an un-retouched photo of the beauty
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 03:04:06 pm »
It's Easter weekend.

I can't say anything nice so I'll not say anything at all.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 03:06:20 pm »

The miracle of photoshop and toxic levels of botox. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 03:10:20 pm »
The woman who famously said "At this point, what difference does it make?"  writes a book titled "Hard Choices" with a straight face? 

It was on her watch that the student uprising in Iran was put down and Egypt and Libya became dominated by radical Islamists.   And, of course, four of our citizens were brazenly murdered by said Islamists.

AND NOTHING WAS, OR HAS BEEN, DONE!!!!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 03:10:39 pm »

an un-retouched photo of the beauty

Another one:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline evadR

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 03:13:08 pm »
Hard Choices
So, her book is about The Slickster.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Millee

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 03:13:26 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 03:24:39 pm »
Hard Choices
So, her book is about The Slickster.

Support the USO

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 03:30:53 pm »

Not trying to defend any of her political positions, but why trash the way she looks? Use facts and sound reasoning to discredit her; this kind of behavior just seems kind of juvenile to be honest. Are we not above cheap personal attacks? Her looks or the looks of any other politician should be a non-issue.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:32:29 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 03:33:51 pm »
Not trying to defend any of her political positions, but why trash the way she looks? Use facts and sound reasoning to discredit her; this kind of behavior just seems kind of juvenile to be honest. Are we not above cheap personal attacks? Her looks or the looks of any other politician should be a non-issue.

It's not 'juvenile' to point out the hypocrisy of the photoshop relative to the reality of her dour, unfortunate appearance.

It symbolizes her manufactured image of wonder woman with the reality of her being downright evil.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:36:27 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 03:35:39 pm »
It's not 'juvenile' to point out the hypocrisy of the photoshop relative to the reality of her dour, unfortunate appearance.

Almost everybody that is well known and spends a lot of time in the spotlight will do their best to make their pictures look as good as possible.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:36:30 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 03:38:31 pm »
Almost everybody that is well known and spends a lot of time in the spotlight will do their best to make their pictures look as good as possible.

Read the sentence I added to my edit.

The phoniness of the photo shop mirrors the reality of her being a complete phony.

She is pure evil being 'photo shopped' by the left into a magnificent, strong, capable woman.

Everything about her is  a lie.

Including that ridiculous phony photo on the book.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:38:51 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 03:43:10 pm »
Read the sentence I added to my edit.

The phoniness of the photo shop mirrors the reality of her being a complete phony.

She is pure evil being 'photo shopped' by the left into a magnificent, strong, capable woman.

Everything about her is  a lie.

Including that ridiculous phony photo on the book.

I guess I just feel like people will take the opposition less seriously if they are just cracking a bunch of jokes about her being unattractive. I understand what you're saying, but it went beyond just that. This thread was about making personal attacks at her expense, not discrediting her as a politician. Let reality speak for itself and the bad eggs will discredit themselves.
-Socrates

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 03:43:26 pm »

Oh, please.  If you think her looks are irrelevant, perhaps you can answer this:

Why, then, did she use this photoshopped image of herself for her book instead of going with something more authentic?

Offline Dexter

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 03:49:06 pm »
Oh, please.  If you think her looks are irrelevant, perhaps you can answer this:

Why, then, did she use this photoshopped image of herself for her book instead of going with something more authentic?

I don't think her looks are irrelevant, but I think they should be, because looks have nothing to do with your political stances. She used that image because it gave the cover of her book a friendly and inviting look. Lots of authors do this. Again, not trying to defend Hillary here, but I feel like we will have much more success discrediting her if we stick to political facts.
-Socrates

Offline happyg

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 03:50:19 pm »
When someone is unattractive and a bad person, it makes them look even uglier. I know many unattractive people who are lovely on the inside and it shows on the outside.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2014, 03:57:52 pm »
I don't think her looks are irrelevant, but I think they should be, because looks have nothing to do with your political stances. She used that image because it gave the cover of her book a friendly and inviting look. Lots of authors do this. Again, not trying to defend Hillary here, but I feel like we will have much more success discrediting her if we stick to political facts.

In her case, the book is a propaganda device to launch a political campaign.  No propaganda is sacred, whether conservative or liberal, as far as I am concerned.  If there is a disconnect between her true appearance and the photos she uses to present herself, then that is certainly fair game.  It is information relevant to her character.  The photo used in the parody is a true photo of Hillary taken by a journalist.  It's not sugar-coated or retouched.

So you think politicians should be allowed to use all the puffery they like to prop themselves up with artificiality, but critics should not have the right to point it out?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2014, 04:01:41 pm »
You can tell if she's going to run if she has some major face work done and loses half that butt in the gym. 

And the "granny" moniker won't help.

Ronald Reagan was 70 when elected and looked great.  Hillary looks every bit of her age now and will be even more haggard and spread out in two years.

No matter what anybody says, looks matter.  Hillary's going to find that out.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.