Author Topic: Attorney General of cowards  (Read 371 times)

rangerrebew

Attorney General of cowards
« on: April 15, 2014, 05:41:05 pm »
AG Of Cowards

 Black & Right

 April 15, 2014

A real man would stand by his words, however the man who called the United States a “nation of cowards” is proving to be a coward himself.

I didn’t say there was a racial component. I was very careful not to say that.

I think what we have seen is kind of a breakdown in civility in Washington, D.C., and that becomes important because I think it has substantive impact. We are celebrating the 50th anniversary passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. If we had a Congress or an executive branch-legislative branch relationship in the way that we now have one, where there’s this lack of civility, I wonder whether or not you could have forged the necessary compromises, things that involved personal relationships, in order to get such a landmark piece of legislation passed.

And that’s essentially what I was decrying, the fact that we can’t somehow separate whatever our personal feelings are and focus on our functions as members of the executive branch or as legislators. I think that I’ve done a pretty good job in doing that, but it’s frustrating at times.
— Attorney General Eric Holder, Huffington Post

Of course because there was a backlash, WE didn’t hear it the way we were supposed to….

According to the text of his remarks posted by the Justice Department, Holder was improvising…

Let’s not forget what he said, because (given the venue) it sure doesn’t sound like he was straying…

You hear nothing but excuses from an administration that blames everyone else and takes no responsibility for their own under-performance and misspeaks. To blame others of racism and back off once called on it is the epitome of cowardice and if anyone knows what it’s like to live in a “nation of cowards”, it’s Eric Holder.

http://www.black-and-right.com/2014/04/15/ag-cowards/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:42:04 pm by rangerrebew »