Author Topic: Report: Alleged Jewish Center Shooter Spent Time In Witness Protection  (Read 345 times)

Offline flowers

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/frazier-glenn-miller-witness-protection

The suspect in Sunday's deadly shootings at two Jewish centers in Kansas may have spent time in the early 1990s in the federal witness protection program, according to The Kansas City Star.

The Star reported Tuesday that Frazier Glenn Miller, who has been charged with killing three people, appears to have spent at least some time protected by the government. In 1987, Miller reached a plea deal with prosecutors over weapons charges. As part of the deal, he agreed to testify against 14 other leading white supremacists. According to the Star, Miller's 1987 sentencing memorandum recommended witness protection.

Miller's autobiography, “A White Man Speaks Out,” mentions that as part of the deal prosecutors agreed to "recommend a 5-year prison sentence, immunity from any further prosecution by either state or federal authorities, and entrance into the Federal Witness Protection Program which included the financial support of my family while I served my sentence.”