Author Topic: The Atlantic calls out Obama for race baiting in voter ID debate  (Read 889 times)

rangerrebew

The Atlantic Calls Out Obama for Race-Baiting in Voter ID Debate

Obama needs to "avoid racializing the issue."

|
 Albert Merrick |

The Atlantic criticized Barack Obama Monday for "racializing" the issue of voter suppression. Friday, Obama delivered a speech on the evils of voter suppression efforts at Al Sharpton's National Action Network, giving what The Atlantic calls "the right speech in the wrong place."

According to the article, Obama needs to make his case to "affluent and middle-class voters how and why tens of millions of their fellow citizens" have had their right to vote threatened because of states' efforts to require identification at the polling stations. Sharpton, and his network, need no more convincing:

“The supporters of these laws say, correctly, that they do not discriminate on their face based upon race. That's why the president cannot allow this to become a black-versus-white issue, even though black and Hispanic advocates are rightfully concerned about the impact these laws are having on their communities. The notion that this is a racial issue is only reinforced when he stands with Al Sharpton and tells that audience what it already knows to be true.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/atlantic-calls-out-obama-race-baiting-voter-id-debate
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:15:40 am by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Re: The Atlantic calls out Obama for race baiting in voter ID debate
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 11:48:58 am »
I simply cannot believe that anyone can claim with a straight face that it's impossible for ethnic minorities - and only ethnic minorities - to get something as simple as a walker's license, even if they cannot manage to pass the test needed for a driver's license.

Offline WAYNE

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 01:08:46 pm »
  Isnt it funny how they can find an ID to buy booze with their welfare checks though?

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 01:17:52 pm »
  Isnt it funny how they can find an ID to buy booze with their welfare checks though?

That is the elephant in the room that liberals pretend isn't there.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 01:28:23 pm »
And let's not miss this glaring point. By going to his phony National Action Network, Obama legitimizes Sharpton as some kind of "community" leader.

Sharpton is an embarrassment. The facts are, Sharpton has never apologized for Twana Brawley, he was caught on an FBI wire arranging a drug deal so he turned rat against the mob, he has served jail time, and he shakes down corporations for hush money! He stirs up trouble wherever he goes.

Is this the kind of person the president of United States should honor with a speech?

Offline Relic

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 01:45:21 pm »
Is this the kind of person the president of United States should honor with a speech?

Birds of a feather...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 02:00:20 pm »
I simply cannot believe that anyone can claim with a straight face that it's impossible for ethnic minorities - and only ethnic minorities - to get something as simple as a walker's license, even if they cannot manage to pass the test needed for a driver's license.
My mentally handicapped brother-in-law needs ID for various purposes, so my husband took him to the DMV where they snapped his photo and gave him a state ID card. No problem.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 03:52:41 pm »
To get welfare in Ohio, the recipient needs to show a driver's license or state identification card. Voting is the only instance that democrats don't want proper id. It's obvious why.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 04:19:49 pm »
To get welfare in Ohio, the recipient needs to show a driver's license or state identification card. Voting is the only instance that democrats don't want proper id. It's obvious why.

This is the salient point. 

It's obvious why the left doesn't want to keep voting restricted to legal voters, nor do they want their voters to be limited to voting only once.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 04:40:46 pm »
This is the salient point. 

It's obvious why the left doesn't want to keep voting restricted to legal voters, nor do they want their voters to be limited to voting only once.

I don't know if you remember my posts back then, but just a few days before the election, a democrat group called my home for him. I asked them how they got his name, and the woman said he was on her list of democratic voters. Pat was a republican. He was also dead, and I guess they swooped him up. I called the Sec. of State, election board, not to mention every agency I could think of to report it. I was really po'd, as you can imagine. One redeeming part was, Pat was good friends with the head of the County Elections.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 04:44:56 pm »
I don't know if you remember my posts back then, but just a few days before the election, a democrat group called my home for him. I asked them how they got his name, and the woman said he was on her list of democratic voters. Pat was a republican. He was also dead, and I guess they swooped him up. I called the Sec. of State, election board, not to mention every agency I could think of to report it. I was really po'd, as you can imagine. One redeeming part was, Pat was good friends with the head of the County Elections.

Do you know if anything came of it?  Are there ever any consequences to the Dem's illicit behavior in these things?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 04:49:21 pm »
Do you know if anything came of it?  Are there ever any consequences to the Dem's illicit behavior in these things?

I had the feeling they ignored my calls. One guy in Columbus was interested and said he would check it out, but I never heard from him again. I guess I can go to the election board and see who voted. I'm not sure how that is done.