Author Topic: Obama tells Democrats: Defend my law  (Read 251 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Obama tells Democrats: Defend my law
« on: April 18, 2014, 08:44:45 AM »

Support the USO

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
Re: Obama tells Democrats: Defend my law
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 08:54:10 AM »
Something like 3 million people signed up but thought better of it, and are now opting to pay the penalty or resist.  Something like 4 million lost their insurance and are now paying more for less than they had before.  Something like a million uninsured are now insured, and something like 3 million have been added to the Medicaid rolls.  Also, there are very likely more total uninsured now than there were before OPapaDoc Care, a fact that will become known once all the smoke clears.  Some success.

Even as OPapaDoc himself has issued one executive order after another negating key aspects of the law to get through the 2014 elections, he continues to urge Democrats to go out there and put more lipstick on the pig. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:54:55 AM by massadvj »
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Relic

Re: Obama tells Democrats: Defend my law
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 09:48:05 AM »
Even as OPapaDoc himself has issued one executive order after another negating key aspects of the law to get through the 2014 elections, he continues to urge Democrats to go out there and put more lipstick on the pig.

Like it or not, he's won 2 national elections. I give the devil his due. Obama is a community organizer. He knows his base. And he seems to know how to reach anyone who he can put into a group. He's written off the white working class, and it works for him in two ways. First, he likely isn't going to win them over, second, it gives him cred with his base, since Obama's base dislikes the white working class too. And finally, you have an opponent, that isn't an opposition. There is more animosity between Tea Party types and the GOPe than between Republicans and Democrats, (especially when you consider the GOPe is simply Democrat-lite).

Obamacare is a winner. More people don't know about it, than have been hurt by it. My moderate friends have the opinion that it isn't good, but at least they did something. My moderate friends aren't stupid, and they do have a point, even though one can argue that doing something, when it's catastrophic isn't a good idea. But, Republicans saw the healthcare insurance crisis coming, and did nothing. The drug expansion under Bush was a huge swing and a miss in terms of addressing the core problem.

Dems can promote obamacare, the media will help, they are all in. And then pivot to pay equality, the war on women, racism... the staples of the Democrat party. All they need is for a few Republicans to pop off about something stupid like rape not causing pregnancy, and it will be alright for the Democrats. Republicans are too busy with infighting to actually enumerate the shortcomings of obamacare that are yet to be played out, or to draw Democrats into a debate about this "recovery".

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf