Author Topic: If You Find Yourself Believing This, Glenn Beck Wants You to Unfriend Him  (Read 1092 times)

Offline happyg

Erica Ritz   

Glenn Beck has a message for anyone who is “crying for revolution, insurrection … and a call to arms”: He wants nothing to do with you.

“This morning I got up and I saw some more news reports, and more people in America that are standing up now and crying for revolution, insurrection, arming yourself, and a call to arms,” Beck said on his radio program Tuesday. “I will tell you I believe in the Second Amendment, and I will defend myself. I believe in the rights that we have. But I will tell you more than I believe in my rights, I believe in the responsibilities that we have to God. And God does not call anyone to anger. God does not call anyone to vengeance ever, ever, ever.”

Beck said on his television program Monday that, according to PsyID, a company that monitors social media, between 10 and 15 percent of those who are taking a stand for Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy are “truly frightening” and “don’t care what the facts are; they just want a fight.” Beck likened them to “the right’s version of Occupy Wall Street.”

“Right now,” Beck continued on his radio program, “if you go to my Facebook page, you will see these people everywhere. They are the people that are full of anger and rage … The common theme seems to be, ‘I’m shocked at Glenn Beck. I always knew he was a fraud.’”

Beck said anyone who is surprised by his call for peace among the controversy isn’t actually a fan of his.

“You tear off your mask by saying that, because I have talked about Gandhi, Martin Luther King and prayer and peace since I was at CNN,” he said. “That is who I am at the core. And if you think I am something else, then I don’t know how you missed it.”

He reminded his audience of how “there was no bitterness, there was no anger and there was no guile” when they met in Washington, D.C., in 2010 for his Restoring Honor event.

“Most people won’t remember this — it is why we played hymns,” Beck said. “We played hymns the two hours before that event started on that Mall. And I did it intentionally. I hand-selected every song that was played … and the reason why I did is because we had to invite the spirit of peace, and that’s why you felt what you felt when we went to Washington.”

Beck proceeded to read something he wrote before his “Restoring Courage” event in Israel in 2011.

“I want you to listen carefully to it, because I am planting my flag here,” Beck said. “If you are somebody that says ‘I’m for violence … I am angry and I’m not going to take it anymore, and I’m going to act on that anger,’ then I want you to go to my Facebook page and unfriend me. I want you to go to my newsletter page and I want you to unsubscribe. I want you to go to TheBlaze TV and I want you to cancel your subscription today.”

Beck reminded his listeners that “there are more of us than them,” and the way to win against angry revolutionaries on the left or right is to stand on principles and virtues. There is a reason Martin Luther King, Jr. is remembered as a heroic historical figure who changed the world, he reminded, and Malcolm X is not.

Watch the clip below to hear Beck read the full letter he wrote in 2011 before Restoring Courage.

Video at link: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/15/if-you-find-yourself-believing-this-glenn-beck-wants-you-to-unfriend-him/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:14:56 pm by happyg »

Offline musiclady

I'm not a big fan of Glenn Beck, but I listen to him enough to know he's absolutely telling the truth about this.

Anyone who is 'disappointed' in him for not wanting violence doesn't know a thing about him.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:51:49 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline PzLdr

I wasn't his buddy to begin with. I'm more an "If he offers you his throat cut it" then a "turn the other cheek" guy.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline olde north church

What a tool.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Every herd needs an occasional thinning.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm not a big fan of Glenn Beck, but I listen to him enough to know he's absolutely telling the truth about this.

Anyone who is 'disappointed' in him for not wanting violence doesn't know a thing about him.

I'm mixed on the whole situation but I do see and understand what Beck is saying. On one hand, our side really needed an event to get us out from behind our keyboards and actually standing up for something instead of just clicking away about it. Our side was peaceful, they were reacting to an outrageous use of force by the government- snipers and SWAT for cattle grazing disputes (the kind that have been going on since the West was won)? 

On the other hand, reading some other sites (no specifics mentioned), there are a lot of hothead keyboard cowboys who actually wanted shots fired and were drooling over blood. One I read earlier actually said it was a 'shame there weren't unmarked BLM graves in the desert'. Idiots like that give the government an excuse to create tyranny.

Tyranny never came out of peace, but out of tragedy or violence. I'm sure many in the fedgov were chomping at the bit for someone on our side to shoot first so they could crack down and use it as an example to put 'extremists in their place'.

Beck's call to have a cool head is understood. We needed to stand up, but we also need to keep the keyboard cowboys in check and make sure some Lone Ranger wannabe doesn't give the fedgov their much desired Night of the Long Knives.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Our side was peaceful, they were reacting to an outrageous use of force by the government- snipers and SWAT for cattle grazing disputes

Cliven Bundy has "openly stated his willingness to use force against federal agents if they take his cattle off of the federal lands" (Breitbart 04/12/14), so the agents were in fact reacting to Bundy's threats of force.

P.S. Word of warning to those cowboys out West who openly announce or support the notion of fighting the Federal government:

Article III, Section 3, Clause 1, U.S. Constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them.

Fire one shot and you're guilty of treason.

Word of warning to the "keyboard cowboys" openly advocating and/ort supporting an act of rebellion:

U.S. Code › Title 18 › Part I › Chapter 115 › § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

The owner of this site is liable for the things that you write in here.

Play with fire and people will get burnt.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

I'm mixed on the whole situation but I do see and understand what Beck is saying. On one hand, our side really needed an event to get us out from behind our keyboards and actually standing up for something instead of just clicking away about it. Our side was peaceful, they were reacting to an outrageous use of force by the government- snipers and SWAT for cattle grazing disputes (the kind that have been going on since the West was won)? 

On the other hand, reading some other sites (no specifics mentioned), there are a lot of hothead keyboard cowboys who actually wanted shots fired and were drooling over blood. One I read earlier actually said it was a 'shame there weren't unmarked BLM graves in the desert'. Idiots like that give the government an excuse to create tyranny.

Tyranny never came out of peace, but out of tragedy or violence. I'm sure many in the fedgov were chomping at the bit for someone on our side to shoot first so they could crack down and use it as an example to put 'extremists in their place'.

Beck's call to have a cool head is understood. We needed to stand up, but we also need to keep the keyboard cowboys in check and make sure some Lone Ranger wannabe doesn't give the fedgov their much desired Night of the Long Knives.

Those are the same keyboard cowboys who, claiming to be pro-life, thought that the murder of an abortion doctor in cold blood was justifiable.

They are, for the most part, deranged, and I'm not sure there's any way we can keep them 'in check.'
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I don't think firing a shot, or even a few, constitutes treason.  If it did, then every criminal who fired at a federal law enforcement agent would be committing treason.  Levying war involves a lot more than simply firing shots at federal agents.  But since some of those supporting Mr. Bundy are, in fact, calling for rebellion and/or organized armed resistance to the BLM, it might become a closer call.

There are militia members traveling into Nevada to "stand with Bundy", claiming that they are "not afraid to shoot" at Federal agents.

That goes beyond the act of firing at a Federal agent, that's (somewhat) organized insurrection, and the United States has never stood by idly when faced with insurrection.

See "Shay's Rebellion".

See "Shay's Rebellion".

The number of participants in Shay's was huge in comparison to the population in the area.  There was also the Whiskey Rebellion and the Fries's in Pennsylvania.  Fighting against unjust laws or government overreach does not equal treason.

Offline happyg

The number of participants in Shay's was huge in comparison to the population in the area.  There was also the Whiskey Rebellion and the Fries's in Pennsylvania.  Fighting against unjust laws or government overreach does not equal treason.

Oh, it was also significant as setting the precedent of the government taking the side of mercantilism over individual liberty.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Yet Daniel Shay was charged with, tried (in absentia) and convicted of treason.

Fighting against unjust laws or government overreach does not equal treason.

Only if you win.

You all keep arguing that there is overreach here, but no one can point to the overreach.

If charging for the use of the land is the overreach, then that's been going on since the 1934 with the implementation of the Taylor Grazing Act of 1934.  Harry Truman created the BLM in order to replace the U.S. Grazing Service, which had been the Federal entity managing the implementation of the Taylor Grazing Act. That act states that:

"... the creation of a grazing district or the issuance of a permit pursuant to the provisions of this subchapter shall not create any right, title, interest, or estate in or to the lands."

Bundy does't OWN the land, nor does he any any sort of preeminent right to graze on it. Furthermore, has he ever wanted to OWN the land, because if he did, he'd have to pay taxes on it.

He doesn't want to pay taxes to own land where his cattle can graze, and he doesn't want to pay grazing fees on the land he's using to graze his cattle on.

Cliven Bundy and his family have been paying grazing fees to the Federal government since the early 1930's, but in 1993 he decided that he didn't have to pay the Feds because they didn't own the land, but then, why was he paying the fees prior to 1993?   

I take it, then, that you consider Geo. Washington to have abused his powers and imposed unjust and overreaching laws on the American people?  Why then is he still considered an American hero?

I'm not an expert on American history, I won't pretend to be one.  I think there was a difference between Shay's and the Whiskey Rebellion, commercial interests.  America has always come down upon the side of industry EXCEPT for when it clashes (not the best word) with revenue interests.
I think Americans view Washington as a hero for his accomplishments on the battlefield AND as a President who could have been King but refused.  People view Lincoln as a hero despite his trampling the Constitution.  Perhaps that's why another Illinois president in such high regard.  Publicly.

Yet Daniel Shay was charged with, tried (in absentia) and convicted of treason.

Only if you win.

You all keep arguing that there is overreach here, but no one can point to the overreach.

If charging for the use of the land is the overreach, then that's been going on since the 1934 with the implementation of the Taylor Grazing Act of 1934.  Harry Truman created the BLM in order to replace the U.S. Grazing Service, which had been the Federal entity managing the implementation of the Taylor Grazing Act. That act states that:

"... the creation of a grazing district or the issuance of a permit pursuant to the provisions of this subchapter shall not create any right, title, interest, or estate in or to the lands."

Bundy does't OWN the land, nor does he any any sort of preeminent right to graze on it. Furthermore, has he ever wanted to OWN the land, because if he did, he'd have to pay taxes on it.

He doesn't want to pay taxes to own land where his cattle can graze, and he doesn't want to pay grazing fees on the land he's using to graze his cattle on.

Cliven Bundy and his family have been paying grazing fees to the Federal government since the early 1930's, but in 1993 he decided that he didn't have to pay the Feds because they didn't own the land, but then, why was he paying the fees prior to 1993?

There are certain choices a man makes and lives with the consequences.  I don't care a whit personally for the man except for what he can provide as a symbol.  He's basically Lech Walesa, he represents something, a figure to gather around.  Again, as someone mentioned somewhere, other ranchers, not the rancher organizations, but ranchers support him.  Why?
Why was he paying prior to 1993?  I couldn't tell you.  Maybe he got involved with some sort of crackpot personal sovereignty movement.  Again, he's nothing more than a symbol.

There are militia members traveling into Nevada to "stand with Bundy", claiming that they are "not afraid to shoot" at Federal agents.

That goes beyond the act of firing at a Federal agent, that's (somewhat) organized insurrection, and the United States has never stood by idly when faced with insurrection.

See "Shay's Rebellion".

Could it be because they aren't afraid because the "strut around in tactical gear" office warriors opened their cock holsters?