Author Topic: Ben Carson: White House wanted apology for offending Obama  (Read 692 times)

rangerrebew

Ben Carson: White House wanted apology for offending Obama
« on: April 15, 2014, 10:00:12 am »
Ben Carson: White House wanted apology for ‘offending’ Obama

Posted By Alex Pappas On 11:41 PM 04/14/2014 In | No Comments

Neurosurgeon Ben Carson says the White House wanted him to apologize for “offending” President Obama after he famously delivered a conservative message at the National Prayer Breakfast last year.

Carson, the former director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital, recalls the events surrounding his 2013 speech in his new book, One Nation: What We Can All Do To Save America’s Future. The Daily Caller obtained an advance copy of the book, which is set for release May 20.

“He did not appear to be hostile or angry,” Carson writes of Obama, “but within a matter of minutes after the conclusion of the program, I received a call from some of the prayer breakfast organizers saying that the White House was upset and requesting that I call the president and apologize for offending him. I said that I did not think that he was offended and that I didn’t think that such a call was warranted.”

Conservatives rallied around Carson last year after his remarks, made from a podium as Obama sat just feet away. In his speech, he railed against “political correctness” and offered specific ideas for health care reform.

“Many have commented that the president appeared to be uncomfortable during my speech, but I was not paying particular attention to him or his reactions, as my comments were really directed more at the American people than the people on the dais,” Carson recalls. “At the conclusion of the program, the president approached me to shake my hand and thank me for my participation.”

Since that speech, a super PAC has been formed to encourage Carson to run for president in 2016.

In his book, Carson suggests he has no plans to run, but hints he would if he “felt called by God.”

“I have been offered support from around the country and tremendous financial resources if I decide to run for national office,” he writes in his book. “But I have not felt called to run. I suspect that there are many others who think logically and are interested in a political future who might be better candidates than myself. Nonetheless, if I felt called by God to officially enter the world of politics, I certainly would not hesitate to do so.”

Watch Carson’s speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpiryahOspY&feature=player_embedded#t=0

Follow Alex on Twitter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/14/ben-carson-white-house-wanted-apology-for-offending-obama/

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:02:23 am by rangerrebew »

Offline musiclady

Re: Ben Carson: White House wanted apology for offending Obama
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:41:42 pm »
There is not one person in the WH who has an emotional age over 12.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 01:08:12 pm »
By the way, yesterday I heard a draft Ben Carson radio commercial in New York City.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 01:46:20 pm »
I could easily support Ben Carson for POTUS.  He may well be too honest and decent a man to survive a political campaign, however.  Particularly a right wing campaign.  Time will tell.

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 01:52:07 pm »
I could easily support Ben Carson for POTUS.  He may well be too honest and decent a man to survive a political campaign, however.  Particularly a right wing campaign.  Time will tell.

Ben Carson looks good, and seems to be what America needs. But, I once thought the same thing about Chris Christie.  :shrug:

Offline evadR

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 01:52:20 pm »
I hate to see Dr. Carson get into the swamp of politics but it would be a refreshing change to see a man of intelligence and rational thought process holding a key office.
Maybe we could start a trend.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:54:36 pm by evadR² »
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 01:53:47 pm »
That is the sort of thing that an authoritarian would do.  it's the sort of thing that Putin would do.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 02:15:25 pm »
The two main points in the ad for drafting Ben Carson is that he would repeal Obamacare and that he would bring people (read races) together. I understand that second point. It's interesting to imagine how the candidacy of a Ben Carson would be accepted by democrat black America.

Offline Relic

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 02:20:09 pm »
The two main points in the ad for drafting Ben Carson is that he would repeal Obamacare and that he would bring people (read races) together. I understand that second point. It's interesting to imagine how the candidacy of a Ben Carson would be accepted by democrat black America.

It wouldn't. There would be media stories with mention of Uncle Tom. Not accusing mind you, just putting it out there. Democrat operatives would openly call him an Uncle Tom. By the time they were done, LIVs would just assume Ben Carson was a Republican House N*****.

This is the kind of evil that the left is expert at employing.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 02:24:33 pm »
I like Dr. Carson, but I did not like the remark he made recently that he thought some gun control on certain kinds of guns were ok for people living in large cities.  I understand what he was saying, but I think that is the wrong approach.

I heard the Draft Carson ad too, but after the Draft Fred Thompson debacle - I'm through trying to draft people to run.  If they want to run, they'll run.  I'm glad he didn't apologize to President Stompy Feet though. 

:baby:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 02:36:25 pm »
It's interesting to imagine how the candidacy of a Ben Carson would be accepted by democrat black America.
Considering how many otherwise decent, God-fearing conservative black folks - who, had they actually examined the issues, would have found themselves in total disagreement with Obama - voted for him anyway simply because of his skin tone, I agree.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 01:12:30 am »
aligncare wrote above:
[[ It's interesting to imagine how the candidacy of a Ben Carson would be accepted by democrat black America. ]]

It would not be. I sense he'd get a reception amongst most blacks similar to that received by Clarence Thomas... a pariah.

As talented a surgeon as Dr. Carson is -- and he is an excellent speaker and writer as well (I read his pieces published in The Washington Times) -- this in no way qualifies him to be president, any more than Hillary Clinton is qualified or Barack Obama for that matter.

He'll make a great surgeon general in a future Republican administration. That would be an ideal platform from which to replace ObamaCare with something more workable -- or simply advocate its repeal to be followed by a return to the 2007 status quo.

But Carson for president?
I don't think so.

Aside: I'd much prefer Justice Thomas as president. Even though he's never held elected office, I'd consider him -far- more qualified to take on the job...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:17:05 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Relic

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 02:04:35 pm »
As talented a surgeon as Dr. Carson is -- and he is an excellent speaker and writer as well (I read his pieces published in The Washington Times) -- this in no way qualifies him to be president, any more than Hillary Clinton is qualified or Barack Obama for that matter.

In principle you're right, but... this is the age of the celebrity president. The only real qualification is that the public will vote for you. Competence, experience and skill are not required.

Offline Poser

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 02:16:04 pm »
I like what I've seen, but he is way too untested to run for president at this time. Perhaps VP but even that is a stretch. He needs seasoning in congress or perhaps a governorship. Handling the press and the disinformation campaigns of ones opponents is an absolute requirement to be a successful conservative candidate.

The last thing we need, this time around, is a ton of conservative candidates, splitting the conservative vote and allowing another squishy RINO moderate to win the primaries. We really need to settle upon one or two strong, tested candidates and stick with the one who proves more likely to win after the early primaries.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 06:35:09 pm »
Secretary of HHS.

He's got the brains and talent to help fix the wreckage created by Obamacare.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 02:05:18 pm »

If he were a democrat, there is no doubt in my mind the left would run him for president.  But as a conservative, the left will make the crucifixion of Jesus look like a day at the park the way he will be scourged by liberals.