Author Topic: South Korea's response to ferry sinking assailed; captain apologizes  (Read 302 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
The video of the rescues that were made are very compelling, and a lot of brave people put themselves in great jeopardy trying to rescue passengers as the vessel rolled over very quickly.  This boat sank so fast it had to have had the bottom ripped out of it somehow.  They must have hit some kind of reef or rock to do enough damage to sink a vessel that big, that fast.

Of course, do we know for sure that the Norks didn't have anything to do with this??

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
I have seen people 'freeze panic' in extreme situations. It is a kind of shock. They just freeze up and stare into nothing. Sometime they will cry. Sometimes they go fetal. They become unresponsive to anything. You cannot get them to talk or move. No doubt some of these people went down with the ship because they froze in place. I would like to think that I would have been throwing people off the boat, but you never know. You cannot know without being there.

I am curious about a collision. That big boom they heard before the ship flipped, could have been the ferry hitting an NK sub. Or the reverse, it could have been an NK sub hitting them. I don't know?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Good call. Happens all the time and makes sense as an explanation for the loss of life.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf