Author Topic: Dick Morris: Bill Clinton 'Hated' Janet Reno, and Waco Made It Worse  (Read 1044 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=565512

Newsmax
Dick Morris: Bill Clinton 'Hated' Janet Reno, and Waco Made It Worse
Monday, April 14, 2014 02:37 PM

By: Aaron Stern

A dispute between federal authorities and a Nevada rancher over 400 cattle grazing on federal land that ended peacefully Sunday brought to mind two Western standoffs from two decades ago.

Republican strategist Dick Morris says one of the main reasons the Bureau of Land Management released the livestock was to avoid a repeat of armed confrontations that ended in civilian fatalities such as those in Ruby Ridge, Idaho, in 1992 and in Waco, Texas, in 1993.

"You simply cannot have any reason for the federal government to start firing on its people, and you add 200 armed people, including snipers, surrounding that property to round up 2,000 head of cattle," Morris told John Bachman and J.D. Hayworth on "America's Forum" on Monday on Newsmax TV.

Editor's Note: 2014 Global Forecast: Political Instability Triggers Market Turmoil

Morris, a former adviser to President Bill Clinton, said the Nevada situation called to mind a standoff between Clinton and then-Attorney General Janet Reno.

Morris said Clinton wanted to drop Reno after his first term in office but Reno threatened to tell the media that it was Clinton, not she, who ordered the raid on the compound in Waco that ended with 76 men, women, and children killed when the building was burned to the ground.

"Reno threatened the president with telling the truth about Waco, and that caused the president to back down," he said.

"Then he went into a meeting with her, and he told me that she begged and pleaded, saying that . . . she didn't want to be fired because if she were fired it would look like he was firing her over Waco," Morris said. "And I knew that what that meant was that she would tell the truth about what happened in Waco.

"Now, to be fair, that's my supposition. I don't know what went on in Waco, but that was the cause. But I do know that she told him that if you fire me, I'm going to talk about Waco."

Morris said Clinton disliked Reno.

"That was after Clinton had told me, 'Janet Reno was the worst mistake I ever made,'" Morris said. "He hated her."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
The main point here is that somebody in the White House realized they were right on the brink of another Waco and/or Ruby Ridge, and managed to convince Obama to pull the plug and get those snipers outa there before the excrement hit the air impeller in a very big and very ugly way.

If I had to guess who, I would nominate Denis McDonough as the responsible adult this time.....

:smokin:

Oceander

The main point here is that somebody in the White House realized they were right on the brink of another Waco and/or Ruby Ridge, and managed to convince Obama to pull the plug and get those snipers outa there before the excrement hit the air impeller in a very big and very ugly way.

If I had to guess who, I would nominate Denis McDonough as the responsible adult this time.....

:smokin:

I suspect that you're on target about someone realizing they were headed for another Waco.  I'm very glad that, so far, that appears to have been averted.

Online mountaineer

So Bubba didn't fire el Reno, and she rewarded him with the Elian Gonzales debacle.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I suspect that you're on target about someone realizing they were headed for another Waco.  I'm very glad that, so far, that appears to have been averted.

There's no damned way it would have been another "Waco".   The only 'loaded' weapons the authorities had were tasers.

Nope....where it was headed was martyrdom for the feds on the scene....and there wouldn't be any sympathy shown this administration.   It would have been ugly.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I have to disagree.

Almost positive that the federal law enforcement on the scene had no ammunition in those guns. 

It's the same SOP for Border Patrol agents....beanbags not cartridges.  They don't want to start a national/international incident.

We should get on our knees though thankful that nobody on Bundy's side....including those militia snipers....kept their cool.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald