Author Topic: Panetta: Obama has ‘mixed record’ on national security  (Read 378 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Panetta: Obama has ‘mixed record’ on national security
« on: April 17, 2014, 01:24:31 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/203742-panetta-obama-has-mixed-record-on-national-security-decisions

April 17, 2014, 08:04 am
Panetta: Obama has ‘mixed record’ on national security

By Justin Sink

Former CIA Director Leon Panetta said President Obama had a “mixed record” on making tough national security decisions, and indicated that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would be better at shaping the U.S. role in the geopolitical world.

In an interview with The New York Times regarding Clinton’s tenure at the State Department, Panetta credited Clinton for supporting controversial CIA activities, including drone strikes, in Pakistan.

“The president has made some tough decisions,” Panetta said. “But it’s been a mixed record, and the concern is, the president defining what America’s role in the world is in the 21st century hasn’t happened.”

“Hopefully, he’ll do it,” Panetta continued, “and certainly, she would.”

The comment comes at a time when Obama is facing criticism from Republicans over his handling of Russian aggression in Ukraine.

“I don’t know how it could have been weaker besides doing nothing,” Sen. John McCain said last month after the Obama administration announced the first round of sanctions against the U.S.

During an interview with CBS News on Wednesday, Obama discounted the notion Putin was mocking him, saying Russian provocations came from a place of weakness, not strength.

“They’re not interested in any kind of military confrontation with us, understanding that our conventional forces are significantly superior to the Russians,” Obama said.

Although he served as Defense secretary and CIA director in the Obama administration, Panetta has deep ties to the Clintons. He served as former President Bill Clinton’s chief of staff from 1994 to 1997 and as Clinton’s budget director for two additional years.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Re: Panetta: Obama has ‘mixed record’ on national security
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 01:50:02 pm »
That "mixed record" fluctuates between abysmal and pathetic.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 01:53:14 pm »
And exactly what "tough decisions" has Obama made, Leon???
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 01:54:42 pm »
That "mixed record" fluctuates between abysmal and pathetic.

:thumbsup2:

Beat me to it.  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink