Author Topic: Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy by John Hinderaker  (Read 121 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
Re: Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy by John Hinderaker
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 10:56:34 AM »
Bundy has also started grazing his cattle on land to which he never had a permit in the first place, which makes him a trespasser in an uncomplicated way.

I don't disagree that Bundy deserves our sympathy, he finds himself in a tough situation where he will have to give up the way of life he's used to and adapt to changing circumstances, and this will require that he stop using the federal lands he's always grazed his cattle on.  But sympathy shouldn't blind us to the fact that he doesn't have the right to use the federal land he's grazing his cattle on and that it's only reasonable for the owner of those lands - the federal government here - to seek to remove him.

We can all have sympathy for someone who loses his or her house to foreclosure because they can't afford  the mortgage any longer, but it would be wrong for us to put a stop to all foreclosures so that the owners can continue to stay there without even paying as much as they can afford to pay to the bank.  That was what Obama's administration has done with the various mortgage modification programs it put into place, and I don't think anyone here thinks those programs were a good idea.  I don't see any real difference between someone like that and Bundy.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:08:13 AM by Oceander »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf