Author Topic: Majority of Arizona Republicans: we want John McCain gone in 2016  (Read 463 times)

rangerrebew

Majority of Arizona Republicans: We Want John McCain Gone in 2016

Katie Pavlich

4/15/2014 1:00:00 PM - Katie Pavlich

Although Arizona Senator John McCain hasn't officially announced he'll be seeking another term, recent comments and a glitzy fundraiser in New York City indicate he'll be putting himself up for re-election.

But according to a new statewide poll conducted by Citizens United Political Victory Fund, the vast majority of Arizona Republicans aren't so keen on McCain staying in office.

Arizona Senator John McCain confronts a very challenging primary landscape should he decide to run for a sixth term in 2016. Although his job approval-disapproval rating among Republicans statewide is evenly split, and his image is slightly underwater (47.7% favorable, 51.4% unfavorable), it is the fact that Republican Primary voters in Arizona are over twice as likely to elect “a new person” (64.2%) than they are to re-elect McCain (29.3%) that spells trouble.

This is not simply “trouble with the Tea Party” or “far-right angst.” Senator McCain struggles at various levels with Republicans across the ideological spectrum, as shown in the Appendix (Tea Party Republicans, Strong, Republicans, Not-so-strong Republicans and Independents).

In addition, the poll detailed potential primary match-ups between Governor Jan Brewer, Rep. Matt Salmon, Rep. David Schweikert and McCain. At this point, McCain would lose to all three.

Senator McCain also loses to every Republican tested in head-to-head primary balloting. In separate questions, Arizona Republicans prefer both current Governor Jan Brewer (47.7%-29.0%) and Fifth District Representative Matt Salmon (48.2%-30.3%) by double-digit margins. Sixth U.S. District Representative David Schweikert also bests McCain on the Primary ballot (40.1%-33.9%), albeit by a narrower spread.

Late last year when asked about whether he would seek another term in office, McCain said he didn't want to "be one of these old guys that should’ve shoved off.”

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/04/15/majority-of-arizonans-we-want-john-mccain-gone-in-2016-n1824878?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:02:27 pm by rangerrebew »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Majority of Arizona Republicans: we want John McCain gone in 2016
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 11:59:19 pm »
Why? What is so bad about McCain? They should keep electing the same guy for a hundred years. They should keep electing McCain until he dies. And then they should keep electing his ashes and urn until the year 3 thousand.

I'm am just confused why Americans would ever think that electing the same guy over and over and over and over again for thousand years would be a problem.

Look at Pelosi and Reid. Those guys were born before television. Those guys are both from the 1800s and they are both still going strong. They even run the Democrat Party as it is supposed to be run by historic Democrats.

(we do all remember that 'Democrats' were the Confederates during the Civil War right? and that the Democrats are the founders of the KKK, and always voted against Black people. We do remember that, right?)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 02:21:26 pm »
Why? What is so bad about McCain? They should keep electing the same guy for a hundred years. They should keep electing McCain until he dies.
I see no problem with this.  People have been voting from their caskets for quite a few years so now they should have a true representative of their own - to be politically correct. :woohoo:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 12:05:25 am »
That's funny. Made me laugh.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.